Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2016 6:38:34 AM EDT
Wondering if the DOJ's online form is not compatible with an ipad or just buggy.

I get to the part where it starts asking the usual yes/no 4473 questions.  Select my answer, but the "next" button doesn't work.  I can't get to the next question or advance any further.  The "previous" button just refreshs the page (reloads question 1) and the "partial print" button opens up a PDF mail in renewal form.

Anyone successfully renew online or am I destined to have to snail mail a renewal and paper check.  I'm part of a rapidly growing demographic that doesn't own a internet PC anymore.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 8:37:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine worked fine...but I was on a PC with the Chrome browser.

Try downloading Chrome and using that...otherwise, try on a PC.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#2]
UPDATE

Worked on my iphone 6.  Guess it just didn't like my old ipad.  Not sure why it would matter.  I'm always running the latest ios.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:53:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone else get jipped out of 4 months on their renewal?  Old card expired in December, renewed it last week and now it expires in August....
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:39:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Anyone else get jipped out of 4 months on their renewal?  Old card expired in December, renewed it last week and now it expires in August....
View Quote

Yes, there was another thread on here a short time ago, and it seems that's the standard process. I didn't even notice it on mine until someone mentioned it in the thread and I checked. Not sure why they wouldn't just extend it out another 5 years, but I'm not concerned about it enough to complain to the powers that be.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have the Utah non resident license the renewal requires a new passport photo,
That costs $15 just for the photo at Usps! What a pain!
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

At some point, your going to die.  Odds are,it will not happen on the day your CCW expires.
So don't sweat it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:51:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

At some point, your going to die.  Odds are,it will not happen on the day your CCW expires.
So don't sweat it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So don't sweat it.

I must be having a deja vu moment, I coulda sworn you said that exact phrase a couple weeks ago, but the post timestamp says yesterday......
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:38:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I probably did, you have to say things a couple of times on here ....

All I know is I'm good for another 5 years, and when that expires, I renew for another, and another...until I die....I will most likely not need to carry in heaven, but hey, if they post it, concealed means concealed....
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a concept of Heaven that is one big range and ongoing hunting expedition. If everyone is shooting/hunting I don't think we need to worry about concealing.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm still carrying...
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:22:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Site is not working today for me for some reason from my pc...... maybe heavy traffic?
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#12]
WOW that was fast!

received renewal letter 8/25
renewed online at 10pm 8/25
received new permit in this mornings mail.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you have the Utah non resident license the renewal requires a new passport photo,
That costs $15 just for the photo at Usps! What a pain!
View Quote

Try walgreens.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I took my own with a digital camera, using the federal guidelines and submitted it. They accepted it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I probably did, you have to say things a couple of times on here ....

All I know is I'm good for another 5 years, and when that expires, I renew for another, and another...until I die....I will most likely not need to carry in heaven, but hey, if they post it, concealed means concealed....
View Quote

Harv thinks he going to heaven ............  

Link Posted: 9/2/2016 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
WOW that was fast!

received renewal letter 8/25
renewed online at 10pm 8/25
received new permit in this mornings mail.
View Quote

Same experience. Renewed online after business hours on 8/29. Renewed permit in hand on 8/31. Didn't have to go anywhere, wait in any lines, or deal with the public. Remarkably easy and efficient.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Got my renewal notice a couple of days ago. Due in Jan.

I think I'll wait til November/December to renew so I can get my money's worth.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Original permit was what, $40? Was good for 5 years (60 months). So that breaks down to 67 cents per month. If you renew 2 months early, you blew almost a buck & a half.

Next renewal, it will be 37 cents per month, oh my.........

Mine expires Dec 7th, got the letter, but haven't renewed. I'm saving those few bucks by waiting until November.....

j/k. I've been too busy, any day now I'll do it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Had a heck of a time getting my height to come out right on final page before confirming renewal. 6'4" was not acknowledged correctly until the 3rd try of filling out all pages of the online renewal. Finally got it though. Anyone else had this problem?
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#20]
FWIW I would typically avoid using mobile devices like phones and tablets for filling out documents like that in general. Usually those sorts of things are designed around using a PC with a modern browser; you may run into issues otherwise (hell you may run into issues anyway, it's the government).
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 11:18:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Had a heck of a time getting my height to come out right on final page before confirming renewal. 6'4" was not acknowledged correctly until the 3rd try of filling out all pages of the online renewal. Finally got it though. Anyone else had this problem?
View Quote

Same thing happened to me. Got to the final page and it had added an inch to my height. I went back to the beginning, made sure it was correct, answered all the questions again only to find out it added back that inch again. I wasn't going to waste anymore time so I just submitted it like that. On the flip side, that was a week ago and I haven't received it yet while several posts up people mention receiving theirs in 3 or 4 days. I hope this height issue didn't create a problem.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:21:50 AM EDT
[#22]
If you are using Chrome for a browser, and you have "auto-fill" turned on, be sure to double check your renewal app before submitting payment. Mine would change my first name to my wife's first name every time I entered my address (I guess because she orders lots of stuff online). I didnt catch it the first time unil I was ready to pay, then I could not go back to edit. I had to leave the page, then come back and start over (after going to Chrome's settings and turning that annoying shit off).

FWIW... I renewed on-line on Monday Oct 10 (Columbus Day) at 11:30am.... my new permit was in my mailbox on Wednesday Oct 12, and I'm typically 2 days mailing time away from Madison, up north. Date issued was same date as date I renewed. What took so long?
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 12:52:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Renewed 11/1 at 3:46PM.
Was still issued/printed 11/1.

Arrived 11/3.

Wow!  Great job DOJ.

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 9:18:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Here's what I'm thinking, considering the "speed" of renewals..... I'm starting to believe that when you get the renewal letter, with that unique number for renewing online, that your background check is already completed when the letter is sent, and they're just waiting for your $22.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 9:25:50 AM EDT
[#25]
I don't allow all cookies on my machine.  I did put in an exception for https://concealedcarry.doj.wi.gov/ccwonline/index.html#! and https://concealedcarry.doj.wi.gov.  I put my name in with upper and lower case.  Have my user ID number right with the correct use of upper and lower case.  The question that I have is how do I enter my driver's license number?  Do you enter the dashes or just the numbers in a continuous string?  Is my driver's license number case sensitive when I enter it?

It keeps telling me that I am doing something wrong and it doesn't recognize me.  Any help would be appreciated.  I didn't renew right away in Aug because I didn't want to give away any time and wanted my full 5 years.  I'm running out of time now and could use some help.  Thanks
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#26]
I bet that I entered my information 8 to 10 times and I knew that it was either a format or something was off.  Finally changed what I was entering in as a "1" to an "l" and it accepted it.  What I thought was a number one was in reality a lower case L.  Even after looking at that number with a magnifying glass, I was certain it was a number one.  

If you are having any issues, your number one could be a lower case L.  Good luck everyone else.

Link Posted: 11/9/2016 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Thank You!!  You saved me a phone call.  I entered the information several different ways and it wouldn't take.  Seen your post and switched what I too thought was the number "1" to a lower case L and it worked.  Was also wondering about the "O", but I had guessed correctly and it ended up being a capital letter O.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 12:03:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Glad that it helped you out.  I felt foolish posting about my troubles, but if it helped one other person, I'm cool with looking goofy.

By the way, completed on line on 11/7 received new license on 11/10.  Crazy fast indeed.  My renewal notice came in Aug and I didn't want to loose three months so I waited as long as I could to do my renewal.  License expired on the 9th, new license arrived on the 10th - not bad timing.  If I didn't have difficulty entering the information, I would have hit it even better.  Pretty smooth process.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 12:11:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Mine went super quick also.  Renewed online on 11-09 at night.  Received today, 11-12.  Nothing wrong with that!!
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 8:24:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Heard something weird. My two hunting buddies' wives got theirs renewed last week, and also got a letter asking them to return their expired permits to DOJ. WTF? The guys didnt get that request, I didn't either, but those 2 women did. Anybody else see this?
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Heard something weird. My two hunting buddies' wives got theirs renewed last week, and also got a letter asking them to return their expired permits to DOJ. WTF? The guys didnt get that request, I didn't either, but those 2 women did. Anybody else see this?
View Quote

Sounds pretty anecdotal... going to need that letter posted....
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 12:11:53 PM EDT
[#32]
It is incumbent upon them to renew before their license expires regardless if they receive a notice from the DOJ..
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, I don't have it, but I believe them. They asked me about it because I know more about this shit than either of them do. I didn't make this clear .... the letter asking them to send back their expired old license was included in the same envelope with their new ones, not with their renewal letter.

edit - Neither of them had expired yet, both had about 2 months left when they renewed. .

Both the women did not expire until late December (28th or so, they got their permits just prior to New Years...).... they didn't apply until mid December 2011 after they took a class at Cabelas in Richfield. The guys applied on day one, using hunters safety, they both got theirs in about 10 days after application, and both renewed weeks ago. BTW... one couple lives in West Allis, the other in Greenfield.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Had my new license within 4 days of renewing online.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:55:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Sent in late Tueday night.  Received Friday.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top