Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2015 8:35:57 PM EDT
Went In to my local gun shop tonight and my buddy says "hey what's up with your nephew he got denied a handgun?"
I said who knows? Then I got to thinking what are all the reasons for getting denied in wi for a handgun? Only reason I know of is a felony. I looked up my nephew on circuit court and there was only some minor traffic violations.
  I'm wondering if he got in trouble and it's not posted yet?   Either way I'll see him this weekend and get it out of him just thought id Ask you guys.
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 8:48:47 PM EDT
[#1]
All the reasons are listed on the 4473 in the section that you have to answer yes or no to.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#2]
If I buy a gun on Monday or Tuesday I will be put on a hold.   Very common name and a bad relative was looking to buy guns in my name 25 yrs ago.  I now buy late in the week .  I found out there were 28 people born on my birth date with my exact name nation wide.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 1:36:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Felony, and misdemeanor domestic abuse. same name as someone with a bad record, same address as someone with a record, etc.

Using your SS or having a UPIN helps.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:09:10 AM EDT
[#4]
syrian refugee?
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 7:15:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Felony, and misdemeanor domestic abuse. same name as someone with a bad record, same address as someone with a record, etc.

Using your SS or having a UPIN helps.
View Quote

+1

My problem with the SSN is a personal issue in the past where 4473s were stolen with all my info on it including SSN. That is why I don't use it unless I have to.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#6]
That dealer should keep his mouth shut.

who is he? so I know not to go there.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top