Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2016 12:49:00 PM EDT
Hello all. Looking for your thoughts on my situation. I love shooting and up until recently my father has been a member at a local shooting club. Recently he has moved, thus cancelling his membership. This leaves me up to the decision as to whether I should start my own membership there, or search other places to shoot. Ideally I'd like to get 20 acres, or use a friends land, but I don't know anyone with that much land to setup a range. I don't mind shooting at the range where you have to be a member, but the rifle range is only 100M, and they aren't the most open people with setting up steel targets. Also, the membership is $100 to get in, $75 a year, 15 hours a year, and  a NRA membership is required. Basically I'm curious what you guys would do, or does anybody have a spot near Oconomowoc that I could setup steel targets? I'm willing to clean up after myself, or leave targets up for your use!

Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:35:26 PM EDT
[#1]
How far Southeast?  Racine?  

Do you know about McMillers (Eagle / Palmyra WI)
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in Oconomowoc, just became a member of Oconomowoc Sportsman's club. They do new members in the spring AFAIK. $200 initiation, $100 yearly dues, 10 hours work. IIRC They have 8 pistol caliber bays, rifle range for 30, 100, 200, 300yd. Targets available on premises for use. It was close and a coworker got me in. It's just south of Ixonia. Worth looking into for the future IMO.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How far Southeast?  Racine?  

Do you know about McMillers (Eagle / Palmyra WI)
View Quote

I've heard mcmillers has a limit on how fast you can shoot. Looking for a place I can go and not have to worry about dealing with dumb people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top