Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2015 8:28:34 AM EDT
Anyone in that area with private land to target shoot on?
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 10:43:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome,
Not likely to find target shooting land due to Waukesha Co. & Town of Mukwonago ordances.
Did you move to the town or village?
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 4:38:57 PM EDT
[#2]
McMillers isn't too far away, and seems to be a decent place to shoot.
Mcmiller sports club
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#3]
McMiller's is not a bad range, I have a yearly pass there as I live somewhat close. They changed ownership a few months ago and now seem to be mostly set up. A yearly pass is $200 for one person or $400 for a family pass, which allows 4 people. Both cover up to the 100 yard range, getting a pass for that covers the 300 yard range is more. I'm not sure what the normal rates are now, but last time I checked I think it was $15 for an all day pass which covered up to the 100 yard range. I don't know of any other ranges within reasonable distance of Mukwonago that are as cheap or offer as much variety as McMiller's. FFL-wise, McMIller's does have a FFL now as well, although the transfer fees have gone up to $50 now with the new ownership, whereas it used to be around $25 or so I believe. They now allow silhouette targets (they didn't up until maybe about 8-12 months ago), but they still have a one-shot-per-second rule, although I see that enforced to various degrees depending on the RSO present and number of people on the range.

http://www.mcmillersportcenter.com/
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Much of the Town of Vernon is addressed in Mukwonago and doesn't have those restrictions (no rifle prohibition for deer hunting as an example).

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome,
Not likely to find target shooting land due to Waukesha Co. & Town of Mukwonago ordances.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#5]
We will be just south of North Prairie. I read the ordinances so we won't be able to target shoot on our own land but was hoping someone on this board had land access. We have been to McMiller's dozens of times. In fact one trip the range officer was shooting my derringer so it's kind of casual there. Thanks for everyone's input!
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Much of the Town of Vernon is addressed in Mukwonago and doesn't have those restrictions (no rifle prohibition for deer hunting as an example).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Welcome,

Correct, but that is not Town of Mukwonago.

ETA: that's a nice area. From westgate drive to sugden is a great area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top