Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2015 5:50:40 PM EDT
I've lived in the Milwaukee area for about 11 years and never ate at this place before.   Was thinking of taking the wife there for a quiet dinner.  

Anyone out there have any experience with this restaurant?
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes great food, gets a little crazy/packed on Friday nights for Fish Fry.  Haven't gone in probably a year or so.....Maybe next weekend I can get out there.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Wife and I love taking the bike out for a ride out there for brunch. While not the best place for a meal it's by far not the worst.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wife and I love taking the bike out for a ride out there for brunch. While not the best place for a meal it's by far not the worst.
View Quote

I've been there a few times with my parents, brunch is ok, and dinners were good. The drive up is always the most fun.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 8:44:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Good steaks. Prime rib, porterhouse, filets I think its still buy one, get one free too.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#5]
They have buy one get one free nights.  Saturday the buy one get one starts at 4:00 pm    Not everything on the menu is included.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:04:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Decent food. Good service. Owned by the same people who own the mineshaft, so the entrees such as ribs are prepared the same but the sides on the plate were more high end oriented such as steamed vegetables instead of French fries.

If I ever, once, need to really impress a girl, I will take her there for sure
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:59:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Drive is worth it - it's the area I grew up in and am moving back to.  The place is owned by the Mineshaft up in Hartford. Decent food.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Drive is worth it - it's the area I grew up in and am moving back to.  The place is owned by the Mineshaft up in Hartford. Decent food.
View Quote

Hopefully better than the Mineshaft.  I've been there a couple times and didn't think much of it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:10:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought the food was good. Grab a drink in the bar downstairs while you wait for a table.
I'm planning on going back soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top