Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2016 11:14:43 PM EDT
Coming from downstate IL to mid-state WI.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

I see from that website you guys honor the Kommunist State's CCL.  Anything I need to know that's important?  I carry a Para P-12.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:19:04 AM EDT
[#1]
MId-State like the Dells?

Driving north-south in IL is hell, I've done that trip many times. If it is the Dells area be aware there are couple indian reservations dotted in there, which can be legally messy.

You are not legally required to inform a cop but I'm told it's a nice courtesy if you get pulled over.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:50:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Driving north-south in IL is hell, I've done that trip many times. If it is the Dells area be aware there are couple indian reservations dotted in there, which can be legally messy.

You are not legally required to inform a cop but I'm told it's a nice courtesy if you get pulled over.
View Quote

Headed to Racine, WI to buy a piece of equipment, load it, and head south.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:34:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Ever been to Chicago? If so, Racine will look familiar.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  Us Southern Illinoisians are smart enough to stay south.  Besides, Chitcago/Chiraq has a shitty baseball team.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Take two guns and backup.

Racine is not mid state.  Sure you know where you are going?  It's between Chiraq and Milwaukee along the lake.  Mid state is Stevens Point, Dells, etc.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s583/jafiwam/welcometoracine_zpsuuo8wm8s.jpg

Racine is not mid state.  Sure you know where you are going?  It's between Chiraq and Milwaukee along the lake.  Mid state is Stevens Point, Dells, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s583/jafiwam/welcometoracine_zpsuuo8wm8s.jpg

Well, I have Google so I dont have to ask for directions and have my hubcaps stolen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwBoa-NbNL8
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:53:07 PM EDT
[#8]

I have family in the Milwaukee area and would say they were going up North when they went to Richland Center (between Madison and La Crosse). It's like people forget that there's anything above Madison.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have family in the Milwaukee area and would say they were going up North when they went to Richland Center (between Madison and La Crosse). It's like people forget that there's anything above Madison.

View Quote

I live in Vilas County, and going "up north" to me is going to the U.P.

Going "down south" would be a trip to Fleet Farm.... in Antigo.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:17:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I just moved up north to Mequon.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:03:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, after a 12+ hour journey, finally home with my new (to me) South Bend 9A lathe.  Can't wait to get a table fabricated and get her all dialed in.

*ETA*  Chitcago can lick my ass, especially the drivers up there.  How the hell there was so much traffic on a Saturday is unbelievable.  Speed limit signs mean nothing up there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top