Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2015 9:08:08 PM EDT
Wondering how you guys have handled a firearms trade.  I might be trading my G17 for a G26.  Obviously I want to conduct a trade in a relatively public spot but yet not draw any unneeded attention.  Do you guys have any tips or suggestions from practical experience?

ETA:  I should clarify that I'm not worried about the ID/legality/bill of sale part.  Just the meeting aspect.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#1]
don't meet in the back parking lot of a McDonalds.. Do it in a police station parking lot.  Of course tell them first,, just don't show up and start pulling out your guns.. We tell people to use our parking lot.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#2]
No reason to go out of your way, or involve the police; at all. Any busy spot with large parking lots is just fine. Meet in a somewhat outlying area where there aren't a lot of cars parked around. Inspect the firearms however you see fit; making a minimal attempt to be discrete; just to avoid panicking any sheeple.

Don't act shady or peer over your shoulder. Also don't be cavalier and pose like a lunatic.

Done this plenty of times. Never had any issue whatsoever.

It's simply not a big deal; especially since we have open a rock solid open carry.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No reason to go out of your way, or involve the police; at all. Any busy spot with large parking lots is just fine. Meet in a somewhat outlying area where there aren't a lot of cars parked around. Inspect the firearms however you see fit; making a minimal attempt to be discrete; just to avoid panicking any sheeple.

Don't act shady or peer over your shoulder. Also don't be cavalier and pose like a lunatic.

It's simply not a big deal; especially since we have open a rock solid open carry.

View Quote

I usually do the edge of the parking lot at a large department store.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:22:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Meet at Cabelas, Farm & Fleet, Fleet Farm, Tractor Supply store.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Best place to meet would be the parking lot of a firearm store... cabela's, gander mountain, any local firearms dealer. The people there won't be as supprised to see a firearm vs the people at a walmart parking lot.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Meet at Cabelas, Farm & Fleet, Fleet Farm, Tractor Supply store.
View Quote

I do this if conducting the transaction in a larger city. More of your "type" there that isn't going to bat an eye at an exposed firearm. Not that it would stop me, but I would prefer to avoid the panicking screaming liberal harpy on a mall parking lot in Madison.

In the country? Anywhere that's public is good to go for me. Last one I did was in the parking lot of a gas station in a podunk town.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I always used the Gander Mountain parking lot for FTF gun stuff.

Customers there aren't panicky about seeing guns.  About the only public place nowadays you can handle guns in a parking lot and nobody will care.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 5:02:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
don't meet in the back parking lot of a McDonalds.. Do it in a police station parking lot.  Of course tell them first,, just don't show up and start pulling out your guns.. We tell people to use our parking lot.
View Quote

I second this
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:54:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you mean like a walmart?????

:)
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Some very excellent response.  A place that sells guns is probably the best option.  I know the city hall/police station parking lot would NOT be a good option where I live.  Full-on libtard metro area.  Out in the rural areas it would be a much better idea IMO.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Doesn't hurt to bring a friend in addition to the above advice.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Some very excellent response.  A place that sells guns is probably the best option.  I know the city hall/police station parking lot would NOT be a good option where I live.  Full-on libtard metro area.  Out in the rural areas it would be a much better idea IMO.
View Quote
What I do with this, is start out by saying "it will be at a police station, bank, or other place with cameras that suits both of us"

That keeps most of the assholes from even responding.  Once you exchange a few messages, you can back off on that and go for someplace that works that's less secure if you don't get a bad vibe.  Take someone else with you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Best place to meet would be the parking lot of a firearm store... cabela's, gander mountain, any local firearms dealer. The people there won't be as supprised to see a firearm vs the people at a walmart parking lot.
View Quote

This.  Don't ask how I know.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:31:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

or other place with cameras that suits both of us

View Quote

I thought about the camera thing too after going to the link about the gun being stolen in the Walmart packing lot.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:31:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a G26 with night sights I'm looking to unload.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top