Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2016 2:13:25 PM EDT
I am looking for a private range or land to shoot on in South Eastern Wisconsin.  I'm in Franklin, WI.  The best range is all the way out in Eagle, WI.  I joined a club nearby, but they don't allow you to shoot by yourself.  Due to work and range restrictions, I've only been to a range twice in the last year.  I'm looking to change that immediately.  

Ideally, i'm looking for someplace that is already set up for range use.  Otherwise someplace that has no neighbors would be perfect.  Land with a natural backstop is a huge plus.  Something like a large hill, cliff, ravine, or wooded area to shoot into would be perfect.  Ideally I would like to push myself out to 1000 yards, but I understand land limitations probably wont allow for that.  300 yards would probably be the minimum distance I would accept.  I'm also not looking to annoy anyone.  Most of my shooting will be done with suppressors.  Would prefer no nearby neighbors.

A little bit about myself.  Safety is my number one priority.  I've been involved in shooting sports for a little over 5 years now.  I mainly just shoot off the bench for groups.  I am wanting to get into long range shooting.  I'm super busy with my businesses so i'm just looking for some private land to shoot on at my own time.  

I will have my own targets and stands.  I will always clean up after myself and leave your land looking as it did before I got there.  I will also respect your time and restrictions.  I will call/text before coming to make sure it is okay.

If you have land that meets my needs or some thing similar please email or pm me.  I will get back to you ASAP.  We can discuss your land, payment, and a tour of the property.  Properties can be anywhere within an hour of Franklin, WI.  

Thank You
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I am 2 hours from Franklin and all it would cost you is your time to shoot here I have 200 yard rifle range.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#2]
You still selling beef?
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#3]
they got too damned expensive to raise. we were getting bottle calves for 30-50.00 now you can not touch them for less than 400-500.00
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 12:30:50 PM EDT
[#4]
30 minutes from Franklin is going to hamper any results for open land.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I figured as much.  Anywhere outside of that though, I might as well go to McMiller or join RCLRC.

ETA:  I'm thinking it might be better to just buy some hunting land and have a crew clean out an area for a range and future cabin.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Bump of sadness.  Lets move it back to an hour away from Franklin, WI.  Also I will pay you generously!

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bump of sadness.  Lets move it back to an hour away from Franklin, WI.  Also I will pay you generously!

View Quote

I have land in Pierce Co. and Dunn Co., move? lol
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#8]
You buy the land, I have the equipment to make a range
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:19:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out Daniel Boone Conservation League - it is a nice facility

http://dbcl.org/

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check out Daniel Boone Conservation League - it is a nice facility

http://dbcl.org/

View Quote

Thanks!  I'll be checking the, out soon.  Do they require any service/volunteer hours a year?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:26:12 PM EDT
[#12]
You have the option for service hours to reduce yearly dues, or pay full boat ($200)
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top