Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Those are some funky looking screw heads. How did you get those out?
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]
It comes with a bit for the screws, a mini driver, spare spring and soft case.  The screws are copied from Microtech but I'm glad the knife has no fake markings or logos on it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:00:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Houston, We have click-clack!

Left to right:

Lightning, Titan, and firecracker.

Edges on the big knives are OK, firecracker is poor. Will have to see if I can get that sharp without wrecking it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which one is it? I'm browsing DHGate and can't find any over $100, except for one red splash-painted Microtech copy. The rest all look to be $33 or so.

Any indication the $130 one is better than the $33 ones?
View Quote

This is the one:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/high-quality-vespa-knife-microtech-black/268896823.html#ctabBox

Search DHgate or Aliexpress for 'vespa knife' and you'll find similar.  I found some youtube videos that made me decide to try this one.  I'm kind of lusting after the Halo copies now but that would be purely as a collectable since it would be a silly carry knife.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Just one guys opinion but anything over $90 could be made in the USA and be a quality auto.  Check out the selection from Piranha or Protech.  Both made in this country with quality steel and build construction.  If you want something that is $25 or $40, get whatever you want that puts a smile on your face.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#7]

As my Benchmade Serum is broke and sent back for warranty, I pulled the trigger on this Kershaw Launch 6.

I don't know if it will break BUT, I do know this knife locks up as tight as the BM, the action is as smooth as the BM, feels great in the hand and has an American Flag logo on it AT HALF THE COST!

I'm left handed and that is part of the reason I was attracted to the Serum but my concern of using a right hand push button turned out to be a non issue with the Launch 6. In fact, using the side of my index finger feels very natural.

Half the cost people
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 11:25:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

As my Benchmade Serum is broke and sent back for warranty, I pulled the trigger on this Kershaw Launch 6.

I don't know if it will break BUT, I do know this knife locks up as tight as the BM, the action is as smooth as the BM, feels great in the hand and has an American Flag logo on it AT HALF THE COST!

I'm left handed and that is part of the reason I was attracted to the Serum but my concern of using a right hand push button turned out to be a non issue with the Launch 6. In fact, using the side of my index finger feels very natural.

Half the cost people
View Quote

I'm a lefty too.  Thanks for the info, very relevant to my interests.  Probably will be my next purchase.

Link Posted: 3/18/2016 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I can't recommend the firecracker knife. Edge won't sharpen up. I think it's too soft, it just rolls over.
Link Posted: 3/18/2016 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I picked up a Boker Mini Kalashnikov for $35 shipped online. I was worried about it opening on its own, but even through all the crouching and getting on and off a forklift all day and banging into stuff (I'm clumsy, what can I say?), it hasn't opened, but it flicks open nicely when I hit the button. It came dull, but sharpened nicely. I had to order it the day after the law passed, just to have one.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 10:35:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I was looking to buy a lightning and they've disappeared from the bladehq website. What gives?
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was looking to buy a lightning and they've disappeared from the bladehq website. What gives?
View Quote

Probably shipped them all to WI.

Bladeplay still has a few choices, but they too are out of a bunch of models. Same price, $3.99 to ship, and they ship fairly quick.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 12:17:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Microtech ultratech top, fake china copy Microtech combat troodon bottom. Best $30 I spent.

Link Posted: 3/23/2016 10:24:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Bladeplay still has a few choices, but they too are out of a bunch of models. Same price, $3.99 to ship, and they ship fairly quick.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the tip. Ordered one last night.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#15]
click clack click clack click clack click clack click clack click clack click clack click clack click clack
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Someones late to the party...
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:15:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Someones late to the party...
View Quote

Just cheap. I've dealt with imported goods before. I waited until I could get my paws on them and pick out one that felt like it worked better than the rest, then haggled them down to $5 less than it was linked to in this thread.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Lost my Lightning OTF yesterday. :(

While I've got the other knife handy, the lightning was surprisingly comfortable and handy.

So I ordered another one, but this time from bladeplay, instead of that "other" company.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Boker Kalashnikov and a Ganzo G7211
While the Ganzo is on the heavy side it seems to be well made. I like it better than the Boker

I dig that Firecracker...me needs one of them
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 4:27:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:37:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Lost my Lightning OTF yesterday. :(

While I've got the other knife handy, the lightning was surprisingly comfortable and handy.

So I ordered another one, but this time from bladeplay, instead of that "other" company.
View Quote

ah what the heck man, how do you guys lose knives.  ah, shit happens.  good choice on reordering.

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top