Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2015 7:15:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty big level of STUPID trying to pass a cop with the red and blues ON (and illegal to boot).
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like they deserve to be street stains.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#3]
All idiots.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#4]
After seeing multiple video's of the testosterone impaired endangering the general public with such shenanigans, I'm in favor of making the max displacement that is street legal at 300cc. Oh, before the panties get twisted about 'hating freedom', there are a lot of regs already on what can be driven on the "king's highway". If you want a 1200cc bike, great, buy one, you won't have to worry with license or plates or safety inspection requirements. Shit is just out of control and there isn't an amendment in the BoR about a right to act an ass on the road.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:29:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After seeing multiple video's of the testosterone impaired endangering the general public with such shenanigans, I'm in favor of making the max displacement that is street legal at 300cc. Oh, before the panties get twisted about 'hating freedom', there are a lot of regs already on what can be driven on the "king's highway". If you want a 1200cc bike, great, buy one, you won't have to worry with license or plates or safety inspection requirements. Shit is just out of control and there isn't an amendment in the BoR about a right to act an ass on the road.
View Quote

Congrats on the most retarded fucking post of the week....on the entire internet. And congrats on <Removed - T7> . You might want to find another country that is more in step with your ideals.

But anyhow, the video looked like another episode of "When Assholes Collide". The cop was being a douche, and so were the bikers.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:50:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Congrats on the most retarded fucking post of the week....on the entire internet. And congrats on And congrats on <Removed - T7> . You might want to find another country that is more in step with your ideals.

But anyhow, the video looked like another episode of "When Assholes Collide". The cop was being a douche, and so were the bikers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congrats on the most retarded fucking post of the week....on the entire internet. And congrats on And congrats on <Removed - T7> . You might want to find another country that is more in step with your ideals.

I wouldn't expect such statist ass-hattery from a Texan.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 8:28:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

What?  Why wouldn't I have to worry about license plates if I had a 1200cc bike?  So DamageInc308......can you articulate why you think the cop was being a "douche"?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:03:51 AM EDT
[#8]
A right cannot exist where the means to that right must be provided by a second/third party; therefore, there can be no right to operate motor vehicles on public roadways.

So the idea of rules for maximum displacement, etc., has good standing from a legal perspective in this country.

THAT SAID...

...the better way to deal with this is speed limits, reckless driving laws, etc.  E.g., shit we already have.  Thugs antagonizing a police officer running code are likely fulfilling ability, opportunity, and intent.  At what point does that group cease being antagonistic and start being a lethal threat that is not allowing you to flee?  I think this was likely a justified use of lethal force by that officer.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 3:20:00 PM EDT
[#9]
The big black guy at the end of the video should have been pepper sprayed or tazed for getting in the cops face like that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Reportedly, ~15 minutes before that incident they were advised not to be dumbasses.  Apparently this friendly advice was ignored and some of them proceeded to drive down the sidewalk, etc  when leaving this area.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QfWXhyOtZ0
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#12]
There were reportedly "Dozens" of 911 calls regarding the motorcycle rider conduct prior to the Police intervention...  http://fox6now.com/2015/08/12/theres-tons-of-motorcycles-911-calls-taken-prior-to-collision-between-bike-mpd-squad-car-released/
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, cuz that'll go over great in the city where Harley muther f'n Davidson's are made.

Maybe you should only be able to buy firearms in .22. Maybe you should only be able to buy 4 bangers that go 0-60 in 15 seconds with a top speed of 70 so there's no way you can go over the speed limit.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:24:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seems pretty similar to the "open carry tards" logic.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:27:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What?  Why wouldn't I have to worry about license plates if I had a 1200cc bike?  So DamageInc308......can you articulate why you think the cop was being a "douche"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looked like the cop actually wanted to run the bikers off the road, with the way he was swerving back and forth. If they were refusing to stop, then he should have waited for more units, not try to run them off the road for traffic violations. But some of those huge groups certainly do present a threat to public safety. I'm fine with the cops cracking down on them, but do it right.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It looked like the cop actually wanted to run the bikers off the road, with the way he was swerving back and forth. If they were refusing to stop, then he should have waited for more units, not try to run them off the road for traffic violations. But some of those huge groups certainly do present a threat to public safety. I'm fine with the cops cracking down on them, but do it right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The swerving you were observing was called a "rolling road block".   I would guess that you may have learned in drivers education that passing an emergency vehicle with its lights on is illegal. Combine the marked cruiser with it's emergency lights on with it moving across all lanes pretty much says don't fucking pass me. Also the cop never swerved into the bike. The cruiser was stationary in the lane when the idiots tried to fit their bike between the cruiser and the median and the bike hit the cruiser.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#17]
damn hoodlum bikers...had what was comin to him
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Democrat union cop vs. Democrat Black biker. (shrug)

Both are getting what they've voted for.

I'm unsure if the Statist Right, the regular Right, or Libertarian/An-Cap side of things should care.
View Quote

OK........how do you know the cop is a liberal?  FWIW...........I'm in "the business" and know way more fat Republicans than I know fat Dems.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The swerving you were observing was called a "rolling road block".   I would guess that you may have learned in drivers education that passing an emergency vehicle with its lights on is illegal. Combine the marked cruiser with it's emergency lights on with it moving across all lanes pretty much says don't fucking pass me. Also the cop never swerved into the bike. The cruiser was stationary in the lane when the idiots tried to fit their bike between the cruiser and the median and the bike hit the cruiser.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This x1,000,000. The only dumbass in that video was the biker trying to get passed the cop doing the rolling roadblock.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right, but it wasn't like he was on his way to another call, and they were trying to pass. He was trying to stop them, and they were refusing. Rather that being so aggressive and trying to do it all on his own, IMO he should have waited for more units....for his own safety, for more witnesses and cameras on his side, and to catch a higher percentage of the group. But I'm not a cop, so what would I know?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#23]
With all due respect, letting thuggish, violent behavior go unanswered is not why we have law enforcement.  You and I get to try to drive away.  LEO are expected, though not legally obligated, to attempt to stop this behavior.  If they are not, then what good are they?  I've already pointed out that there may well be justification for use of lethal force during an encounter like this, so even if the cop did "run them off the road" there may not be any legal or moral problem with that.

This thread reminds me of the folks yelling about "militarization of the police" during the Ferguson riots; while there may (or may not) be an issue with proliferation of no-knock raids, excessive use of force, or any other plethora of problems one could lump into "militarization," bitching about police using armored vehicles and tear gas launchers during violent rioting is absurd.

Same here.  If you think this video is indicative of some kind of problem with the police force, I'm not sure we can even find common ground here.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
With all due respect, letting thuggish, violent behavior go unanswered is not why we have law enforcement.  You and I get to try to drive away.  LEO are expected, though not legally obligated, to attempt to stop this behavior.  If they are not, then what good are they?  I've already pointed out that there may well be justification for use of lethal force during an encounter like this, so even if the cop did "run them off the road" there may not be any legal or moral problem with that.

This thread reminds me of the folks yelling about "militarization of the police" during the Ferguson riots; while there may (or may not) be an issue with proliferation of no-knock raids, excessive use of force, or any other plethora of problems one could lump into "militarization," bitching about police using armored vehicles and tear gas launchers during violent rioting is absurd.

Same here.  If you think this video is indicative of some kind of problem with the police force, I'm not sure we can even find common ground here.
View Quote

I don't it was any indication of a problem with the police force. I think that ONE officer would have been better off waiting for back-up, rather than trying to do it on his own. Get a few cars in front and rear of the whole group, then stop all of them and start writing.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 3:09:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Officer was overzealous, overconfident, and stupid in dealing with a mass of jackasses.

Maybe after this they'll learn not to go charging into large groups alone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top