Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 11:22:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Expungement or not, a conviction for selling dope to school children while disguised as a nun tends to linger.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My frustration is with the NCIC instant check. Regardless of the WI 3 day wait, NCIC always has me "on hold"....

No win....

V
OUT
Expungement or not, a conviction for selling dope to school children while disguised as a nun tends to linger.

LOL

V
OUT
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Getting the run-around from retailers that don't have updated info is going to probably be a pain for a few months too.
View Quote

Agreed.  Even if it does pass in October, it will do so quietly - unlike the 48 hour repeal.  That means it'll probably be January before we can get any decent knives.  But I've got my eye on several already....
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Would this mean that I could go look for my Bali Son butterfly knife that I "lost" many years ago?
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Would this mean that I could go look for my Bali Son butterfly knife that I "lost" many years ago?
View Quote

That's a good question.  Federalist?  What's the word there?  As I understand it, WI defines switchblades and gravity knives (such as balisongs) differently, so if this new law only covers switchblades, you might be ass out still...
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:35:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's a good question.  Federalist?  What's the word there?  As I understand it, WI defines switchblades and gravity knives (such as balisongs) differently, so if this new law only covers switchblades, you might be ass out still...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure. Let me find out.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 10:19:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Technically, the prohibitions on balisongs butterfly knives and gravity knives are tied to the switchblade definition in law. The switchblade definition is being completely removed from law in this bill. As a result, the prohibition on these knives is also being removed.

This is the intent of the bill's author as well as the interpretation of the Legislative Council. There will be a public hearing on this bill in the senate today. I don't believe it will be covered wiseye.

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Your original post indicated this would be heard at 10...  Any word on the status of this?

I'm actually looking forward to this one more than I was the repeal of the 48 hour wait...
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Your original post indicated this would be heard at 10...  Any word on the status of this?

I'm actually looking forward to this one more than I was the repeal of the 48 hour wait...
View Quote

I haven't seen any results yet. Wisconsin Eye didn't cover it or I would have watched.

Senate Calendar With recorded Votes The bill is SB 102

Edit: you have to click on "session history"
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 6:01:52 PM EDT
[#9]
From here... http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2015/related/records/senate/judiciary_and_public_safety/1194339
Committee on Judiciary and Public Safety

Senate Bill 102
Relating to: going armed with a switchblade.
By Senators Moulton, Wanggaard and Harsdorf; cosponsored by Representatives Bernier, Kleefisch, Horlacher, Kremer, Gannon, T. Larson, Mursau, Edming, Ripp, Murtha, Thiesfeldt, Kapenga, Tittl and Krug.
March 27, 2015           Referred to Committee on Judiciary and Public Safety

September 10, 2015    Public Hearing Held

Present:       (5)        Senator Wanggaard; Senators Vukmir, Lasee, Risser and L. Taylor.
Absent:       (0)        None.
Excused:     (0)        None.

Appearances For
·      Representative Kathy Bernier
·      Senator Terry Moulton
·      Todd Rathner - Knife Rights
·      Jeff Nass - Wisconsin FORCE
Appearances Against
·      None.
Appearances for Information Only
·      None.
Registrations For
·      Bob Welch - Wiconsin FORCE
Registrations Against
·      None.
Registrations for Information Only
·      None.
September 10, 2015    Executive Session Held

Present:       (5)        Senator Wanggaard; Senators Vukmir, Lasee, Risser and L. Taylor.
Absent:       (0)        None.
Excused:     (0)        None.

Moved by Senator Vukmir, seconded by Senator Wanggaard that Senate Substitute Amendment 1 be recommended for adoption.

Ayes:     (3)     Senator Wanggaard; Senators Vukmir and Lasee.
Noes:     (2)     Senators Risser and L. Taylor.
SENATE SUBSTITUTE AMENDMENT 1 ADOPTION RECOMMENDED, Ayes 3, Noes 2

Moved by Senator Vukmir, seconded by Senator Lasee that Senate Bill 102 be recommended for passage as amended.

Ayes:     (3)     Senator Wanggaard; Senators Vukmir and Lasee.
Noes:     (2)     Senators Risser and L. Taylor.
PASSAGE AS AMENDED RECOMMENDED, Ayes 3, Noes 2
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Hmmm if it gets legal I might have to look hard for the Gerber auto knife that got lost somewhere also.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#11]
OK, so what's the next step?  Does it go to walker now?  When can I go buy an auto?  Lol
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
OK, so what's the next step?  Does it go to walker now?  When can I go buy an auto?  Lol
View Quote

Votes on the floor of both the assembly and the senate. Getting a bill through committee is the biggest hurdle in our legislature. If someone would have had tried to kill it the bill would be already dead.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 9:07:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Where and we see when those votes have been scheduled for?  Or is there a standard time frame after committee when those votes normally take place?
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Did Taylor make any speeches about how evil and racist this bill would be? Did risser ramble on about nothing?
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Where and we see when those votes have been scheduled for?  Or is there a standard time frame after committee when those votes normally take place?
View Quote

Nope, but I expect a floor session day by the end of the month in each chamber.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Did Taylor make any speeches about how evil and racist this bill would be? Did risser ramble on about nothing?
View Quote

Ugh, probably.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:44:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Agreed.  Even if it does pass in October, it will do so quietly - unlike the 48 hour repeal.  That means it'll probably be January before we can get any decent knives.  But I've got my eye on several already....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Getting the run-around from retailers that don't have updated info is going to probably be a pain for a few months too.

Blade Hq won't let you down. Everything I ordered came through without a hitch.

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe there is an advocacy group working behind the scenes on this one. I would expect them to get the word out.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 10:15:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Any new information this week?  
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Any new information this week?  
View Quote

Senate was in session for about an hour on Wednesday. Nothing important though. I think we will have some movement in the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I believe there is an advocacy group working behind the scenes on this one. I would expect them to get the word out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean I can transport a Vintage Switchblade to and from the theatre ?
So "12 Angry Men" is more realistic, The Gangsters in "Kiss Me Kate" look more sinister ?
The Devil in "Damn Yankees" looks maniacal, when he acts like Jack the Ripper.

Cause I wouldn't have thought of providing such a dangerous item to my fellow actors.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Haven't heard anything in a couple of weeks and thought that I would give this a bump.  I know that these things take a while.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:41:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Haven't heard anything in a couple of weeks and thought that I would give this a bump.  I know that these things take a while.  
View Quote

No doubt.  Can I go buy an auto yet??
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Senate is in next Tuesday and the Assembly is in possibly next Tuesday as well. The calendars for those session days should be out by the end of the week.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#25]
10/12 Campus Carry Act: Revokes the current exception for UW System and Tech Colleges allowing students and faculty to carry a concealed weapon on campus.

This bill will be introduced by Rep Kremer and Sen Lemahieu. It is currently being circulated for cosposnors.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 10:30:54 PM EDT
[#26]
What does that mean exactly?
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:24:39 AM EDT
[#27]
http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/Wisconsin-Republicans-circulate-Campus-Carry-Act-332268622.html

According to the article it would force UW Colleges to allow concealed weapons in buildings. Currently WI state law only forces UW Colleges to allow carry on the grounds but the decision on whether it's allowed inside buildings is left up to the school. You can guess which way the school handled that . As a current UW student with a CCW I would very much welcome this change. Of course once the antis find out about this bill they will start shrieking about how dangerous it would be.

With a solid republican super majority we can make this a reality but we really need to voice our support even to them. A lot of fuddy types would oppose this sadly.

I have no idea why the republicans let the UW schools make the decision about this when they legalized CCW back in 2011. They had to have known the anti gun schools would ban weapons in the buildings making CCW as a student or faculty impossible since you couldn't bring it in the building.

I will contact my state legislators tomorrow morning before class
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#28]
I called my Senator and Rep today and asked them to support the campus carry bill and also the switchblade knife reform bill.

WI would really be moving up to the top of the pro 2a states list quick if this stuff passes
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#29]
https://www.wisconsin.edu/news/archive/uw-system-president-ray-cross-and-uw-system-chancellors-on-campus-concealed-carry-bill/

Looks like the antis are already on to this and unsurprisingly are against it. I made sure to give them a piece of my mind on our UW campus Facebook page. Lets see if its gets deleted
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I called my Senator and Rep today and asked them to support the campus carry bill and also the switchblade knife reform bill.

WI would really be moving up to the top of the pro 2a states list quick if this stuff passes
View Quote

Good!

Who is your senator?
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 12:28:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Harsdorf. She has been very good at getting back to me with letters addressing the specific thing I contact her about.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:14:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I did as well. I have a feeling they would support it anyways, but it's always good to have your voice be heard.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:17:36 AM EDT
[#33]
So im deployed right now, but I work at the UWM veteran center once I'm back at school. Who do I write to about supporting this? If someone can PM me a link or email address I will start hammering them out.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 6:24:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/Wisconsin-Republicans-circulate-Campus-Carry-Act-332268622.html

According to the article it would force UW Colleges to allow concealed weapons in buildings. Currently WI state law only forces UW Colleges to allow carry on the grounds but the decision on whether it's allowed inside buildings is left up to the school. You can guess which way the school handled that . As a current UW student with a CCW I would very much welcome this change. Of course once the antis find out about this bill they will start shrieking about how dangerous it would be.

With a solid republican super majority we can make this a reality but we really need to voice our support even to them. A lot of fuddy types would oppose this sadly.

I have no idea why the republicans let the UW schools make the decision about this when they legalized CCW back in 2011. They had to have known the anti gun schools would ban weapons in the buildings making CCW as a student or faculty impossible since you couldn't bring it in the building.

I will contact my state legislators tomorrow morning before class
View Quote

This should be expanded to support ALL state funded schools.
repeal the school zone / gun free zone.
It's a start. Shove it down their throats!
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 10:50:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

[email protected] (Senate Dist 6)

[email protected] (Assembly Dist 18)

I used the po box address for the UWM campus. Both are (D) for political party.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So im deployed right now, but I work at the UWM veteran center once I'm back at school. Who do I write to about supporting this? If someone can PM me a link or email address I will start hammering them out.

[email protected] (Senate Dist 6)

[email protected] (Assembly Dist 18)

I used the po box address for the UWM campus. Both are (D) for political party.

Goyke is an anti but at least he is nice.

Dodd is
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#37]
So can I buy an auto yet or what?
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 11:37:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Yes, same question here.  :)

Is this up in the senate or assembly?  I'll call both of my reps, but I want to know who to press the most and first.

SV
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 2:42:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yes, same question here.  :)

Is this up in the senate or assembly?  I'll call both of my reps, but I want to know who to press the most and first.

SV
View Quote

It is getting a vote in the Assembly next Tuesday. It is not on the Senate calendar for next week. I expect the Senate to take the Assembly bill and pass it.

Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#40]
So, vote tomorrow, right?

Once that passes, what is the estimated time before it is voted in the Senate and I can go buy an auto.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Once that passes, what is the estimated time before it is voted in the Senate and I can go buy an auto.  
View Quote

beats me? The senate cancelled its session day tomorrow. So now they are even further behind. I'm thinking next week as they will be in a few days possibly. Walker has been signing bills right away so we should have a quick turn around.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Pressure your reps on this.   They need some action on this.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

The bill passes the Assembly on a voice vote.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/assembly-to-vote-on-legalizing-switchblades/36068034

Senate and Walker next.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  

http://www.channel3000.com/news/assembly-to-vote-on-legalizing-switchblades/36068034

Senate and Walker next.

Yup, I don't know how we are on votes in the senate with Senator Roth out on active duty. I assume we are fine so maybe next week.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  

Senate and Walker next.

Yeah, buddy!

I can feel my wallet getting thinner already!  
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#47]
From the link above - "The bill also would prohibit local governments from enacting ordinances or resolutions regulating knives that are stricter than state law."

I've not read the bill, so I was a little surprised that "pre-emption" on local knife regulations is in there too... which is good.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 4:26:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
From the link above - "The bill also would prohibit local governments from enacting ordinances or resolutions regulating knives that are stricter than state law."

I've not read the bill, so I was a little surprised that "pre-emption" on local knife regulations is in there too... which is good.
View Quote

Someone did their homework on the bill.

We just need to get a vote in the senate. Tomorrow's floor session was cancelled so that pushes thing back ever further.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

We just need to get a vote in the senate. Tomorrow's floor session was cancelled so that pushes thing back ever further.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ugh.

Dammit.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:16:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Ugh.

Dammit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ugh.

Dammit.

Maybe Thursday but probably not until the 17th 18th or 19th
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top