Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2015 8:15:45 PM EDT
How many times does a Wisconsin wild turkey lay eggs each summer?  I think I have a hen nesting in some tall grass n my back yard.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:45:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How many times does a Wisconsin wild turkey lay eggs each summer?  I think I have a hen nesting in some tall grass n my back yard.
View Quote

As far as I know just once unless the nest is destroyed before they hatch then they might make another nest.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 12:32:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I check tomorrow and see if a nest is actually there.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#3]
You know you're not going to find bottles of wild turkey, right?

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 11:13:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Virtually all birds will re-nest and lay more eggs if their first clutch gets destroyed. Virtually none will, if they've got chicks to tend to.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Lies!!!
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

You just have to know which bush to look under.

I think the turkey is re-nesting.  Twice today she flew out of the grass when I was down by the garden.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I checked just a few minutes ago.  There is a nest with about a dozen eggs in it.    I know where it is and i will keep the dogs away and watch it from a safe distant .  If they hatch I will put up a trail camera see if i can get some pics of the little ones.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 2:16:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I checked just a few minutes ago.  There is a nest with about a dozen eggs in it.    I know where it is and i will keep the dogs away and watch it from a safe distant .  If they hatch I will put up a trail camera see if i can get some pics of the little ones.
View Quote

FYI when they hatch they do not stay in the nest, they will all hatch about the same time and leave the nest almost immediatly.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I realize that.  I will put the camera out about a week before they hatch and hope for the best. I got a couple of real cute pics a couple of years ago when the I put the camera down on the ground where some baby turkeys walked by on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

DAMMIT !

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Keep the crows,coyotes, skunks,possums,and coons away too if you can.....crows are real hard on the eggs and babies.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

FYI when they hatch they do not stay in the nest, they will all hatch about the same time and leave the nest almost immediatly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They will oscar mike almost immediately eating bugs
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 3:37:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I drove past the nest last night ad i could see some black where the nest is .  I think the Hen is still setting on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top