Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2015 7:34:59 AM EDT
Going to be out and about in Wisconsin tomorrow. Read through your law which seems pretty straight forward and nice

There was a section that mentioned no carry in a place that serves alchohol but then it said something like "unless you aren't drinking". This confused me

I also saw that you can open carry without perimit. How common is that?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:29:31 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as you do not consume, you can carry in bars/establishments that serve alcohol. You also cannot carry while intoxicated.

Open carry is fairly uncommon, at least in my experience.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:32:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I've yet to see anyone open carry but I live in Milwaukee.  Ymmv
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As long as you do not consume, you can carry in bars/establishments that serve alcohol. You also cannot carry while intoxicated.

View Quote

That's what I was thinking but the wording seemed weird

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As long as you do not consume, you can carry in bars/establishments that serve alcohol. You also cannot carry while intoxicated. .
View Quote

So long as you are a licensee and are not consuming alcohol on the premises you may carry Openly or Concealed.   If you are not a licensee you generally may not carry a handgun on the premises subject to a Class B license (no such restriction for long gun) .  If you have permission of the owner or manager for a specific event of limited duration, you may carry openly and consume alcohol on the premises.  

Quoted:
View Quote

This part of the State is practically an Open Carry Mecca.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:08:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I open carry regularly.  Most people never even notice.  One off duty Sheriff deputy asked me why.  One auto parts guy ask what the magazines I had on my belt were for.  A state NRA rep at Cabela's asked the same question.  Other wise that is it.  Been open carrying for 4 yrs.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 2:30:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Also theres the gun free school zones. No open carry within 1000ft unless you have a CCW then you are allowed, but still not on school property.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top