Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2015 10:37:59 PM EDT
Anybody can recommend a smith that could do a bobtail mod on a 1911 in SE WI?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:51:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Flamethrower (Todd).
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:58:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Flamethrower (Todd).
View Quote

Did he do one for you?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:04:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Todd does great work, but he's a bit far - it would be 4 hours back and forth for me. Wasn't he going to open a shop in west Bend? Has he done a bobtail job?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:49:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Bring it over to Saukville and we'll do it in my garage.  I've got beer on tap so no need to bring anything.

WECSOG FTW!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bring it over to Saukville and we'll do it in my garage.  I've got beer on tap so no need to bring anything.

WECSOG FTW!
View Quote

A sturdy drill press with a vise would help. I'm tempted to do it myself, but not willing to fuck it up. Drilling a new MSH pin hole is what's holding me back right now. I'm willing to buy the drilling jig.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a drill press and an x-y vise.  Worst case I've also got a welder...
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:13:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Screw it, I'm emailing Todd. I could probably get by doing it myself, but want it to look store bought, and that would require more equipment than I have or could possibly get to.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I have never had him do 1911 work for me, but I know it's kind of his "thing". He has done lots of other stuff for me, all top notch stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top