Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a Titan OTF inbound... You Fuckers.... For $35 bucks I'll play with one.... Seems like their  made fairly well and in Taiwan.
Going to drive everyone crazy when it gets here...

We'll have to turn this into a picture thread...
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got a Titan OTF inbound... You Fuckers.... For $35 bucks I'll play with one.... Seems like their  made fairly well and in Taiwan.

View Quote

Here's a crappy photo of my burgeoning collection.  FWIW I do not like the Gerber at all.  Decent enough knife but it has opened in my pocket too many times.  Piss poor safety.  The Lightning doesn't need a safety I doubt any DA does given how they work, and the gold SA has a slider that has never turned off in my pocket but is still easier to activate purposefully than the Gerbers button safety.

Link Posted: 2/17/2016 1:51:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bought one too. I thought it was decent at first... but after getting my troodon clone, the troodon clone felt like a tank while the titan felt like a little hyundai.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:43:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Didn't know there were so many knife Fudds on here..
View Quote

Knife Fudds.......I had switch blades before you were in diapers.  I probably have scars older then you.  Unless you are older then 52, then my facts are wrong!

Everybody should own them, they are cool.  I am just saying after you remake the fight scene between the Jets and the Sharks a couple dozen times, they may get left on the dresser, in the knife drawer, or with your collection for other options.  They are just not magic, but you life long law abiding Badgers have pent up demand.  The fact the govt does not like them is reason enough to own them.

I do think it would be good to continue to hear which ones are crap and which are good.  Hopefully they will sell rebuild kits for them.  If you can get spare springs now, buy them now.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess all my "grey area" knives are now at least ok'd on the state level.  As the former police chief here told me, though, "They're all legal, until you have one on you in the act of committing a crime.".

The spring assisted Kershaws / ZTs were all grey area, because they fell in the interpretation of the laws.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Knife Fudds.......I had switch blades before you were in diapers.  I probably have scars older then you.  Unless you are older then 52, then my facts are wrong!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, I readily admit to being a knife "fudd". And if you're 52 (I know you are), I have a scar older than you!

Right on the crown of my head, dead center. I was 10, my sister was 8. We were at our grandparents' house at Thanksgiving, and we got in a fight over a candy bar, and my sis whacked me on top of my noggin with the fireplace's ash shovel. Got in a good swing, and got me with the sharp edge. My great uncle (grandma's brother) was there at the time also, and he was the family doctor, he worked in the E.R. at the local hospital. He stitched me up in grandma's kitchen, took like 5 or 6 stitches to close the wound. I think the stitching hurt worse than the whack on the head, he had a suture kit in his car, but nothing to numb it.... I sat with an ice bag on my head for 20 minutes first, it still hurt.  And what hurt even more was the whole damn family laughing their asses off at me, he had to shave a spot on my head, even though I had a crew cut it still showed. That was in 1960, scar is still there.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am just saying after you remake the fight scene between the Jets and the Sharks a couple dozen times, they may get left on the dresser, in the knife drawer, or with your collection for other options.  
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 5:40:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Still doing it. Hasn't gotten old yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack...

Keep us Updated... We want to know when it gets old... It's Like how many licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll....Mine delivered today, but I'm in Atlanta on Business and not back until tomorrow....
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Keep us Updated... We want to know when it gets old... It's Like how many licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll....Mine delivered today, but I'm in Atlanta on Business and not back until tomorrow....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack... click-clack...

It doesn't.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 1:07:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It doesn't.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't.  

Well, the switch/spring on my microtech ultratech is stiff as hell... my thumbs were sore the next day and I had to resort to using 2 hands to open it for a while. There's no way in hell this thing is deploying on accident in my pocket.. lol
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:09:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Everybody should own them, they are cool.  I am just saying after you remake the fight scene between the Jets and the Sharks a couple dozen times, they may get left on the dresser, in the knife drawer, or with your collection for other options.  They are just not magic, but you life long law abiding Badgers have pent up demand.  The fact the govt does not like them is reason enough to own them.

I do think it would be good to continue to hear which ones are crap and which are good.  Hopefully they will sell rebuild kits for them.  If you can get spare springs now, buy them now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was in Vietnam before you were in kindergarten and had me a Mexican switchblade a buddy picked up for me in Nuevo Laredo....
When I was a kid you could get them at the county fair....
The one thing I like about his new law is carrying any knife in my pocket I want or a sheath knife with my coat covering it and not getting busted for a long concealed blade.

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 10:58:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Fuck. ordered one of the $35 dual edge blades.

It was the "Click-Clack" post that pushed me over the edge...I can see myself doing that all day.

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
lol

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Got my Ultratech today and a Lightning on the way.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 7:11:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Did the dual edge get legalised as well?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 7:19:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Section 1. 66.0409 (title) of the statutes is amended to read:
266.0409 (title) Local regulation of firearms weapons.
3Section 2. 66.0409 (2) of the statutes is amended to read:
4 66.0409 (2) Except as provided in subs. (3) and (4), no political subdivision may
5enact or enforce an ordinance or adopt a resolution that regulates the sale, purchase,
6purchase delay, transfer, ownership, use, keeping, possession, bearing,
7transportation, licensing, permitting, registration, or taxation of any knife or any
8firearm or part of a firearm, including ammunition and reloader components, unless
9the ordinance or resolution is the same as or similar to, and no more stringent than,
10a state statute.
11Section 3. 66.0409 (3) (a) of the statutes is amended to read:
12 66.0409 (3) (a) Nothing in this section prohibits a county from imposing a sales
13tax or use tax under subch. V of ch. 77 on any knife or any firearm or part of a firearm,
14including ammunition and reloader components, sold in the county.
15Section 4. 66.0409 (6) of the statutes is amended to read:
16 66.0409 (6) Unless other facts and circumstances that indicate a criminal or
17malicious intent on the part of the person apply, no person may be in violation of, or
18be charged with a violation of, an ordinance of a political subdivision relating to
19disorderly conduct or other inappropriate behavior for loading, a firearm, or for
20carrying, or going armed with a firearm or a knife, without regard to whether the
1firearm is loaded or the firearm or the knife is concealed or openly carried. Any
2ordinance in violation of this subsection does not apply and may not be enforced.
3Section 5. 175.60 (1) (j) of the statutes is amended to read:
4 175.60 (1) (j) "Weapon" means a handgun, an electric weapon, as defined in s.
5941.295 (1c) (a), a knife other than a switchblade knife under s. 941.24, or a billy club.
6Section 6. 938.78 (3) of the statutes is amended to read:
7 938.78 (3) Release of information when escape or absence; rules. If a juvenile
8adjudged delinquent under s. 48.12, 1993 stats., or s. 938.12 or found to be in need
9of protection or services under s. 48.13 (12), 1993 stats., or s. 48.13 (14), 1993 stats.,
10or s. 938.13 (12) or (14) on the basis of a violation of s. 943.23 (1m) or (1r), 1999 stats.,
11or s. 941.10, 941.11, 941.20, 941.21, 941.23, 941.231, 941.235, 941.237, 941.24,
12941.26, 941.28, 941.295, 941.298, 941.30, 941.31, 941.32, 941.325, 943.02, 943.03,
13943.04, 943.10 (2) (a), 943.23 (1g), 943.32 (2), 948.02, 948.025, 948.03, 948.05,
14948.055, 948.085 (2), 948.60, 948.605, or 948.61 or any crime specified in ch. 940 has
15escaped from a juvenile correctional facility, residential care center for children and
16youth, inpatient facility, as defined in s. 51.01 (10), juvenile detention facility, or
17juvenile portion of a county jail, or from the custody of a peace officer or a guard of
18such a facility, center, or jail, or has been allowed to leave a juvenile correctional
19facility, residential care center for children and youth, inpatient facility, juvenile
20detention facility, or juvenile portion of a county jail for a specified time period and
21is absent from the facility, center, home, or jail for more than 12 hours after the
22expiration of the specified period, the department or county department having
23supervision over the juvenile may release the juvenile's name and any information
24about the juvenile that is necessary for the protection of the public or to secure the
25juvenile's return to the facility, center, home, or jail. The department shall
1promulgate rules establishing guidelines for the release of the juvenile's name or
2information about the juvenile to the public.
3Section 7. 939.632 (1) (e) 3. of the statutes is amended to read:
4 939.632 (1) (e) 3. Any misdemeanor under s. 940.19 (1), 940.225 (3m), 940.32
5(2), 940.42, 940.44, 941.20 (1), 941.23, 941.231, 941.235, 941.24 or 941.38 (3).
6Section 8. 941.23 (1) (ap) of the statutes is created to read:
7 941.23 (1) (ap) Notwithstanding s. 939.22 (10), "dangerous weapon" does not
8include a knife.
9Section 9. 941.231 of the statutes is created to read:
10941.231 Carrying a concealed knife. Any person who is prohibited from
11possessing a firearm under s. 941.29 who goes armed with a concealed knife that is
12a dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
13Section 10. 941.24 of the statutes is repealed.
14Section 11. 947.01 (2) of the statutes is amended to read:
15 947.01 (2) Unless other facts and circumstances that indicate a criminal or
16malicious intent on the part of the person apply, a person is not in violation of, and
17may not be charged with a violation of, this section for loading, a firearm, or for
18carrying, or going armed with a firearm or a knife, without regard to whether the
19firearm is loaded or the firearm or the knife is concealed or openly carried.
20Section 12. 968.255 (1) (a) 2. of the statutes is amended to read:
21 968.255 (1) (a) 2. A person arrested for any misdemeanor under s. 167.30 (1),
22940.19, 941.20 (1), 941.23, 941.231, 941.237, 941.24, 948.60, or 948.61.
23 (End)
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#20]
" />

" />

My new toy

click...clack...click...clack,,,
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Now that looks pretty nice.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Right is the Piranha P1 Pocket which I am really liking as an EDC.   Very light and small enough to disappear in a pocket.  Very usable 3" blade length and a nice action.  Only downside is the pocket clip is not reversible - but I'm not using it anyway.  About $100.

Center is a SOG Elite II auto that is more my weekend knife.  Bigger than the Piranha but still has nicely shaped grip that is easy to carry.  Very solid and fast action.  $120 at BladeHQ.

Left is my click - clack Lightning.  It's a little rough around the edges but oh so fun.  It will open many packages and annoy the wife.

I have a so called 'high end' chinese clone of a Troodon on the way from Vespa knives.  We'll see how that is.  And now I kinda have the urge to get a decent Italian style or the classic 'gangster' switchblade.

I also found this playlist of movie scenes that feature switchblades: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL246E7684562DF7C8

Fun to watch and interesting to see how Hollywood has pretty much associated switchblades with bad guys as a default.  Almost like old westerns where a black hat was always the bad guy.

Link Posted: 2/21/2016 12:15:49 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Lol!

Should turn that into a GIF.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

damnit, I was holding off the urge but this is putting me over the edge now.

ETA:  And now it's ordered.  Thanks a lot.  

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:58:14 AM EDT
[#25]
How quick did you guys get your knives from Lighting OTF?  I ordered on the 15th and it still hasn't shipped.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 9:26:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How quick did you guys get your knives from Lighting OTF?  I ordered on the 15th and it stall hasn't shipped.

Thanks
View Quote

Same here... ordered a Titan on the 16th from http://www.lightningotfknives.com/. Got order confirmation e-mail within minutes, then payment confirmation e-mail on 17th.... but nothing since. It's now the 24th. Not happy.

edit: Free shipping means cheapest (and slowest) method, USPS, so not surprised it hasn't gotten here yet.... but it should've at least been shipped by now. I checked credit card account on-line (Cabelas Club Visa)... the $34.94 was charged to my account on the 18th.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Same here... ordered on the 16th. Got order confirmation e-mail, then payment confirmation e-mail, on 17th.... nothing since. Now the 24th. Not happy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How quick did you guys get your knives from Lighting OTF?  I ordered on the 15th and it stall hasn't shipped.

Thanks

Same here... ordered on the 16th. Got order confirmation e-mail, then payment confirmation e-mail, on 17th.... nothing since. Now the 24th. Not happy.
I made a BladeHQ order on Saturday. They are closed on weekends, but shipped my order at about 8 AM on Monday.

A couple bucks more per item, and free shipping over 99 (not at 30 or whatever).
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I made a BladeHQ order on Saturday. They are closed on weekends, but shipped my order at about 8 AM on Monday.  

A couple bucks more per item, and free shipping over 99 (not at 30 or whatever).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

I looked at BladeHq site too. But, because I have big hands, I wanted the Titan because it has a thicker handle with non-slip inserts, and BladeHq doesn't carry Titan. Ordered  this one.

FWIW, when searching "Blade Hq" on Google Chrome browser, I'd get this message - "This webpage is not available". Clicking on "Details" gave me this - "A secure connection cannot be established because this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite. This is likely to be caused when the server needs RC4, which is no longer considered secure". The only way I could access it was using the direct link given in this thread. I tried another browser (Internet Explorer) got same results.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Now the junkies are bitching for their click-clack crack fix!

I was hoping this thread would evolve into a knife scar pic thread too.  Like the scene in Jaws.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Now the junkies are bitching for their click-clack crack fix!

I was hoping this thread would evolve into a knife scar pic thread too.  Like the scene in Jaws.
View Quote

Not so much a "fix" for click-clack crack... just the fear of getting ripped off. I've learned that once you get to the 5 day mark and your "in stock" ordered wasn't shipped yet, there's been a fuck up and it's not coming until you start bitching.

I've got lots of sharp objects to play with... I'm a tomahawk junkie. Wanna see my SOGs?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I looked at BladeHq site too. But, because I have big hands, I wanted the Titan because it has a thicker handle with non-slip inserts, and BladeHq doesn't carry Titan. Ordered  this one.

FWIW, when searching "Blade Hq" on Google Chrome browser, I'd get this message - "This webpage is not available". Clicking on "Details" gave me this - "A secure connection cannot be established because this site uses an unsupported protocol or cipher suite. This is likely to be caused when the server needs RC4, which is no longer considered secure". The only way I could access it was using the direct link given in this thread. I tried another browser (Internet Explorer) got same results.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

I opted for the Titan myself and found "Blade Play" carried them.  Ordered Sunday night, and got a ship confirmation email for USPS monday afternoon, so pretty quick turn around there, for future reference.  Looks like they ship out of Utah.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I opted for the Titan myself and found "Blade Play" carried them.  Ordered Sunday night, and got a ship confirmation email for USPS monday afternoon, so pretty quick turn around there, for future reference.  Looks like they ship out of Utah.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

I just read the FAQ where I ordered... says it normally takes 5-7 'business days' after order is placed / payment authorized, and product ships. Today's only day 5.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

I am an IT nerd and mess with web servers and web sites for a living, including dealing with digital certificates.

Google Chrome is pushing an agenda unrelated to the actual security of sites, it cries wolf sometimes when there is nothing to worry about.  Also, I am not seeing that certificate in use on their site.

Do you see the same results with this link to the sign-in?

https://www.bladehq.com/index.php?view=my_account

There is a valid EVSSL certificate with modern encryption in use there.

You may have a proxy interfering with the site (they do skim the edge of legality... like any site that sells these things) maybe it's a filter you are seeing.

Also, this is why I use a credit card for this stuff. Charge backs for failed to deliver and dump and get a different one if it gets compromised.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Not so much a "fix" for click-clack crack... just the fear of getting ripped off. I've learned that once you get to the 5 day mark and your "in stock" ordered wasn't shipped yet, there's been a fuck up and it's not coming until you start bitching.

That is exactly my thoughts, it should have shipped already.

ETA, I just called and they are still 3-5 days away from shipping orders from 15th and 16th.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I am an IT nerd and mess with web servers and web sites for a living, including dealing with digital certificates.  
Google Chrome is pushing an agenda unrelated to the actual security of sites, it cries wolf sometimes when there is nothing to worry about.  Also, I am not seeing that certificate in use on their site.

You may have a proxy interfering with the site (they do skim the edge of legality... like any site that sells these things) maybe it's a filter you are seeing.

Also, this is why I use a credit card for this stuff. Charge backs for failed to deliver and dump and get a different one if it gets compromised.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

I know very little IT "stuff". Yes that link works, but it now works on a simple Google search too. Earlier today it didn't (I cut & pasted what was on my screen in my post a few hours ago), nor did it work last week when I tried, it was same message. Not a clue what's up. I did do a re-start on my PC and then it worked... maybe it's something on my end.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

ETA, I just called and they are still 3-5 days away from shipping orders from 15th and 16th.
View Quote

OK... so it looks like another week or two before delivery, at a minimum.  

Fuck that 2-3 week wait shit, now we know where NOT to order from, if we want another one.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Hmmmm, think I will dig out one of mine, get me some carpal knife thumb going!
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#38]
I just ordered a Kershaw Launch 6 for EDC and a Launch 4 for formal occasions.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Hmmmm, think I will dig out one of mine, get me some carpal knife thumb going!
View Quote

I got out my Gladius replica today and cut up the frozen Halloween pumpkin that started to stick up through the snow after last weekends thaw. I threw it back in the woods before deer season, then it snowed. LOL

FYI, most all of us old knife fudds have gladiator swords. Didn't want to use my Katana and get it all wet & yucky.

$26, from a Bob & Rocco gun show last year. For zombies, mostly.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I just ordered a Kershaw Launch 6 for EDC and a Launch 4 for formal occasions.
View Quote

Interested to hear what you think.  I've been considering a Launch, as well, since I've had such good experiences with almost all of my Kershaw / ZT blades.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#41]
I picked up a Titan last week at Family Shooting Academy on the east side. The lady said they were getting more in this week. They had a few Lightnings left when I was there on Friday. Seems like a solid knife for 35 bux.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#42]
[click-clack] [click-clack] [click-clack] [click-clack] [click-clack] [click-clack] [click-clack] [click-clack] [click-clack] [click-clack] [click-clack] [click-clack]

I also got a [THUNK!] knife in the form of a Kershaw Launch 1. Its fit and finish is outstanding. A bit bigger than I thought it would be too.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#43]
damnit, just when I was ready for some Friday night click-clacks:

"The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item arrived at our USPS destination facility"
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Aaaaaaaaaaand.......... it's broke

Benchmade Serum Satin/plain

Side folding automatic, just stopped Locking closed.

And if you read benchmade warranty page it makes it sound like they don't want individuals sending back autos

I'm sending mine back anyway, they are legal here and they are legal at benchmade's location so screw it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

"The package is delayed and will not be delivered by the expected delivery date. An updated delivery date will be provided when available. Your item arrived at our USPS destination facility"
View Quote
And we have click clack.  Titan dagger otf.   No bad quality for the price and decent lock up.   No rattling either.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Aaaaaaaaaaand.......... it's broke

Benchmade Serum Satin/plain

Side folding automatic, just stopped Locking closed.

And if you read benchmade warranty page it makes it sound like they don't want individuals sending back autos

I'm sending mine back anyway, they are legal here and they are legal at benchmade's location so screw it.
View Quote
Ah man that sucks.  Yeah, states that have preemption should be on a ship list.  They don't have to worry about diff locality laws here in WI.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Do NOT order from this place. 12 days since ordering, not even shipped yet. "In stock" my ass.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#48]
I can finally get my Benchmade Infidel repaired. Got two in Afghanistan the first time, lost one in the hills on the AZ border and the second ones spring has worn out.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 11:56:00 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

And we have click clack.  Titan dagger otf.   No bad quality for the price and decent lock up.   No rattling either.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wife saw mine work during click clack testing.  Was relevant to her interests. "I can carry that now???"   "Yup".   "Ok order me one too".
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Do NOT order from this place. 12 days since ordering, not even shipped yet. "In stock" my ass.
View Quote

That's who I ordered from.

Maybe a lot of wisconsinites are ordering and they need another bulk order from china?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top