User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 11:12:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's who I ordered from.

Maybe a lot of wisconsinites are ordering and they need another bulk order from china?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do NOT order from this place. 12 days since ordering, not even shipped yet. "In stock" my ass.

Maybe a lot of wisconsinites are ordering and they need another bulk order from china?

It must be like the early ccw permit application flood into the DOJ.  Or probably that site just sucking.  
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It must be like the early ccw permit application flood into the DOJ.  Or probably that site just sucking.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do NOT order from this place. 12 days since ordering, not even shipped yet. "In stock" my ass.

Yep, you & I  got screwed on that one... 6 weeks after mailing in app, on day one, ccw license finally showed up. I hope renewal in another 9 months is better.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe they just don't stock anything, and have to order in from someone else, what you order from them? And the "company" is actually someone sitting in their basement with a PC? Not unusual for e-commerce. Buyer beware.

Recap... I placed my order on the 16th, I got payment confirmation e-mail on 17th, was debited to my Visa on 18th. Today is the 29th, still no shipping confirmation. 13 calendar days, less 4 weekend days = 9 business days.... & counting. I'll let you know if/when it's shipped.

Meanwhile, thinking about ordering another from Blade Play.com., canceling the first order and asking Visa for a charge-back for non-fulfillment of order.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Maybe they just don't stock anything, and have to order in from someone else, what you order from them? And the "company" is actually someone sitting in their basement with a PC? Not unusual for e-commerce. Buyer beware.

Recap... I placed my order on the 16th, I got payment confirmation e-mail on 17th. Today is the 29th, still no shipping confirmation. 13 calendar days, less 4 weekend days = 9 business days.... & counting. I'll let you know if/when it's shipped.

Meanwhile, thinking about ordering another from Blade Play.com., canceling the first order and asking Visa for a charge-back for non-fulfillment of order.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Recap... I placed my order on the 16th, I got payment confirmation e-mail on 17th. Today is the 29th, still no shipping confirmation. 13 calendar days, less 4 weekend days = 9 business days.... & counting. I'll let you know if/when it's shipped.

I just ordered a second Titan OTF last night (2/28) from bladeplay.  I'll update once I get shipping tracking conf.

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 9:52:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I just ordered a second Titan OTF last night (2/28) from bladeplay.  I'll update once I get shipping tracking conf.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha ha, you'll probably get that 2nd one, before I get my 1st one.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 2:26:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, that's pretty crappy man :/   I got the ship notification this morning for it, so they are 2 for 2 so far. (ordered Sun, shipped Tues)

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah, that's pretty crappy man :/   I got the ship notification this morning for it, so they are 2 for 2 so far. (ordered Sun, shipped Tues)

View Quote

I just fired off an e-mail to lightningknives, asking what is the status of my 2 week old order?  If I don't hear from them within 24hrs, it's charge back time with Visa.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 12:42:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just fired off an e-mail to lightningknives, asking what is the status of my 2 week old order?  If I don't hear from them within 24hrs, it's charge back time with Visa.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't blame ya.   Id call them too and ask what's up......if they are a number.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 11:51:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1 for Bladeplay. ordered yesterday, shipped today. (click, clack)
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the race is on....

Ordered a Titan from LightningOTFKnives two weeks ago yesterday (tuesday, 2-16, at 10:55am). edit to add: Finally got an e-mail, today (wed - 3/2) at 2:23pm, saying it was shipped.

Ordered same exact knife from Blade Play, 20 minutes ago. (Wednesday, 3-2, at 11:30am). 2nd edit to add: shipping confirmation e-mail today (thurs - 3/3) at 1:15pm

Bets on which 'click-clack' gets here first?

Same knife was $9 more (with shipping cost included) from BladePlay, but shipped in 26 hrs after placing order, vs 15 days....
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I picked up a Titan last week at Family Shooting Academy on the east side. The lady said they were getting more in this week. They had a few Lightnings left when I was there on Friday. Seems like a solid knife for 35 bux.
View Quote

I got my Lightning there for $33.00. Serious fun.  They said they have had to reorder 3x already they are selling so fast.  Have a bunch of other brands coming as well.
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 11:54:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
And the race is on....

Ordered a Titan from LightningOTFKnives two weeks ago yesterday (tuesday, 2-16, at 10:55am). edit to add: Finally got an e-mail, today (wed - 3/2) at 2:23pm, saying it was shipped.

Ordered same exact knife from Blade Play, 20 minutes ago. (Wednesday, 3-2, at 11:30am). 2nd edit to add: shipping confirmation e-mail today (thurs - 3/3) at 1:15pm

Same knife was $9 more (with shipping cost included) from BladePlay, but shipped in 26 hrs after placing order, vs 15 days....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And the race is on....

Yeah a big delay difference.  For a first time buyer , they gave you a bad experience for sure.   I'll always give preference to a quick serving place with good customer service if it's just a few extra bucks.  Normally I go for the lowest price myself, but 2 weeks I'd never go back.  

Order arrived at local sorting facility so either Friday or Saturday.

I'll probably try a Lighting next time.   Let me know how you like the Titan, it should be worth the wait.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah a big delay difference.  For a first time buyer , they gave you a bad experience for sure.   I'll always give preference to a quick serving place with good customer service if it's just a few extra bucks.  Normally I go for the lowest price myself, but 2 weeks I'd never go back.  

I'll probably try a Lighting next time.   Let me know how you like the Titan, it should be worth the wait.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the race is on....

I sent an email after 2 weeks asking status of my order. That email was returned a day later and all it did was confirm my order was received, and exactly 1 minute later I received a 2nd email with the shipping confirmation & tracking number. Squeeky wheel got greased.

It looks like the first knife ordered will arrive Saturday, 2nd not until Monday or Tuesday. But I certainly would recommend Blade Play, even though the knife is $5 more and shipping is $4. They do have free shipping if you buy another $10 worth of stuff ($49+ gets you free ship).
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Sent a email asking to cancel my first order, and ordered 2 knives from bladeplay, the lightning OTF as before, and a Firecracker model for a "box cutter".

To to see if I get my money back, the knife sent, or if I'll have to dispute charge.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Disclamer: I only skimmed a few posts in this thread so don't know what all was covered and I don't know if this is that same thing as what you guys are looking at but I just ordered a Lightning OTF from a site called swordsswords.com. $25 shipped. I received a shipping notification 2 hours after i placed my order. I've never heard of this place and could very well have just lost $25 but the site looked good enough to me. A real live woman picked up the phone and answered a couple questions.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Disclamer: I only skimmed a few posts in this thread so don't know what all was covered and I don't know if this is that same thing as what you guys are looking at but I just ordered a Lightning OTF from a site called swordsswords.com. $25 shipped. I received a shipping notification 2 hours after i placed my order. I've never heard of this place and could very well have just lost $25 but the site looked good enough to me. A real live woman picked up the phone and answered a couple questions.
View Quote
That site sure has some weird shit on it.

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't like ninja stuff?
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:31:11 PM EDT
[#18]
well, well. lightningotfknives sent me a shipping notice.

I guess I'll be seeing which arrives first also.

And I will have 3 knives.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 12:39:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I don't blame ya.   Id call them too and ask what's up......if they are a number.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Order 2 came today from bladeplay.  USPS said Saturday the whole week but suddenly changed to Friday early this morning.   These things definitely are fun.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
  Order 2 came today from bladeplay.  USPS said Saturday the whole week but suddenly changed to Friday early this morning.   These things definitely are fun.  
View Quote

Tracking number on my first order says "out for delivery" at my local post office, 2nd is scheduled for Monday.

click-clack click-clack, begins by late afternoon when my mail gets here.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
click-clack click-clack, begins by late afternoon when my mail gets here.
View Quote

+ 1 at my house

Edit: 20 minutes later and my thumb hurts already ( click clack)
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#23]
click clack click clack click clack...

Impressed with the Titan for the price. Seems solid, more like thunk thunk than click clack.

It's bigger than I thought it'd be, and I don't know why, but I expected plastic handles. Instead, they're some sort of lightweight metal (non-magnetic). Locks up solid, double edged blade is very sharp. No worries about this opening accidentally. Button is large but takes some effort to push.

The pocket clip is on the end opposite the blade. All my folders have the clip on the blade end, so when taking it from my pocket, I find myself subconsciously flipping it 180 degrees in my hand before opening it... the way I've done it for decades.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 9:02:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm torn betwixt the Titan and the Lightning. I like that the Lightning's clip is offset.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I'm torn betwixt the Titan and the Lightning. I like that the Lightning's clip is offset.
View Quote

Yeah I was in a toss up between the two. Nice thing is at their price points, it's easier to "get both".

Link Posted: 3/5/2016 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

click clack click clack click clack...

Impressed with the Titan for the price. Seems solid, more like thunk thunk than click clack.

It's bigger than I thought it'd be, and I don't know why, but I expected plastic handles. Instead, they're some sort of lightweight metal (non-magnetic). Locks up solid, double edged blade is very sharp. No worries about this opening accidentally. Button is large but takes some effort to push.

The pocket clip is on the end opposite the blade. All my folders have the clip on the blade end, so when taking it from my pocket, I find myself subconsciously flipping it 180 degrees in my hand before opening it... the way I've done it for decades.
View Quote

Same here, exceed my expectations.  Good thunk-thunk on it.  Has a good weight to it and seems solid enough.  Lock up is good too like you said.  I haven't carried many knives or for very long so no "habits" to get over.  I'm a lefty but it's still easy to draw and do a quick flip to get my thump on the button quickly (from left pocket).  A little practice and it's second nature now.

Link Posted: 3/7/2016 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#27]
For these out the fronts, I wonder if it needs to be opened up now and then for some very light oil?  Mine has a small hex looking screw on it, looks like something I won't have in the ole toolbox.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

For these out the fronts, I wonder if it needs to be opened up now and then for some very light oil?  Mine has a small hex looking screw on it, looks like something I won't have in the ole toolbox.
View Quote
Those are usually torx screws.

Take down videos on Youtube indicate you probably don't need to lube them.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 6:30:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
...  Mine has a small hex looking screw on it, looks like something I won't have in the ole toolbox.
View Quote

It is indeed a torx. I've got a set of torx bits that goes from T-5 up through to T-30, I just checked to see what size fits... T-8.

FYI....The set of bits is from a mini-screwdriver set I bought at Menards for about $10.

2nd Titan came today... I'm now click-clacking with both hands simultaneously.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It is indeed a torx. I've got a set of torx bits that goes from T-5 up through to T-30, I just checked to see what size fits... T-8.

FYI....The set of bits is from a mini-screwdriver set I bought at Menards for about $10.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...  Mine has a small hex looking screw on it, looks like something I won't have in the ole toolbox.

Pics of dual wielding Knifes or it didn't happen....
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 9:47:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Pff dual wield.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2016 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#32]
How about a review of the titan blade quality when you get a chance. How is the edge, can it hold up to cutting, how well does it take to resharpening? I need the knife to be a functional tool as well.

No rush, sometime when your thumbs stop hurting.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 9:55:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do that today. One is in my pocket, the 2nd is in the cup holder out in my work van.

Posting pics here is a pain in the ass. I take the pic with my smartphone, e-mail it to my PC, download it into my photobucket account, and then finally I can post it here. Is there an easier method that I'm missing?
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:01:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Will do that today. One is in my pocket, the 2nd is in the cup holder out in my work van.

Posting pics here is a pain in the ass. I take the pic with my smartphone, e-mail it to my PC, download it into my photobucket account, and then finally I can post it here. Is there an easier method that I'm missing?
View Quote

I use the photo bucket app on my smart phone to upload and I think I have used it to grab the img link to post on here.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I use the photo bucket app on my smart phone to upload and I think I have used it to grab the img link to post on here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. Don't have the photobucket app on my phone. I'll look into that. My phone is a MotoX (Android)... Google Play?
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Thanks. Don't have the photobucket app on my phone. I'll look into that. My phone is a MotoX (Android)... Google Play?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My old flip phone (Motorola Razor) has a mini SD card, that I'd plug into my PC with a SD adaptor. I still have it, and it still works as a camera... I could do that too, if the battery is still charged up. That's how I did it before I got the smartphone... and it was much easier with my old PC, running XP (still have that too ). Now I've got Windows 8.1.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:21:15 AM EDT
[#37]
You can plug your phone into the computer with the USB and transfer pictures that way as well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 10:40:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
You can plug your phone into the computer with the USB and transfer pictures that way as well.
View Quote

I've never plugged my smart phone into my PC. Every time I try something "new" with a PC or a smart phone, it gets all fucked up. LOL. I'll stick to what I know how to do.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ordered Friday, received Monday. There is no chance of this thing opening in your pocket. I'm surprised by the amount of force required to open it. I think there might be two versions of this knife out there. I see three differences between my knife and pictures of others online. Mine has three screws holding the pocket clip rather than two, it is made in China rather than Taiwan, and it does not have "Lightning" engraved on the blade. I don't really care about the country of origin for a knife in this price range but I do appreciate that it isn't engraved and that it has one extra screw on the pocket clip.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 1:17:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I can't justify spending the amount of money on a knife that can buy an inexpensive budget brand handgun.
Even as a novelty item, would you rather pay a $100 for a novelty switchblade? Or $100 for a cheap .22 derringer
I personally chose the derringer
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't hold a knife in each hand AND use the camera at the same time. Will this do?   <left> Click Clack <left> ... <right> Click Clack <right>  

(included my EDC Kahr CM9 for some size perspective).

Or... how's this... both Titans in left hand, camera in right.

Link Posted: 3/8/2016 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I can't hold a knife in each hand AND use the camera at the same time. Will this do?   <left> Click Clack <left> ... <right> Click Clack <right>  

<a href="http://s890.photobucket.com/user/safcrkr/media/holsters/IMG_20160308_112928880_zpsm6ngw41s.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac102/safcrkr/holsters/IMG_20160308_112928880_zpsm6ngw41s.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s890.photobucket.com/user/safcrkr/media/holsters/IMG_20160308_115521372_zpscs4xmxap.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac102/safcrkr/holsters/IMG_20160308_115521372_zpscs4xmxap.jpg</a>

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s890.photobucket.com/user/safcrkr/media/holsters/IMG_20160308_112928880_zpsm6ngw41s.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac102/safcrkr/holsters/IMG_20160308_112928880_zpsm6ngw41s.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s890.photobucket.com/user/safcrkr/media/holsters/IMG_20160308_115521372_zpscs4xmxap.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/ac102/safcrkr/holsters/IMG_20160308_115521372_zpscs4xmxap.jpg</a>

Excellent, you pass the test...
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I've never plugged my smart phone into my PC. Every time I try something "new" with a PC or a smart phone, it gets all fucked up. LOL. I'll stick to what I know how to do.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I know the feeling. That's just how I do it. It recognizes your phone and asks if you want to download the pictures. All there is to it. Whatever works.

(I like the twin knives and the Kahr.)
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 2:41:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Is there a reasonable quality OTF with a 1.5" blade?

I'll define "reasonable quality" at Chinese made Kershaw level.
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote
Search for "mini otf" on Google turns up a few very small ones.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 9:19:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mini Infidel?
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Damn...

When I ordered my OTF, I signed up for Blade Play's news letter. This is going to get expensive.

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 12:00:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Both of my orders are out for delivery.

Took 3 weeks of waiting and a letter telling them to cancel my order before lightningotfknives shipped, and bladeplay shipped my order a couple of days after I placed the order.

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 12:50:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Both of my orders are out for delivery.

Took 3 weeks of waiting and a letter telling them to cancel my order before lightningotfknives shipped, and bladeplay shipped my order a couple of days after I placed the order.

View Quote

What have we learned? Bladeplay and BladeHQ are the places to buy.

FYI ... Blade HQ has the Lightning, but not the Titan. Bladeplay has both.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 12:57:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Got my Troodon copy from China this week through dhgate.com. Fit and finish are outstanding. A really nice piece.  But it showed up with two problems.  First the thing makes an awful sproing noise when opened or closed.  I had read that any of the OTFs can have this and to fix it you add a bit of grease to the center of the spring.  Had a chance to open it up today and sure enough, adding a dab of grease on the center of the spring got rid of the noise. Second problem was that the retract function was very hard.  Hard enough that I could barely do it with one hand. Extend was fine (similar to the Lightning).  I found a small step on the mechanism where it trips on the retract side.  Odd since everything else was machined and finished beautifully inside and out.  I filed the step out (mostly) and polished the area a bit while I was there and now it's fine in both directions. $130 is quite a bit for a Chinese knife but I really like it now that I got the bugs worked out.

" />

" />

" />

" />
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top