[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
group buy?
View Quote

I'm in for some 556.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:53:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone ever purchases anything from a gov liquidation. I imagine some big resaler will outbid most hobbiest.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I have. Giant pain in the ass.

Have a spending limit.
Plan on sitting on it for a while if you intend to sell it.
Good amount of paperwork.
No matter what they say there will be a certain amount of blanks and scrap brass cases.
If they say they will help you load, they are lying. No matter how much they promise they will help, they are lying.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#5]
There was a huge amount that sold at McCoy a couple weeks ago.  The 5.56 brass winning bids worked out to around $60/k.  It's cheaper on the EE.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
group buy?
View Quote

Who the fuck is going to haul 1.5 tons of brass??? And what the fuck are you going to do with that much??...i have a half a 55 gallon drum in my garage that i have no to sort yet...lol
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:44:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I've tracked some of the previous auctions, brass sold for more than I thought.

I don't see how even guys in the business like Flame could make any money off the stuff.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:19:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've tracked some of the previous auctions, brass sold for more than I thought.

I don't see how even guys in the business like Flame could make any money off the stuff.
View Quote

its boom and bust.
last auction was over 3.30$ a pound
thats higher than retail prices for 1X fired!

dont forget 10% govt liquidation service charge on the auction. and sales tax of 5+%
and transportation charges via LTL carrier if you dont have a truck large enough to haul it.
its not for the faint of heart.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By par0thead151

dont forget 10% govt liquidation service charge on the auction. and sales tax of 5+%
and transportation charges via LTL carrier if you dont have a truck large enough to haul it.
its not for the faint of heart.
View Quote

I've considered buying a small lot before, but those additional percentages will kill the benefits of the bulk deal.

I wonder who is doing what with the brass that's being sold.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:04:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought army sleeping bag systems at auction. It went well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top