Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2015 8:46:46 PM EDT
I used Craig for my NFA trust. It was a great experience. He was knowledgeable and made the whole process easy.

However, now I need to add items to my trust and I'm not able to reach him. I've tried calling him at his office and on his cell for almost a month. I've left numerous voicemails, but have not received a response. I emailed a few times without a response.

Is he still practicing?

Is there a better way to reach him?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do you need to reach him to add items to your trust?  All you do is fill out an assignment of property, and put it in your schedule a. ??
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why do you need to reach him to add items to your trust?  All you do is fill out an assignment of property, and put it in your schedule a. ??
View Quote

I tried to do some internet lawyering, but there were "experts" saying to do this way, while other "experts" said do it this other way. I was just hoping to speak to an actual expert.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Call Tom Grieve.  He'll set you straight.

Http://www.grievelaw.com

Mike
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I always text him or email him. He always says that's the best way to get in touch with him. I was emailing back and forth with him just last week actually.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 7:52:06 AM EDT
[#5]
The last time I got a hold of him I had asked if he had gotten my emails. His answer was No. I asked him to check his spam folder. They were there.

That being said, I've had the best luck reaching him by his business phone or cell phone.

Good luck
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Mike
View Quote

Wait he used A lawyer and know you want him to call B lawyer??? Seems to me he should have used B lawyer in the first place...
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:05:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I tried to do some internet lawyering, but there were "experts" saying to do this way, while other "experts" said do it this other way. I was just hoping to speak to an actual expert.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The answer I gave you is the answer Craig will give you.

I know this because it's the answer he gave me when he did my trust.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good. Thank you for the info.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#9]
He did my trust, haven't spoken with him for about a year.

I've added NFA items to my trust since he set it up. I just fill out a new schedule A and Assignment of Property. So I have my original trust documents, then a Schedule A and Assignment of Property page for each additional  NFA item I've added. That's what he told me to do.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've added NFA items to my trust since he set it up. I just fill out a new schedule A and Assignment of Property. So I have my original trust documents, then a Schedule A and Assignment of Property page for each additional  NFA item I've added. That's what he told me to do.
View Quote

I think you misunderstood.  Either that, or your communication skills need help because what you said above may not be what you intended?

To be crystal clear - there is ONE Schedule A for a trust.  Uno.  No mas.  When you add something to the trust, you simply add another entry on the Schedule A detailing the item.  Then, for each item, you'll have a separate assignment of property.

What you said above reads as though if you had 5 items in your trust, you would have 5 schedule As and 5 assignment of property pages.  No bueno.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I think you misunderstood.  Either that, or your communication skills need help because what you said above may not be what you intended?

To be crystal clear - there is ONE Schedule A for a trust.  Uno.  No mas.  When you add something to the trust, you simply add another entry on the Schedule A detailing the item.  Then, for each item, you'll have a separate assignment of property.

What you said above reads as though if you had 5 items in your trust, you would have 5 schedule As and 5 assignment of property pages.  No bueno.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Craig will update this information for you, if you're not comfortable. It's part of the continuing service he offers. I've sent MANY of my customers to him and he has always aided in maintaining their Schedule A's.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 3:44:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am no lawyer nor do I have a trust, but the way that I understand it is that when you add items you create an amendment to the trust and rewrite the schedule A. Therefore you would rewrite the schedule A every time something is added or removed.
If not are you just crossing out each item you remove? So some people might have 50 pages of crossed out items that the trust no longer owns?
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I am no lawyer nor do I have a trust, but the way that I understand it is that when you add items you create an amendment to the trust and rewrite the schedule A. Therefore you would rewrite the schedule A every time something is added or removed.
If not are you just crossing out each item you remove? So some people might have 50 pages of crossed out items that the trust no longer owns?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct, rewrite the schedule a.  Add or remove something, just update it and print out a new one.  No need to have a separate schedule a for each item in the trust.

No amendment to the trust is necessary, just an assignment of property sheet.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I have multiple pages for the Schedule A.

I called him to ask about it. Thought I made myself clear and interpreted his answer that it was fine. It's possible I misunderstood him.

Why would a Schedule A have to be a single page? Someone just may have enough items listed to cover several.

I could have chosen single, 1.5, or double line spacing for items listed under the Schedule A. Guess I single-page-spaced mine.

Everything added to my trust is clearly identified as being part of the Schedule A of the trust and has a corresponding assignment of property.

Not sure if most other people carry a copy of their trust when bringing items out. I do. I bring copies of the Schedule A pages for items that I'll have with me, not a single page detailing everything that belongs to the trust.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:13:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I called him to ask about it. Thought I made myself clear and interpreted his answer that it was fine. It's possible I misunderstood him.

Why would a Schedule A have to be a single page? Someone just may have enough items listed to cover several.

I could have chosen single, 1.5, or double line spacing for items listed under the Schedule A. Guess I single-page-spaced mine.

Everything added to my trust is clearly identified as being part of the Schedule A of the trust and has a corresponding assignment of property.

Not sure if most other people carry a copy of their trust when bringing items out. I do. I bring copies of the Schedule A pages for items that I'll have with me, not a single page detailing everything that belongs to the trust.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not that it HAS to be a single page.  By all means, if you have 500 items, you'll need multiple pages.  But you shouldn't have 5 pages, each labeled "schedule A",  each with one thing on them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok, please forgive me, I'm having a stupidity problem here today. Should have thought more about what I was saying before posting.

Yes I'm doing similar to as you describe, but on a separate page for each item. I just edit the template Schedule A page he emailed to include the new item. So if I was adding item #5, I'd add a new page that is titled schedule A like the others. The page then has "5.  Item/serial/manufacterer/etc."

So it's one schedule A, one item per page. Not multiple schedule A's.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:48:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Mike
View Quote

Yep another plus for Tom
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top