Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2015 7:30:27 PM EDT
I am wondering if peeps have been contacting him regarding this recent development.

AFAIK, He is Chairman of the Senate arms committee & should be the go-to individual to push a re-write of the portion of the law being used to the misinterpretation & administering of this law.

What is your input?
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#1]
No re-write necessary - BATFE has misread the law since '86.  Open and shut.

Still contact him regardless.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 8:27:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Wrote him and my Congressman, Paul Ryan, last Saturday about all of this M855 mess.

I haven't heard back from Johnson.
Ryan's people sent me the same sorry canned response I've always gotten from him.

Writing Tammy Baldwin is a waste of time and energy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent my letter to Sen. Johnson out on Friday.  Last time I wrote a letter to Tammy about gun control, I got the 'I own a .22, therefore I support reasonable gun rights' response.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wrote him and my Congressman, Paul Ryan, last Saturday about all of this M855 mess.

Ryan's people sent me the same sorry canned response I've always gotten from him.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Care to elaborate on the letter from Ryan?

Quoted:
I sent my letter to Sen. Johnson out on Friday.  Last time I wrote a letter to Tammy about gun control, I got the 'I own a .22, therefore I support reasonable gun rights' response.

I will be calling & writing tomorrow.

Yeah, Baldwin needs to go! She is dead Liberal weight.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll post my response from Ryan:

MADE AN EDIT MY DUMB!

That was the response letter I got in 2012.  I went into my trash file and searched for any email from Ryan and that was the only one I had.  This time I got a form response letter too but I'm not sure it was that same one.

ONCE AGAIN MY SCEWUP!

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your thoughts on gun laws in America. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know your views on this important issue.

You raised some interesting and insightful points regarding this subject, especially in light of the recent tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut.  My thoughts and prayers remain with the families and friends of those affected by this unspeakable tragedy. At this trying time, we must show our sympathy, pray for and stand together with the people of Connecticut, as well as all the friends and loved ones of the victims and survivors.

I understand that there will be a national discussion about our gun laws and what actions could be taken to prevent such horrific crimes in the future.  This is matter on which reasonable people often disagree.  However, I believe we can work together to find answers that most importantly protect innocent lives, as well as constitutional rights, and at the same time find ways to stop unstable people from committing these incomprehensible crimes in the first place. I look forward to contributing to this discussion and working with my colleagues in Congress to address this important debate.

Thank you again for contacting with your thoughts.  In the meantime, if you wish to share additional information with me concerning this issue or any other, please feel free to contact me by calling, emailing, writing, or faxing me. Please be advised that mail sent to my Washington office is subject to an additional two-week delay due to increased mail security.

If I can be of further assistance to you regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am always happy to respond and be of service to you.

Sincerely,

Paul Ryan
Serving Wisconsin's 1st District
View Quote

Are you serious?

A year old plus form letter!

We need to kick him in the balls with inendated phones for a week! That is some messed up BS!
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Are you serious?

We need to kick him in the balls with inendated phones for a week! That is some messed up BS!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your thoughts on gun laws in America. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know your views on this important issue.

You raised some interesting and insightful points regarding this subject, especially in light of the recent tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut.  My thoughts and prayers remain with the families and friends of those affected by this unspeakable tragedy. At this trying time, we must show our sympathy, pray for and stand together with the people of Connecticut, as well as all the friends and loved ones of the victims and survivors.

I understand that there will be a national discussion about our gun laws and what actions could be taken to prevent such horrific crimes in the future.  This is matter on which reasonable people often disagree.  However, I believe we can work together to find answers that most importantly protect innocent lives, as well as constitutional rights, and at the same time find ways to stop unstable people from committing these incomprehensible crimes in the first place. I look forward to contributing to this discussion and working with my colleagues in Congress to address this important debate.

Thank you again for contacting with your thoughts.  In the meantime, if you wish to share additional information with me concerning this issue or any other, please feel free to contact me by calling, emailing, writing, or faxing me. Please be advised that mail sent to my Washington office is subject to an additional two-week delay due to increased mail security.

If I can be of further assistance to you regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am always happy to respond and be of service to you.

Sincerely,

Paul Ryan

Are you serious?

Yup.
That's exact the one I got also.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yup.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sincerely,

Paul Ryan

Are you serious?

Yup.

My rep is Duffy.

I will be contacting him & Johnson by phone tomorrow. I may even call Ryan for the heck of it to see what is up with the form letters. That is flat out ignoring their constituents!

Unacceptable!
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:15:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Might be a good idea to go after Sensenbrenner for those who are in his district. He was on the 7n6 letter with Goodlatte last year.

I have ro jo's cell number written down somewhere.  Guess I need to find it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:18:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:38:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Only way to get a politician to do anything is to embarrass then publicly.  Tell some news channel that you wrote them about ammunition being banned and you got back a letter about newton.  that should be an interesting comment there.
View Quote

Absolutely!

That is like three-legged dog lame!
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:43:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Made an edit, screwed up.  You can yell at me.

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:45:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry, here is the correct one:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your concerns about legislation which infringes on the rights of gun owners.  I appreciate you taking the time to let me know your views on this important issue.

You raised some interesting and insightful points regarding the importance of the Second Amendment.  Like you, I am a strong supporter of our Second Amendment rights.  I will continue to support the rights of gun owners who use firearms responsibly, while working to punish those who use guns to commit crimes. Whether you own a firearm for hunting, target shooting, collecting, personal protection, or other lawful reasons, I believe the Second Amendment clearly protects our right to keep and bear arms.

Thank you again for contacting me.  Your thoughts and recommendations will be especially helpful as I work with my colleagues on the important issues facing the 114th Congress.  

In the meantime, if you wish to share additional information with me concerning this issue, please feel free to contact me by calling, emailing, writing, or faxing me. Please be advised that mail sent to my Washington office is subject to an additional two-week delay due to mail security.

Again, thank you for contacting me. If I can be of further assistance to you regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am always happy to respond and be of service to you.

Sincerely,

Paul Ryan

Yes it's a crappy form letter but it was NOT THAT crappy form letter from before
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:03:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:11:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sorry, here is the correct one:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your concerns about legislation which infringes on the rights of gun owners.  I appreciate you taking the time to let me know your views on this important issue.

You raised some interesting and insightful points regarding the importance of the Second Amendment.  Like you, I am a strong supporter of our Second Amendment rights.  I will continue to support the rights of gun owners who use firearms responsibly, while working to punish those who use guns to commit crimes. Whether you own a firearm for hunting, target shooting, collecting, personal protection, or other lawful reasons, I believe the Second Amendment clearly protects our right to keep and bear arms.

Thank you again for contacting me.  Your thoughts and recommendations will be especially helpful as I work with my colleagues on the important issues facing the 114th Congress.  

In the meantime, if you wish to share additional information with me concerning this issue, please feel free to contact me by calling, emailing, writing, or faxing me. Please be advised that mail sent to my Washington office is subject to an additional two-week delay due to mail security.

Again, thank you for contacting me. If I can be of further assistance to you regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact me. I am always happy to respond and be of service to you.

Sincerely,

Paul Ryan

Yes it's a crappy form letter but it was NOT THAT crappy form letter from before
View Quote

Not as bad but still as vague as a shadow on a partly-clowdy day.

Ok, guys correct me if I am wrong but aren't rule changes like this handled in the Senate?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:13:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
good grief, talk about a very non committal letter. only way it could get any more vague is if a lawyer would write it. You know someone like Aimless...      

View Quote

The penguin can't hurt you in here.  
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:13:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Double feed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I sent Ron a paper letter last week.  Mine is worded in a way that links wasteful government spending, size, and bureaucracy to how more government equals less rights.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 4:00:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Let's see how that is received & responded to.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#20]
As per the freedom of information act & the GOD I follow!  

Bill to Ban Body Armor & BATFE to Ban M855/SS109 5.56 Ammo

We implore you to take the time and voice your opinion or lose your freedom! Two serious issues are upon us, neither of which endorses your ability to defend yourself - both of which are potential footholds for further restrictions.

We've included easy to use tools to quickly and effectively voice your opinion, and read details on each proposed ban.

*H.R. 378 - Bill to Ban Body Armor*
Contact your Rep: https://www.popvox.com/bills/us/114/hr378#
 H.R. 378 Complete Details: https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/378

(Bill to ban "enhanced" body armor from law abiding citizens. As currently written, anyone who already owns body armor will be grandfathered in)

*BATFE 5.56 M855/SS109 Ammo Ban*
Contact BATFE: http://savem855.com
 Proposed Ban: http://goo.gl/FPcycr

(Proposal to ban common 5.56 M855/SS109 ammo, which could lead to further restrictions!)

More tools for voicing your opinion!
Find your local Representative: http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
Find Your Senator: http://goo.gl/ztcfGW

If you do not take the time to contact your representatives and voice your opinion directly, you will lose your freedom to defend yourself!

*Share with everyone you know to help get the word out*

Share with your friends & help spread the word!
Visit our Website | http://www.AR500Armor.com
Like us on Facebook | http://www.Facebook.com/AR500Armor
Follow us on Twitter | http://www.Twitter.com/AR500Armor
Google + | https://plus.google.com/+AR500Armor
Instragram |  http://instagram.com/AR500Armor

Sincerely,
AR500 Armor® Team
www.AR500Armor.com
[email protected]

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 9:38:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Batter up, lead follow or get out of the way!   Whose in besides me?  
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#22]
IN!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:53:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Now that this has national exposure let's keep the pressure on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top