User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When did DePere, Green Bay, and Manitowoc become part of the Fox Valley....
View Quote

Water runs downhill and Green Bay is a lot deeper into the valley than Appleton is.
I do agree that I generally refer to the Appleton area when I say "the Valley"
I just think it is funny that a lot of people don't know which way the Fox River flows
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 12:33:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Appleton
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Green Bay checking IN
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 5:08:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in Neenah here. So who would want to get together in a quarry in Denmark for a shoot one day? I have access...
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm in Neenah here. So who would want to get together in a quarry in Denmark for a shoot one day? I have access...
View Quote

Pick me! Pick me!
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Copenhagen? or the closer one?
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Appleton.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#9]
The closer one... Even though the farther one is nice as well. But I have access to a rather large quarry where we can shoot. The number of people would be somewhat limited as I still have to keep the neighbors happy, but we can hang out all day. We could shoot anywhere from point blank out to about 350 and maybe further depending on where the piles of rock are, but I could always move a little if there happens to be a loader there.... We would just have to pick a date and run with it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
That's what I was wondering... I guess if Manitowoc counts then Pulaski does too?

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 8:01:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That's what I was wondering... I guess if Manitowoc counts then Pulaski does too?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There like a bunch of 2nd Lts. none of them can read a map....
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 12:54:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I can read a map. You are in Illinois? Fox Valley
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#13]
SO is it OK to tag this if I grew up in NEENAH, but headed out West.  Make it back about once a year to visit the folks and some friends.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
SO is it OK to tag this if I grew up in NEENAH, but headed out West.  Make it back about once a year to visit the folks and some friends.
View Quote

Yes...Yes it is OK...
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 12:49:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Twin City West of Neenah is a good spot. Bigger bar, a lot of lanes.
Steel out at 300 yds IIRC.
Kaukauna is at the bottom of a big hill....too hard for me to walk up and down.
Lots of Appleton area folks here it seems.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 6:06:12 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm a member at twin cities rod and gun club.
I want to stick with shooting Uspsa this year, and for practice shooting a pistol fast twin cities doesn't accommodate allowing firing more than one shot in 5 seconds or so.

Otherwise it's really nice, great for slow rifle shooters.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 7:51:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm a member at twin cities rod and gun club.
I want to stick with shooting Uspsa this year, and for practice shooting a pistol fast twin cities doesn't accommodate allowing firing more than one shot in 5 seconds or so.

Otherwise it's really nice, great for slow rifle shooters.
View Quote

I've been booted twice for shooting too fast.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Twin city sucks ..Fudd range...Good for sighting in a rifle...And they have a reduced course Service Rifle match every third Sunday of the month.

I let my member go there years ago and never looked back. I shoot the Service rifle course now and then for fun Open to public and cost 5 bucks,
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I go to Twin City. Its the better Fudd range in the area and I can't argue with $35/year no strings attached membership.

I went up to Shiocton a handful of times a few years ago, but it seemed every other time I went there to shoot the pistol range was closed for police training. I even called ahead of time once to check to see if it was open and was told yes, an hour later I showed up and it was closed for training again. That was the last time I bothered driving up there.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Twin City is garbage. Got booted for rapid fire for only leaving seconds in between shots. Range wardens seem to have a big chip on their shoulders and always want to give their 2 cents. Neighbor has land in Black Creek so we go there now. If I feel the need to go to the range, I go to Down Range in Kaukauna. Its expensive but a nice place to shoot.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top