Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2016 9:10:14 AM EDT
Has anyone thought about doing one of these Non NFA sawed off Mossberg pistol grip only shotguns?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I am not quite understanding the question completely but Mossberg already makes the Cruiser model that has a pistol grip and a 18.5" barrel.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:16:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am not quite understanding the question completely but Mossberg already makes the Cruiser model that has a pistol grip and a 18.5" barrel.
View Quote

I have been doing a lot of research on this. If you check Shockwave technologies website it will have info on it.

It is a cruiser model/pistol grip only shotgun, Mossberg 500. There is a lug, bird's head grip you can get to make it into a 14" barrel shot gun with no tax stamp needed. Apparently the ATF classifies the pistol grip only shotgun (this is key that it never had a stock) as an "other" weapon. "Other" weapons can have any barrel length you want as long as the weapon's overall length in greater than 26 inches.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I see now what you are getting at. It does look like a nifty project and a helluva wrist breaker!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Friend of mine and I sawed ours off last night. Was kind of a pain but finished 2 in 2 hours. Will need to test fire yet but looks mean.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Natural born slug gun.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Natural born slug gun.
View Quote

Might have to try that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 8:21:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Might have to try that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Natural born slug gun.

Might have to try that.

Load 'em heavy, shoot for speed, and post video.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a birds head grip that can go onto any mossberg cruiser. It's pretty neat, and definitely not in the EE right now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Might have to try that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Natural born slug gun.

Might have to try that.

Take video-horizontal frame!
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Black Aces, mag fed goodness.
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 7:04:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Black Aces, mag fed goodness.
View Quote

I seriously considered a Black Aces setup but couldn't justify an investment over $1200. How much are spare mags? $45? My set up was approximately $400 with transfer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top