Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2016 3:52:25 PM EDT
8-10" of rainfall last night+.

US 2 towards MI is closed, 13 north near highbridge is out with major damage.

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#1]
We are south of Marengo.  Our road is washed out pretty bad.  I'll try to upload pictures later but we're currently without power and the phone service is slow for uploading.

ETA: here's a picture of our road.

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We are south of Marengo.  Our road is washed out pretty bad.  I'll try to upload pictures later but we're currently without power and the phone service is slow for uploading.

ETA: here's a picture of our road.

<a href="http://s1194.photobucket.com/user/RidgeRunner65255/media/IMG_20160712_054532405_zpsz3mibfga.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa361/RidgeRunner65255/IMG_20160712_054532405_zpsz3mibfga.jpg</a>
View Quote

Damn, stay safe.

I bet we have mutual friends

I know someone near bass lake that had to loan a boat to someone so they could get home.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#3]
We probably do. Here's another of our road a little further down.  This culvert is usually dry this time off year.  Luckily we can go across to bass lake to get around and aren't completely stranded.

Link Posted: 7/12/2016 10:56:01 PM EDT
[#4]
In Hurley.

Got a crew coming up from Eau Claire tomorrow to do an emergency survey on the STH 13 bridge that's out.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#5]
My cousin is LEO up there and was putting pics and videos on Facebook most of the day yesterday.  Looks pretty crazy up there.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Some guy still clinging to the idea that civilian rail travel is viable is going "FINALLY, NOW'S OUR CHANCE. GET ON THE AM RADIO AND SPREAD THE WORD!"
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 6:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:11:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
anyone around the Winchester, presq isle, mercer area??  how are things there?
View Quote

I think those areas are okay for the most part.  Vilas county offered resources to the hard hit counties to help repair roads.  Based on that I'm guessing things aren't too bad there.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:46:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 3:22:32 PM EDT
[#12]

I talked to a guy whose boat is there.  The pictures don't do it justice.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Old Soo Liner here ..know the area a bit...dangerous places to have floods coming out of the hills...
Thanks for the pics.
Still have friends in Mellen and Ashland brother in Phillips
They won't be pushing heavies over those trestles for a while

List of Hwy Closures
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:43:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Just west of Hurley.  I haven't ventured out to any of the affected areas, (just want to stay out of the way of the people that need to be in those areas).
I was buying gas when that storm came in and thought; this is gonna get ugly.

RIP, Mitch Koski.  We lost a good man.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#15]
http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/news/4076303-woman-dies-after-driving-washout-bayfield-county-highway

Some People.

A woman died Monday after driving past barricades on a flood-damaged highway in Bayfield County and plunging about 50 feet into a washout.

According to the Bayfield County Sheriff's Office, a Wisconsin Department of Transportation official assessing damage to the washout on U.S. Highway 63 just north of Grand View called 911 at about 9:30 a.m. to report a car had been driven around the road-closed barricade at Raymond Avenue in Grand View, and then another set of barricades about a half-mile closer to the washout.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 10:24:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Yep.

That's a pretty big hole to just drive into.  Maybe she hit it at night........  But damn, I'd think driving around a road closed sign would make one be super cautious as to what would be ahead.

HWY 13 has a big one too.  I got around it using the gravel township roads Friday night though.

They opened US2 through Odanah up to light vehicle traffic yesterday.  They still aren't letting heavy trucks through though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:11:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Got hit hard again this morning.  High winds knocked down trees and power lines all over Ashland.

Things were looking a little dry though so we needed the rain.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, I was thinking chainsaws at dawn today, but not so bad at my place.  (Phillips)
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Got hit hard again this morning.  High winds knocked down trees and power lines all over Ashland.

View Quote

Can I ask whose grid you are on?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:05:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm on Bayfield Electric and we have power in Marengo. Most of the power outages I know of are to the north.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm on Bayfield Electric and we have power in Marengo. Most of the power outages I know of are to the north.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Crap.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I just ended up with some branches laying around in the yard and about an inch of rain overnight.

They are getting the last of the sunken boats of the bottom of Saxon Harbor.
This was a very nice boat before the storm.  42 footer.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:24:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, Xcel still doesn't have the power back on.....

We asked someone to look at the standby generator in May because it wasn't working, called again on July 1st, said it was on the list. Still haven't look at it.

May have to drive 6 hours with my generator so we can run the sump, will know in the morning.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:11:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just ended up with some branches laying around in the yard and about an inch of rain overnight.

They are getting the last of the sunken boats of the bottom of Saxon Harbor.
This was a very nice boat before the storm.  42 footer.
http://www.yourdailyglobe.com/home/cms_data/dfault/photos/stories/id/5/9/6959/.TEMP/s_topTEMP-6608.jpeg
View Quote

I have some great memories of fishing out of Saxon in their tournament every year.  It was a beautiful harbor.  Hopefully they can get everything needed to rebuild it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

We asked someone to look at the standby generator in May because it wasn't working, called again on July 1st, said it was on the list. Still haven't look at it.

May have to drive 6 hours with my generator so we can run the sump, will know in the morning.
View Quote

Mind if I ask what area you're located?  My mom is still without power this morning near Washburn.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:38:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Mind if I ask what area you're located?  My mom is still without power this morning near Washburn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I'm down near milwaukee, but the place in question...sounds like we're almost neighbors.

FWIW, power was back on this morning.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#27]
ETA:  Never mind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top