Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2016 7:20:44 AM EDT
I don't frequent the area of concern but should I still be concerned?
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:01:51 AM EDT
[#1]
probably only when you get near the area of concern. I don't go to any of the large cities with out a pistol.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:55:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't go east of Hwy 100 unless you are armed.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't go east of Hwy 100 unless you are armed.
View Quote

I believe that highway runs east west....
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 10:49:10 PM EDT
[#5]
It runs east and west on the south side and north and south on the west side.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 6:30:20 AM EDT
[#6]
We went to state fair. Much larger than normal police presence.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 8:01:16 AM EDT
[#7]
It's not an area you should be traveling in on a good day.  

It's pretty rough 24/7/365.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I have weaves for sale in the EE. I heard there was a high demand for them. I'll even throw in a stripper clip spoon.

https://twitter.com/DeeconX/status/765016547353964544
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 5:02:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It runs east and west on the south side and north and south on the west side.
View Quote

Yes Harv, it's east and west through Oak Creek and Franklin (Southernmost Suburbs in Milwaukee County) and makes a big 1/4 turn and becomes 108th St. going North and South.  What the dude said was true.  Up in Milwaukee, on the North side, once you get east of hwy 100 (108th St.) it becomes rougher and rougher.  Depending on where.  The further north and south you go, the better it is.  But just north of 94 is where it's worse between 100 block to about the 50th block (the 5000's).  Then it starts to ease up.  It's also where there's been about a gazillion auto thefts in the last year or two.  

I'm not sure what the hell they expect.  It seems some people expected to commit whatever crimes they want without the police doing anything.  Maybe I'm not seeing both sides properly, but it appears that way to me.  And then I really don't get how burning businesses in your own neighborhood makes any sort of statement that makes any sense at all.  I've been told during the 60's in the race riots, people in their own communities burned all kinds of stuff up.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Sherman Blvd ain't shit. Take a walk around 34th and Galena which is "the hood" at 1am.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#11]
just follow a route around the area
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:36:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Absolutely. Angry crowds have zero collective wisdom. The individuals involved feed off each other with the most outrageous actions of one being copied or expanded upon by another.

Of all the protests that have occurred over the last couple of years I'm still waiting for the one legitimate case of police brutality. It simply hasn't happened yet. I have zero sympathy for men or women who, while involved in criminal activity, refuse to comply with police commands.

They refuse at their own peril and virtually every case so far has been the result of career criminals defying the law. Good riddance, and may God Bless.

Scott Walker should instruct the National Guard to shoot on sight anyone throwing rocks. bottles, Molotov cocktails, destroying private property, looting or committing arson. People have a right to peacefully protest anything, even if it makes no sense to 90%+ of the population. What they do not have is a right to do is harm anyone physically or financially.

Thank God for the police! May He watch over each every member of the law enforcement community in these trying times.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:17:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Absolutely. Angry crowds have zero collective wisdom. The individuals involved feed off each other with the most outrageous actions of one being copied or expanded upon by another.

Of all the protests that have occurred over the last couple of years I'm still waiting for the one legitimate case of police brutality. It simply hasn't happened yet. I have zero sympathy for men or women who, while involved in criminal activity, refuse to comply with police commands.

They refuse at their own peril and virtually every case so far has been the result of career criminals defying the law. Good riddance, and may God Bless.

Scott Walker should instruct the National Guard to shoot on sight anyone throwing rocks. bottles, Molotov cocktails, destroying private property, looting or committing arson. People have a right to peacefully protest anything, even if it makes no sense to 90%+ of the population. What they do not have is a right to do is harm anyone physically or financially.

Thank God for the police! May He watch over each every member of the law enforcement community in these trying times.

I 2nd everything said in this quote.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I 2nd everything said in this quote.

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen, my friend posted some video on FB of one gal yelling about not burning their own stuff but they should "take it to the suburbs".     He must've took it down off of his FB page because I can't find it right now.  Oh well.  

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:41:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Amen, my friend posted some video on FB of one gal yelling about not burning their own stuff but they should "take it to the suburbs".     He must've took it down off of his FB page because I can't find it right now.  Oh well.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you google Shrelle Smith you can find it. Talk about inciting a riot!
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 3:38:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That video was in the link I posted above.

https://twitter.com/DeeconX/status/765016547353964544

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I highly recommend staying away from Mayfair Mall.  And all the malls get squirrely at night.  Especially Friday night.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#19]
unless you go into that area after 9pm you are fine.  Its much more dangerous for black males to be in those areas than it is for white ones. Unless you are looking for trouble you will be fine.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 12:31:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Aaaaaah, some of those neighborhoods are pretty dangerous all the time.  Without all the civil unrest.  I disagree.  I've spent enough time in them from jobs to know I disagree with "you will be fine" if you frequent certain areas.  I used to work in those areas and "fine" is not something that comes to mind.  I worked at a contractor that did a lot of work in rough areas and we constantly were losing tools from people breaking into the vans.  The owners daughter was robbed at gunpoint one time.  The Owner was pistol whipped one time.  Fortunately I never knew anybody that was murdered, but it happened more than I care to know.  I never shared half of those stories of crap I witnessed to my wife because she would be freaking.  I'm so glad I don't have to go down there any longer.   I kept a gun in my backpack all times before we even had CCW.  I kept it unloaded so that it was technically legal.  I kept the mag in a separate pouch but accessible.  I figured I was better off than not having any options at all.  Besides my Gerber Air Ranger knife.  That was probably technically illegal, but I wasn't quite sure about that.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Also disagree with the "you'll be just fine" assessment. Spent a decade working in that area.

Girl shot at gas station over nothing at noon. 40 yr old white male shot at gas station at 3:45pm. Square commuters boxed in and strong arm robbed IN TRAFFIC. Fine gentleman let off 20+ rounds of 7.62 from an AKM at 2PM, because someone on a corner disrespected him. Constant robberies and assaults at all times of day. Aggressive panhandling of vehicles stuck in fast food drive through lanes. 'Kids' kicking dents in commuter cars at stop lights and trying to bait square folks to chase them into a robbery setup while their car is stolen.

A lot of that you can avoid, for a little while, if you're alert and just need to shuffle through. What you cannot avoid is the risk of ridiculous car crashes. They're constantly towing away terrible wrecks. Constantly. It's never a fender bender either. An unemployed, uninsured, unlicensed, heavily inebriated, freshly released felon blows the light doing 50 in a 25. Hugh deflection in the vehicles. One car flipped over. Crap all over the roadway. Multiple totaled vehicles. All day, every day. As a normal person you're perpetually stunned, trying to figure out how such massive damage could possibly be inflicted between vehicles in a 25 or 30 mph zone. You're lucky if you get a timely police and ambulance response in the aftermath. No gripe against the cops. They're too busy fending off everything else and don't have the bandwidth to even show up at crashes unless someone is dying. Now your vehicle is disabled, you're injured, and the local predators are eying up their opportunities.

A high level police person offered the advice not to dare stop to tend a flat tire. "Drive on the rim. Drive it down to a flaming nub. DO NOT STOP HERE. No amount of tire and wheel expense is worth what can happen to you if you stop here; even for a few minutes."

I'm leaving a lot out. The overall truth is that the entire area is crawling with opportunist predators that are waiting for a chance to beat, rob, rape, and victimize whomever they can; with bonus points if they can get hold of a square that doesn't belong there. Just because someone manages to deny them this opportunity, doesn't make the area safe. Plus, there's not a reason in the world to be there. There's nothing you need to have. Everyone can simply cross it off the map and never know the difference. Everything of value has already left.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, sounds about right.  You just talking about it bringing back how I flipping hated being down there.  But it was the job I had at the time.  Well, two jobs I had took me there at times.  One more than others. The stress......  ugh.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:05:25 PM EDT
[#23]
The poster above about the driving conditions is spot on.  for a 30 mph zone, I see crashes all the time that look like 60.  Passing in the bus lanes.  Running red lights.  Speeding.

Downtown, fine, but don't go to that MAP area that AJ Dual posted above.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I highly recommend staying away from Mayfair Mall.  And all the malls get squirrely at night.  Especially Friday night.
View Quote

Capital Court used to be a war zone....I suspect Northridge is by now as well....
Stay on the far south side or far west side of Milwaukee ...Brookfield,Waukesha,
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

LOL... Northridge has been closed and fenced off for 13 years now.  Because of the north side.

I kind of wish all the malls and stores in a metro area would all pool their money and keep a "sacrificial mall" and stores/movie theater open no matter how bad it got.

That Leftard that owns Penzy's Spices wanted the property to build a big warehouse or something, but a bunch of deals and improvements/uses for the land at Northridge have fallen through. Now a series of Chinese-backed real-estate developers (who themselves have probably been scammed) own the property.

http://archive.jsonline.com/business/ideas-conflict-on-redevelopment-of-northridge-areas-empty-buildings-b99731713z1-381174521.html

Even the "Big Box" stores that came in around the mall snapping up the cheap land all pulled out/died.  

My fantasy would be to convert Northridge into a huge indoor shooting sports center. For wintertime USPSA/IDPA and Zombie-themed paintball games etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Capital Court used to be a war zone....I suspect Northridge is by now as well....
Stay on the far south side or far west side of Milwaukee ...Brookfield,Waukesha,

LOL... Northridge has been closed and fenced off for 13 years now.  Because of the north side.

I kind of wish all the malls and stores in a metro area would all pool their money and keep a "sacrificial mall" and stores/movie theater open no matter how bad it got.

That Leftard that owns Penzy's Spices wanted the property to build a big warehouse or something, but a bunch of deals and improvements/uses for the land at Northridge have fallen through. Now a series of Chinese-backed real-estate developers (who themselves have probably been scammed) own the property.

http://archive.jsonline.com/business/ideas-conflict-on-redevelopment-of-northridge-areas-empty-buildings-b99731713z1-381174521.html

Even the "Big Box" stores that came in around the mall snapping up the cheap land all pulled out/died.  

My fantasy would be to convert Northridge into a huge indoor shooting sports center. For wintertime USPSA/IDPA and Zombie-themed paintball games etc.

Like I said I left there back when I thought it was bad...being from north central Wi....I was pretty much in shock I think for the 6 yrs I lived there....and worked downtown off of Water St.

I quit buying Penzy's spices after seeing what commie poofter he was and those causes he supports....but hey the spice business is worse in Milwaukee then the one in the Dune novels
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah we stopped with the Penzeys a long time ago.  They do have some good stuff though.  Lefties.....  Grrrrrrrrrrrr
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:08:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Not going South of Nequon Road this year is family policy.  The day they decide to block the expressway and start pulling people from cars can happen anytime and without warning.  It's not worth the legal persecution if one has to start shooting them.  

I rather wait until they "burn the suburbs" up North here.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top