Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2016 6:34:45 PM EDT
Wow did that 5 years go fast. Mine expires this fall and I assume the state will send out renewal notices. Anyone go thru the process yet?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I recall the state is to send a renewal notice at least 90 days before expiration.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Notices will start rolling out in a month or two. That's at lest what the Doj is saying.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have moved:

- Get your ID / License updated with the new address. This gets the new address in the state database. (You can update the address without the ID, but why not?)

- Fill out the form that notifies the DoJ of the address move.  If you want, you can get a new card with the new address, but an old address is fine as long as you have notified the DoJ.

The DoJ and DMV keep separate databases, but the DoJ asks the DMV DB what the address is as part of verification.

(Hint: you should have told the DoJ within 30 days of the move already, but, there isn't a penalty for doing it late as far as can see. You do risk having a LEO noting this if you don't.)
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know what the fee is for renewal?
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:43:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Same as getting a 1st permit, currently $40?
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:59:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Same as getting a 1st permit, currently $40.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same as getting a 1st permit, currently $40.

Well in fairness, I think we all spent $50 when we first got them in ~late 2011 :-)  At least they reduced the price by $10 over time!

I saw on the DOJ site this tid-bit also.  Online renewals?  Sweet :)

Concealed Carry

CCW: What’s New

In July of 2016 the first Wisconsin CCW licenses will become
eligible for renewal. To renew a CCW license, Wisconsin residents will
be able to use the new Online License Application System.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone peek at the WI CCW reciprocity map lately?  Looks like a bunch of States are in there now that didn't used to be.  For example, I always remember Alabama not being honored, but it's included now.  I haven't kept up much so I probably missed the news bit, but pretty cool.

https://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/conceal-carry/reciprocity
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:28:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Anyone peek at the WI CCW reciprocity map lately?  Looks like a bunch of States are in there now that didn't used to be.  For example, I always remember Alabama not being honored, but it's included now.  I haven't kept up much so I probably missed the news bit, but pretty cool.

View Quote
I think the deal was the state had to ask, as well as be qualified with similar training.

It took a bit for them to get around to asking.

That map isn't real useful, it shows LEO who should be allowed but as a resident, I am more interested in where I can go and carry, not who can come here and carry.

Minnesota still doesn't honor (and probably won't with the leftist fucks they elect) our CCW.  Neither does the "we have great gun laws" texas.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think the deal was the state had to ask, as well as be qualified with similar training.  

That map isn't real useful, it shows LEO who should be allowed but as a resident, I am more interested in where I can go and carry, not who can come here and carry.

Minnesota still doesn't honor (and probably won't with the leftist fucks they elect) our CCW.  Neither does the "we have great gun laws" texas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Minnesota's legislature did pass a law that would've made MN 100% reciprocity, but their Guv (Dem...no surprise) vetoed it. Happened a few years ago. Then they went in the other direction, and stopped honoring Utah. IMO, they did this because too many non-residents from states MN didn't honor, would get a $56 / $15 renewal UT permit instead of the $100 / $100, and re-training every 5 yrs, that's required for a MN non-res permit. It's all about the money, as usual.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Get your drivers license updated anyway, especially if you buy guns from a FFL. It's surprising how many guys don't have and updated license or anything government issued with their current physical address. I often wind up telling them to go to the license counter and get a HIP certification with current address. At least it's free.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 2:25:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It will be $22 in total fees for renewal.   $12 for the actual license and $10 for the background check.   This is the same current fee for a replacement license should yours be lost or destroyed.    Apparently the Admin code has not been changed to reflect the drop from $13 to $10 for the background check.  

Jus 17.12  Fees.
(3) Replacement or renewal fee......for renewing a license pursuant to s. 175.60 (15) (b) 4. a., Stats., shall be $12.

Jus 17.12  Fees.
(1)  License fee. The license fee charged by the department pursuant to s. 175.60 (7) (c), Stats., shall be $30.
(2) Background check fee. The fee for any background check conducted by the department pursuant to s. Jus 17.04 (1) (f) or 17.07 (5) (b) shall be $13.
(3) Replacement or renewal fee. The fee charged by the department for replacing a lost or destroyed license pursuant to s. 175.60 (13), Stats., or for renewing a license pursuant to s. 175.60 (15) (b) 4. a., Stats., shall be $12.
History: CR 12-030: cr. Register May 2013 No. 689, eff. 6-1-13.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 2:27:31 AM EDT
[#12]
90 Days before November 1st you can look for a renewal form here if you are impatiently waiting for yours to come in the mail....   https://www.doj.state.wi.us/dles/cib/conceal-carry/ccw-forms
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

It will be $22 in total fees for renewal.   $12 for the actual license and $10 for the background check.   This is the same current fee for a replacement license should yours be lost or destroyed.    Apparently the Admin code has not been changed to reflect the drop from $13 to $10 for the background check.  

I thought that it was less than what it costs to get the license.  

Thanks for the information.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Jus 17.12  Fees.

(3) Replacement or renewal fee......for renewing a license pursuant to s. 175.60 (15) (b) 4. a., Stats., shall be $12.

Jus 17.12  Fees.

(1)  License fee. The license fee charged by the department pursuant to s. 175.60 (7) (c), Stats., shall be $30.

(2) Background check fee. The fee for any background check conducted by the department pursuant to s. Jus 17.04 (1) (f) or 17.07 (5) (b) shall be $13.

(3) Replacement or renewal fee. The fee charged by the department for replacing a lost or destroyed license pursuant to s. 175.60 (13), Stats., or for renewing a license pursuant to s. 175.60 (15) (b) 4. a., Stats., shall be $12.

History: CR 12-030: cr. Register May 2013 No. 689, eff. 6-1-13.

I thought that it was less than what it costs to get the license.  

Thanks for the information.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that it was really any state that did a similar background check through NICS.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top