Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2015 7:08:38 PM EDT
I made my first visit to the Cabelas in Sun Prairie today.  Way more reloading stuff than Gander has.  Way more than Gander had even in the old days.

Forgot to look, do they stock primers and powders?  Usually do business with Recob's, but they are a long drive.

Wasn't much on the web site.  Scored Nosler 30' 06 brass, None in Lapua or Norma, but many other calibers.  Even had off brand on top of Winchester and Remington.

Prices compare well to internet for what I bought.  

Wonder what they pay?  

Cabelas poweder primer experiences?

Thanks, Tony  
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:21:59 PM EDT
[#1]
They do carry powder and primers, behind the gun counter.    Had a healthy selection of 1lb containers last time I looked.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:18:41 AM EDT
[#2]
They had Reloder 15, Unique, and others on the shelf Sunday, prices about $5-7 more per pound than Recobs
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#3]
They have quite a few powders, but come with a list of alternates, since some sell out quickly.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:57:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They have quite a few powders, but come with a list of alternates, since some sell out quickly.
View Quote

And you never know who you'll bump into there!!

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the heads up!  I'll check it out on visit #2.

I'll deal with Recob's most of the time, but Cabelas is real close.  It used to be handy that Gander carried some stuff, if grossly overpriced.  

I sort of regretted it when they stopped carrying the stuff.  Cabelas has way more than Gander ever did and I'm happy with the prices.

Tony  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top