Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2016 10:56:38 PM EDT
Much of what is being taken from the stolen vehicles are items like computers that can be easily sold. But several jurisdictions have seen weapons stolen from unlocked vehicles.

“We had three handguns that were stolen from three different vehicles. They were Glocks. The vehicles were unlocked,” DeForest Police Chief Robert Henze said.
View Quote

link

All three were stolen the same night, according to the department's facebook page.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 12:56:06 AM EDT
[#1]
The fact people leave them in unlocked vehicles says a lot about what they think of their Glock
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:26:27 AM EDT
[#2]
De Forest always used to be the type of town you could leave your car and house unlocked.  Sadly, not anymore

Its a major pit stop location for those running drugs now.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

De Forest always used to be the type of town you could leave your car and house unlocked.  Sadly, not anymore

Its a major pit stop location for those running drugs now.  

View Quote
Not real sure that all of those are "theft" rather than "sold to tookie the felon for $400 in cash" deals.

DeForest does have it's slimy side.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Mequon got hit on July 5th early AM. Tons of cars rifled through, including ours. I thought I lost a pistol in mine, but it turned out my MIL had moved it while helping set up for the bbq. I never leave them in the car unless I'm in a building that's prohibited (like the VA, where I was the day prior) but it wasn't in the only spot I leave it at home so I panicked and called it in, then retracted it few hours later.

Hopefully they pulled the flag on the SN or whatever just in case I get stopped sometime carrying it
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:32:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Is this the new boating accident?
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top