Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2015 6:12:58 PM EDT
Anyone else want to punch these dbags right in the face?!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure which one sucks more...Joe Buck is really a one sided anti Packer numbnutz, and Troy is just well... Troy...and was never really that good...I'd take Collinsworth and Michaels any day. Back in the day Madden was a hoot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/joe-buck-and-troy-aikman-love-the-packers-really-b99422107z1-287946241.html
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Listen to the game on Westwood One.

Kevin Harlan announces the play by play and is absolutely spectacular.
He's the son of former Packer president Bob Harlan.  WI native.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
You girls haha
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:39:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You girls haha
View Quote

yes, yes they are girls
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anyone else want to punch these dbags right in the face?!
View Quote

Every time I hear their annoying voices. And I can't believe they still allow Troy to call Packer games, since he is still so clearly biased against the Packers.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/joe-buck-and-troy-aikman-love-the-packers-really-b99422107z1-287946241.html
View Quote

Aikman: "It's part of the job. Joe probably said it best: Fans say, 'We want you to be unbiased,' but they really don't. They want you to be biased toward their team."

No, actually we just want them to be unbiased. Troy is not unbiased. You can even hear it in his voice. When a Packer makes a nice play, he might say "nice play", but when the opposition does, he actually gets excited. Asshole.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Aikman: "It's part of the job. Joe probably said it best: Fans say, 'We want you to be unbiased,' but they really don't. They want you to be biased toward their team."

No, actually we just want them to be unbiased. Troy is not unbiased. You can even hear it in his voice. When a Packer makes a nice play, he might say "nice play", but when the opposition does, he actually gets excited. Asshole.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was probably his fault packers will now go down in infamy as having one of the most embarrassing playoff losses ever.... Only packer fans cry about them being biased, so yeah your bias is blind to the truth.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#9]
If Buck & Aikman are doing a Packer game on Fox, I mute the TV and turn the radio on. I've been doing that for 3 or 4 years now. IMO, both are heavily biased against the Packers, in comparison to all the other broadcasters. I don't "tune out" anyone else, just those two. On occasion, I'll watch games at a local sports bar. If they're doing the game, the bar patrons all stand and join together at each game's beginning and yell "SHUT UP AIKMAN", at which time the bartender mutes the TVs and cranks up the radio with Laravee & McCarren. It's become a tradition.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:46:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If Buck & Aikman are doing a Packer game on Fox, I mute the TV and turn the radio on. I've been doing that for 3 or 4 years now. IMO, both are heavily biased against the Packers, in comparison to all the other broadcasters. I don't "tune out" anyone else, just those two. On occasion, I'll watch games at a local sports bar. If they're doing the game, the bar patrons all stand and join together at each game's beginning and yell "SHUT UP AIKMAN", at which time the bartender mutes the TVs and cranks up the radio with Laravee & McCarren. It's become a tradition.
View Quote

As a person born and raised in WI, this is the type of stuff I can't stand. Being a Packer fan is like being in a cult, lol. It's why I became a Lions fan (true story). Just sayin. When I watch Aikman and Buck they don't seem biased to me. Apparently if you want unbiased you have to listen to Laravee and Mccarrren.........
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

As a person born and raised in WI, this is the type of stuff I can't stand. Being a Packer fan is like being in a cult, lol. It's why I became a Lions can (true story). Just sayin. When I watch Aikman and Buck they don't seem biased to me. Apparently if you want unbiased you have to listen to Laravee and Mccarrren.........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a person born and raised in WI, this is the type of stuff I can't stand. Being a Packer fan is like being in a cult, lol. It's why I became a Lions can (true story). Just sayin. When I watch Aikman and Buck they don't seem biased to me. Apparently if you want unbiased you have to listen to Laravee and Mccarrren.........

It's a "cult" I enjoy being a part of. lol.

I don't turn off the sound for any other TV broadcasting team, just them. I'd rather listen to Al Michaels & Chris Collingsworth on NBC than Laravee & McCarren on the radio. Aikman has gotten better over time, since Favre left. Favre was his big rival in his playing days, along with Steve Young. Try this... listen to Aikman when he does a 49ers game... he doesn't like them neither, and it shows.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:52:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I don't turn off the sound for any other TV broadcasting team, just them. I'd rather listen to Al Michaels & Chris Collingsworth on NBC than Laravee & McCarren on the radio. Aikman has gotten better over time, since Favre left. Favre was his big rival in his playing days, along with Steve Young. Try this... listen to Aikman when he does a 49ers game... he doesn't like them neither, and it shows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been a 49er fan for a long time, and while I'll agree that Aikman seems a bit biased against them during games, the constant whining by everyone else I'm around during Packer games really gets old. It's not like the announcer being biased affects the outcome of the game at all. Even when Aikman is praising something the Packers did, people still bitch about it because he's not praising them enough.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've been a 49er fan for a long time, and while I'll agree that Aikman seems a bit biased against them during games, the constant whining by everyone else I'm around during Packer games really gets old. It's not like the announcer being biased affects the outcome of the game at all. Even when Aikman is praising something the Packers did, people still bitch about it because he's not praising them enough.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

cool story bro
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:12:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course it doesn't effect the outcome, but Packer games would be more enjoyable if we didn't have to listen to Aikman calling the game. And that's why we watch it, for enjoyment. Aikman still hates the Packers (even if he won't admit it), and Packer fans still hate him. But I would still think he was a douchebag, even if I wasn't a Packer fan, and without that old rivalry. Remember what it was like when Aikman would get sacked? He would usually get up and start bitching at his line. Remember what it was like when Favre got sacked? He would get up and compliment the guy who sacked him for making a nice play. Say what you will about Favre, he was a true football player, unlike that whiny little bitch Aikman. And the NFL thought that people would like to listen to his whiny ass for the next 30 years after he retired, but they were wrong.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:56:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:52:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The butthurt in this thread is epic.
View Quote

Yeah i don't get it. I've been a packer fan my entire life, and i just don't see any bias against the packers when they call the games.  I make fun of Aikman because i don't think he's very good, but he isn't rooting against Green Bay. Watch the other games they announce and they act no different. It's merely their announcing style.  If you want blatant Homerism, you're SOL. Good Lord, some times our fan base whines about the dumbest stuff.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:19:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yeah i don't get it. I've been a packer fan my entire life, and i just don't see any bias against the packers when they call the games.  I make fun of Aikman because i don't think he's very good, but he isn't rooting against Green Bay. Watch the other games they announce and they act no different. It's merely their announcing style.  If you want blatant Homerism, you're SOL. Good Lord, some times our fan base whines about the dumbest stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The butthurt in this thread is epic.

Sorry we dont view it the same as you
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I would consider our home "fair and balanced" on this issue so possibly a fair representation of what goes on with this Aikman/Buck thing.  For me Aikman's voice reminds me of Frank Gifford, I like that.  My GF was a Packers fan for decades before we moved here.  She yells at those two from the start about how they hate the Packers and want them to lose.  I don't see it and just sit there and call her names and laugh.

All I know is I want to get her a Favre Jets jersey and see how that goes with her.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I would consider our home "fair and balanced" on this issue so possibly a fair representation of what goes on with this Aikman/Buck thing.  For me Aikman's voice reminds me of Frank Gifford, I like that.  My GF was a Packers fan for decades before we moved here.  She yells at those two from the start about how they hate the Packers and want them to lose.  I don't see it and just sit there and call her names and laugh.

All I know is I want to get her a Favre Jets jersey and see how that goes with her.

View Quote

Jets probably wouldn't bother her too much. Lots of the pro Brett segment of the fan base bought them when he was traded(although I've noticed a distinct lack of people wearing them over the past 5 years), and openly rooted for them.  Now, if you REALLY want to rile her up, get her a Vikings one.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Jets probably wouldn't bother her too much. Lots of the pro Brett segment of the fan base bought them when he was traded(although I've noticed a distinct lack of people wearing them over the past 5 years), and openly rooted for them.  Now, if you REALLY want to rile her up, get her a Vikings one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got both a Favre as a Jet and Favre as a Viking t-shirt (and a Favre Packers jersey). Doesn't bother me one bit that he played elsewhere.

Here's just one Aikman example. I watched the replay of the NFC championship game on NFL network, that had Buck & Aikman (I listened to radio when the game was live). There was a Packers running play by Starks in which another Packer (don't remember who) got a terrific block on Chancellor, safety of the Seahawks, to spring Starks for a decent gain. That block put Chancellor flat on his ass, right fucking now.... but Aikman says something like "he got just enough of Chancellor to let the runner squeeze by". WTF??? He laid Chancellor out, big time!!!  
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:46:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh shit, I never thought of that one.  Oh yeah, that's the ticket.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:36:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top