Quoted:
Quoted:
It's about God damned time.

Now to go order something.

But what

I just placed an order for a microtech ultratech for $220
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:01:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never been a "knife guy" but now it looks like I need to educate myself.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:18:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like the bill that gives right-of-way to large vehicles in roundabouts. The one that puts time limits (on returning seized firearms) is great, too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He had his pen out..... but AB142 didn't get lucky.

http://walker.wi.gov/newsroom/press-release/governor-scott-walker-signs-21-bills-law

eta: On the plus side... AB 13 was signed yesterday, and 'published' today. (timely return of any "seized" firearms or ammo)

I like the bill that gives right-of-way to large vehicles in roundabouts. The one that puts time limits (on returning seized firearms) is great, too.

What's the purpose of the large vehicle gets right of way bill?  To give special treatment to tractor trailers?  Who already treat passenger vehicles disrespectfully.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:44:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Oh gee ..
I just found a Pacific Cutlery, Utility bladed Balisong the last home owner must have left here.

I wonder if I should carry that one ?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:26:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What's the purpose of the large vehicle gets right of way bill?  To give special treatment to tractor trailers?  Who already treat passenger vehicles disrespectfully.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://walker.wi.gov/newsroom/press-release/governor-scott-walker-signs-21-bills-law

eta: On the plus side... AB 13 was signed yesterday, and 'published' today. (timely return of any "seized" firearms or ammo)

Are you serious? Do you have any idea how difficult it can be for a semi to get through a busy roundabout?

And semis don't treat anyone disrespectfully. People do that, and there can be assholes in semis, just like there are assholes in cars. Lots more of them in cars.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:12:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Are you serious? Do you have any idea how difficult it can be for a semi to get through a busy roundabout?

And semis don't treat anyone disrespectfully. People do that, and there can be assholes in semis, just like there are assholes in cars. Lots more of them in cars.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe there should be a different thread for this.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good idea.

The only time I've ever been in a round-about is when my daughter moved down to Green Bay, and I was driving the U-Haul van. I went completely around that thing twice before I could get out of it. It was a Sunday afternoon... I'd hate to be in it during a rush hour, or in bigger truck than the 20' box I was driving.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:43:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Congrats on your new found freedom.

Knife Rights and Doug Ritter helped Tennessee pass the same law a few years ago. I bought my first auto - a Benchmade Serum in October.

Again guys. Congrats.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Just wanted to say thanks to Federalist1989 for this thread.  I don't post much anymore but I do still lurk.  This thread has been very valuable and I appreciate all of the input here.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:17:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just wanted to say thanks to Federalist1989 for this thread.  I don't post much anymore but I do still lurk.  This thread has been very valuable and I appreciate all of the input here.
View Quote

Thank you for the kind words!

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Congrats on your new found freedom.

Knife Rights and Doug Ritter helped Tennessee pass the same law a few years ago. I bought my first auto - a Benchmade Serum in October.

Again guys. Congrats.  
View Quote

I believe they helped with the substitute amendment which helped us get the best bill possible on the issue.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Oh gee ..

I just found a Pacific Cutlery, Utility bladed Balisong the last home owner must have left here.

I wonder if I should carry that one ?
View Quote
Huh, I found a Microtech Makora II lying on the ground today.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Weird.

I just found a Jaeger Bros. Marinette Wi. Back spring release switchblade with a patent date of 1919.
Last homeowner was careless with his stuff ?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:12:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Way to go.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:31:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Was the law effective immediately upon his signature?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:39:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Was the law effective immediately upon his signature?
View Quote

I'd hope so!!! knife rights showed up to the signing with a few autos.

Technically, two days. The Secretary of State publishes the act the day after it is singed and the act becomes law the day after that.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#20]
These bills were circulated this morning:

TO: Legislative Colleagues

RE: Gun Safety and Gun Owner Accountability Act

Milwaukee saw 145 homicides in 2015, a 69 percent increase from 2014 and the highest number of homicides in over two decades. Non-fatal shootings have been on the rise since 2010 claiming 635 victims last year. While America has innovated and accomplished great feats in her history, Americans still face staggering levels of gun violence.

Milwaukee families and urban Americans deserve to feel safe in their own homes and streets. Gun violence and gun owner irresponsibility have imposed enormous costs on life, education, and economic mobility.  That’s why I am introducing the following four bills as part of the Gun Safety and Gun Owner Accountability Act. This package aims to: make gun owners more knowledgeable about firearm risks, prevent dangerous individuals from obtaining guns, and make gun owners liable for the damages they impose on our communities and victims.

1. No fly, no buy (LRB-4698/1)– The United States Government Accountability Office reported that between 2004 and 2010, individuals on terrorist watch lists were involved in firearm or explosive background checks 1,228 times. 91% of these transactions were allowed to proceed. My bill will ensure that those who wish to terrorize Americans cannot purchase the tools to do so through legal means.

2. Accountability in gun transactions (LRB-0884/1) – Currently, individuals may acquire firearms without a background check through private sellers. This presents a clear opportunity for criminals, gang-members, and domestic abusers to undermine background checks and jeopardize public safety. This bill would remove this loophole and require background checks for all firearm purchases. Class A Misdemeanor and loss of gun rights for 2 years

3. Improving standards for concealed carry (LRB -4700/1)– Current law does not specify duration or class size for the training required to apply for a concealed carry permit. This bill would codify minimum training hours and maximum classroom size for concealed carry courses. These common sense measures would establish minimum guidelines to further inform permit applicants of safe gun handling, storage, and risks of carrying. 6 Hours and 25 Students

4. Providing recourse for gun violence victims (LRB-4718/1) – Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn stated there are more guns on the street than during any time in his eight years as chief. Another County official, Retired County Judge James Gramling stated the necessity for action because of the economic impact gun violence has had for survivors. Gramling states “For these victims, there are months, maybe years of anguish – mental and physical. There are medical costs not covered by insurance. There are lost earnings.” This bill would require concealed carry applicants to have proof of general liability insurance of at least $800,000 to pay for injury, death, or property damage that may arise from a permit holder’s negligent use of a firearm.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Milwaukee saw 145 homicides in 2015, a 69 percent increase from 2014 and the highest number of homicides in over two decades. Non-fatal shootings have been on the rise since 2010 claiming 635 victims last year. While America has innovated and accomplished great feats in her history, Americans still face staggering levels of gun violence.

Milwaukee families and urban Americans deserve to feel safe in their own homes and streets. Gun violence and gun owner irresponsibility have imposed enormous costs on life, education, and economic mobility.  That’s why I am introducing the following four bills as part of the Gun Safety and Gun Owner Accountability Act. This package aims to: make gun owners more knowledgeable about firearm risks, prevent dangerous individuals from obtaining guns, and make gun owners liable for the damages they impose on our communities and victims.

1. No fly, no buy (LRB-4698/1)– The United States Government Accountability Office reported that between 2004 and 2010, individuals on terrorist watch lists were involved in firearm or explosive background checks 1,228 times. 91% of these transactions were allowed to proceed. My bill will ensure that those who wish to terrorize Americans cannot purchase the tools to do so through legal means.

2. Accountability in gun transactions (LRB-0884/1) – Currently, individuals may acquire firearms without a background check through private sellers. This presents a clear opportunity for criminals, gang-members, and domestic abusers to undermine background checks and jeopardize public safety. This bill would remove this loophole and require background checks for all firearm purchases. Class A Misdemeanor and loss of gun rights for 2 years

3. Improving standards for concealed carry (LRB -4700/1)– Current law does not specify duration or class size for the training required to apply for a concealed carry permit. This bill would codify minimum training hours and maximum classroom size for concealed carry courses. These common sense measures would establish minimum guidelines to further inform permit applicants of safe gun handling, storage, and risks of carrying. 6 Hours and 25 Students

4. Providing recourse for gun violence victims (LRB-4718/1) – Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn stated there are more guns on the street than during any time in his eight years as chief. Another County official, Retired County Judge James Gramling stated the necessity for action because of the economic impact gun violence has had for survivors. Gramling states “For these victims, there are months, maybe years of anguish – mental and physical. There are medical costs not covered by insurance. There are lost earnings.” This bill would require concealed carry applicants to have proof of general liability insurance of at least $800,000 to pay for injury, death, or property damage that may arise from a permit holder’s negligent use of a firearm.
View Quote

Once again, the dumbass/dipshit/democrat/loonies are blaming gun violence on the law-abiding legal gun owners, and ccw licensees, instead of the criminals they coddle.

$800,000 liability insurance to get a ccw license? Good luck defending that idiocy in a court.

How about the courts/judges/prosecuters who wrist-slap career criminals with probation & light sentences through plea bargains being held financially liable for the victims of those who they don't lock up? That'd make more sense.

"No fly/No Buy" ? Blatantly unconstitutional. That's denying a constitutional right (RKBA, both State & U.S. Constitution) with no "due process".
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

So are these laws going to be enforced against the hoodrats in the district that she represents, considering that they are the ones that disproportionately violate the existing gun laws? Or are these just some more "Fuck you whitey" anti-gun laws. I'm getting really sick and tired of this cunt and her gun control laws.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 11:14:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Myself, I am most interested in the bill related to carry on school grounds.  Does "the de facto ban on practical concealed carry for a large portion of the population" have a chance of going away?  Any updates?
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 2:08:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So are these laws going to be enforced against the hoodrats in the district that she represents, considering that they are the ones that disproportionately violate the existing gun laws? Or are these just some more "Fuck you whitey" anti-gun laws. I'm getting really sick and tired of this cunt and her gun control laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just wait until you see the bill that was circulated today. 20% tax on firearms and ammunition to go to funding gun buybacks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Myself, I am most interested in the bill related to carry on school grounds.  Does "the de facto ban on practical concealed carry for a large portion of the population" have a chance of going away?  Any updates?
View Quote

The bill was DOA because it was introduced way too late in the session. However it looks like it will get done next winter.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Just wait until you see the bill that was circulated today. 20% tax on firearms and ammunition to go to funding gun buybacks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great idea!! Maybe we can tax all our constitutional rights. Like, having a tax on voting too. Oh wait.... that one wasn't allowed, that pesky constitution again.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#27]
I certainly hope that State Republicans are smart enough to use these absurd proposed laws as campaign material. Make it well known that this is what you'll get if the Dems take power. A couple of landslide poundings at the polls just might get these flakes to wise up, and jump off this ridiculous anti-gun bandwagon.  It has really gone into the realm of the surreal.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I certainly hope that State Republicans are smart enough to use these absurd proposed laws as campaign material. Make it well known that this is what you'll get if the Dems take power. A couple of landslide poundings at the polls just might get these flakes to wise up, and jump off this ridiculous anti-gun bandwagon.  It has really gone into the realm of the surreal.
View Quote

Wishful thinking, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 10:03:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly... Gun issues really hurt the Dems outside of Milwaukee and Dane county but don't expect Wisgop to do anything about it.
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top