Maybe Thursday but probably not until the 17th 18th or 19th
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
From the link above - "The bill also would prohibit local governments from enacting ordinances or resolutions regulating knives that are stricter than state law."

I've not read the bill, so I was a little surprised that "pre-emption" on local knife regulations is in there too... which is good.

Someone did their homework on the bill.

We just need to get a vote in the senate. Tomorrow's floor session was cancelled so that pushes thing back ever further.

Ugh.

Dammit.

Whatever.  Lazy - assed politicians.  If I took half as many off as them I'd be unemployed.  We hired them to represent us, they need to get their asses in there and do their fucking jobs.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 1:08:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Whatever.  Lazy - assed politicians.  If I took half as many off as them I'd be unemployed.  We hired them to represent us, they need to get their asses in there and do their fucking jobs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
From the link above - "The bill also would prohibit local governments from enacting ordinances or resolutions regulating knives that are stricter than state law."

I've not read the bill, so I was a little surprised that "pre-emption" on local knife regulations is in there too... which is good.

Someone did their homework on the bill.

We just need to get a vote in the senate. Tomorrow's floor session was cancelled so that pushes thing back ever further.

Ugh.

Dammit.

Yeah, I'd rather not have these guys passing new laws on a full time basis.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#3]
It looks like there may be a final vote on Fri. We should know by end of the day today
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It looks like there may be a final vote on Fri. We should know by end of the day today
View Quote

Vote Friday?

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:14:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Vote Friday?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vote Friday?

There must be an issue with the calendar as a tentative one should be out but isn't.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 2:11:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There must be an issue with the calendar as a tentative one should be out but isn't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vote Friday?

Yeah, they're probably on vacation again.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#7]
ab 142 Switchblade Bill is not getting a vote in the senate on Friday. It is either dead or would be voted on in January.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 8:08:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

ab 142 Switchblade Bill is not getting a vote in the senate on Friday. It is either dead or would be voted on in January.
View Quote
Well shit

Link Posted: 11/5/2015 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Is GAB reform going to go, or did the hold-outs water it down to the point of being pointless?
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is GAB reform going to go, or did the hold-outs water it down to the point of being pointless?
View Quote

All good despite a minor compromise which doesn't change much of the bill.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

MOTHERFUCKER.

Piece of shit politicians.

Dammit.

:(

Must be nice to have December off.  Lazy bastards.

Thanks for the info..  I'll check back in on this thread again in January.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:08:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

MOTHERFUCKER.

Dammit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MOTHERFUCKER.

Dammit.

I'm thinking it's a vote issue. We have a republican senator on active duty until January and that kills us because we need that vote.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:13:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm thinking it's a vote issue. We have a republican senator on active duty until January and that kills us because we need that vote.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MOTHERFUCKER.

Dammit.

The vote on this bill is THAT tight that we need that one vote?  Sounds like we need to vote our reps a little better in the future....
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 2:21:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MOTHERFUCKER.

Dammit.

Hmmm.... 19 Repubs, 14 Dems in the Senate. If a tie-breaker vote is needed, that'd mean if all Dems oppose (likely) there's also 2 Repubs against it. It'll be interesting to see who those turncoats are.

Better to wait and win, then vote today and lose (a tie will NOT pass the bill).
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hmmm.... 19 Repubs, 14 Dems in the Senate. If a tie-breaker vote is needed, that'd mean if all Dems oppose (likely) there's also 2 Repubs against it. It'll be interesting to see who those turncoats are.

Better to wait and win, then vote today and lose (a tie will NOT pass the bill).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MOTHERFUCKER.

Dammit.

Looks like we are a go for sometime in January. There was a temporary issue that made it not get a vote two weeks ago.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:57:21 PM EDT
[#16]
January?  Lazy bastards.  I want 6 weeks off work, too.

I hope they aren't paid well.

My disdain for the slowness of the process aside, I do appreciate your updates on this, sir.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#17]
cuz its such a big deal...
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Any news on Campus carry
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Any news on Campus carry
View Quote

It appears to be dead. It would need a public hearing before Christmas to be on track to pass by the end of session. The assembly committee on colleges and universities has a hearing next week and it is not being heard.

Link Posted: 12/10/2015 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#20]
What about the switcblade bill?  Dead, or getting voted next month?
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 4:19:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It appears to be dead. It would need a public hearing before Christmas to be on track to pass by the end of session. The assembly committee on colleges and universities has a hearing next week and it is not being heard.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any news on Campus carry

Piss. If it comes back up someone let me know and I'll start mailing letters in again.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

?
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 8:15:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

?

Any news?
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 1:23:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Any news?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

?

Any news?

The senate is in session for a day next week. When I see the schedule I will post back. Currently assembly and senate committees are holding hearings daily to get bills ready for the floor in the coming weeks.

I apologize for not responding sooner.

Edit: In my opinion, this bill should have been voted on and be a done deal last year.

Link Posted: 1/13/2016 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Senate President Lazich is going to circulate a bill to allow firearms on school grounds either today or tomorrow.

I'll post the details when i see them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 7:12:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Details:

Wisconsin’s Guns Free School Zone law is modeled after the Federal Guns Free School Zone law.  The Federal Guns Free School Zone does not prohibit a concealed-carry licensee from possessing a firearm on school grounds.

LRB 1820 mirrors the Federal Guns Free School Zone law by allowing a concealed-carry licensee to carry within a school zone, and provides local control allowing school districts to prohibit carrying within the school buildings.

Wisconsin is the forty-ninth state to permit law-abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons.  An oversight of the Wisconsin concealed-carry law was not reflecting the Federal Guns Free School Zone law by allowing concealed-carry licensees to carry within a school zone.

Concealed carry permit holders are expected to follow the law and must stop their vehicle 1,000 feet from a school on a public road, unholster their gun, unload it, and put it back in their vehicle.  Permitting concealed carry on school grounds while transporting children makes Wisconsin law compatible with Federal law and allows law-abiding citizens to transport children without committing a felony.

To clarify, this legislation is modeled after the Federal Guns Free School Zone law making it legal to carry a concealed weapon on school grounds while simultaneously allowing school boards and administrators to determine whether or not to permit the carry of concealed weapons within their local schools.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 2:57:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Please forgive my ineptitude here as I have not followed this as closely as I should have. My residence is basically across  3-4 street widths from our HS.(wooded area / fields), Also one child has friends literally across street from school(3 diff schools total). Am I screwed? I cannot leave my abode armed? 1000'? (can provide basic google map for info) Just checking as pd looooooooooooooooves me and if actually caught would not have any problem taking care of me w/o any lube.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 8:17:42 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Details:

Wisconsin’s Guns Free School Zone law is modeled after the Federal Guns Free School Zone law.  The Federal Guns Free School Zone does not prohibit a concealed-carry licensee from possessing a firearm on school grounds.

LRB 1820 mirrors the Federal Guns Free School Zone law by allowing a concealed-carry licensee to carry within a school zone, and provides local control allowing school districts to prohibit carrying within the school buildings.

Wisconsin is the forty-ninth state to permit law-abiding citizens to carry concealed weapons.  An oversight of the Wisconsin concealed-carry law was not reflecting the Federal Guns Free School Zone law by allowing concealed-carry licensees to carry within a school zone.

Concealed carry permit holders are expected to follow the law and must stop their vehicle 1,000 feet from a school on a public road, unholster their gun, unload it, and put it back in their vehicle.  Permitting concealed carry on school grounds while transporting children makes Wisconsin law compatible with Federal law and allows law-abiding citizens to transport children without committing a felony.

To clarify, this legislation is modeled after the Federal Guns Free School Zone law making it legal to carry a concealed weapon on school grounds while simultaneously allowing school boards and administrators to determine whether or not to permit the carry of concealed weapons within their local schools.
View Quote
Much of the above is NOT TRUE.

Dude, I hope you don't carry if you don't know this stuff.  

They are talking about open carriers and what they have to do.  A CCW allows you to walk right up to the school grounds and fart if you want (concealed).  Step on grounds, and it's a felony.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They are talking about open carriers and what they have to do.  A CCW allows you to walk right up to the school grounds and fart if you want (concealed).  Step on grounds, and it's a felony.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Details:

The details were copied and pasted from the author's memo sent out last night. I should have noted what was wrong with the memo I posted. My apology.

Edit: I went back and checked the memo. The following is the legal analysis of the bill.

Current law prohibits a person from possessing a firearm on the grounds of a school.  A person who violates this prohibition is guilty of a Class I felony.  Under this bill, a person who has a license to carry a concealed weapon may possess a firearm on the grounds of a school but is prohibited from possessing a firearm in a building on the grounds of a school if instruction is provided to students in the building and if the building has signs posted at all entrances that notify the licensee not to enter or remain in the building while possessing a firearm.  A licensee who violates the prohibition is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor unless the licensee has a malicious intent, in which case the licensee is guilty of a Class I felony.

Link Posted: 1/14/2016 11:50:46 PM EDT
[#30]
http://m.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/vos-assembly-unlikely-to-take-up-school-gun-measure-this-year-b99652170z1-365356421.html

WTF. Not a priority my posterior. Lackies need to remember who put them there.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 11:54:32 PM EDT
[#31]
tag
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#32]
The switchblade bill will be getting a vote in the senate on the 20th. It is then on to the gov's desk.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 2:09:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

The switchblade bill will be getting a vote in the senate on the 20th. It is then on to the gov's desk.
View Quote
THAT is the one I am waiting for.

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#34]
1/19: The Senate will vote on the following two bills tomorrow. They will then go to the governor.

Assembly Bill 13. Relating to: the return of a seized firearm to the person who owns the firearm.
Assembly Bill 142. Relating to: going armed with a switchblade. (Companion Senate Bill 102 report Senate Substitute Amendment 1 adoption, Ayes 3, Noes 2, passage as amended recommended by committee on Judiciary and Public Safety, Ayes 3, Noes 2)

1/19 The following 4 bill has been circulated by Rep. Subeck. (I will post her cosposorship memos on the current page of the thread).

LRB-4423 Relating to: storage of a firearm in residence if child is present and providing a criminal penalty
LRB-4412 Relating to: storage of a firearm in a house in which a resident is prohibited from possessing a firearm and providing a criminal penalty.
LRB-4400 Relating to: containers or trigger locks provided at a firearm sale and providing a criminal penalty.
LRB-4399 Relating to: a requirement to report lost or stolen firearms and providing criminal penalties.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:43:50 PM EDT
[#35]
DATE: January 18, 2015
RE: Co-Sponsorship of LRB-4399 Relating to: a requirement to report lost or stolen firearms and providing criminal penalties.
DEADLINE: Friday, January 22 by 5pm.

Today, I am circulating four bills as part of a “Safe Storage for Gun Safety” package. This bill is one piece of this package of legislation to keep guns out of the hands of those who should not possess them.

Gun violence plagues our nation, posing a serious public health and public safety crisis. As legislators, we have a responsibility to enact common sense safety reforms to prevent gun violence in our state.

Much of this gun violence occurs when legally owned guns get into the hands of the wrong people. For example, the U.S. Secret Service and U.S. Department of Education published a study examining 37 school shootings from 1974-2000.  That study found that in more than 65% of the cases, the attacker got the gun from his or her own home or that of a relative. More recently, the shooter in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting used guns belonging to his mother.

Lost and stolen firearms also present a significant risk, as according to a 2012 United States Department of Justice Report, “Those that steal firearms commit violent crimes with stolen guns, transfer stolen firearms to others who commit crimes, and create an unregulated secondary market for those who are prohibited by law from possessing a gun.” The same Department of Justice report indicates that of 1,944 firearms reported lost or stolen in Wisconsin in 2012, 1,882 of those firearms were stolen. Only 157 of those thefts were from Federal Firearms Licensees (FFL), meaning the vast majority of stolen firearms were the result of thefts or burglaries from individual gun owners. This number is likely even higher, according to the DOJ, because of the number of firearms lost or stolen from individuals other than FFLs that may go unreported.

Many guns that are lost or stolen end up being used to commit subsequent crimes.  A U.S. Department of the Treasury study revealed that nearly a quarter of ATF gun trafficking investigations involved stolen firearms and were associated with over 11,000 trafficked firearms. Ten percent of these investigations involved guns stolen from residences.

Not only do we have a problem with intentional gun violence when guns end up in the hands of those determined to cause harm, but too often we see the tragedies that result from unintentional shootings, particularly when children get a hold of guns. Between 1999 and 2010, over 8,300 people in the United States were reported as dying from unintentional shootings, including 2,383 children and young adults under the age of 21. According to CDC statistics compiled by the Brady Campaign, an average of 3,185 children and teens were injured or killed as the result of unintentional shootings each year during the 5 year period of 2009 – 2013.

It is imperative that we keep guns out of the hands of children and out of the hands of individuals intending to do harm. I am introducing a “Safe Storage for Gun Safety” package of bills to address the serious problems that occur when guns end up in the hands of those who should not use them.

Please consider co-sponsoring LRB-4399, part of the “Safe Storage for Gun Safety” package, which would require lost or stolen firearms within 24 hours of discovering they are lost or stolen. This legislation enables law enforcement to trace guns more effectively and makes the successful prosecution of users of stolen guns more likely.

If you would like to co-sponsor LRB-4399, please respond to this email or call Rep. Subeck’s office at 266-7521 by 5pm on Friday, January 22.

Analysis by the Legislative Reference Bureau
Under this bill, a person who owns a firearm that is stolen or missing must report the theft or loss to a law enforcement agency within 24 hours of discovering the theft or loss.  A person who violates this requirement is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor for a first offense and guilty of a Class I felony for a second or subsequent offense.  A person who falsely reports a stolen or lost firearm is guilty of the current-law crime of obstructing an officer and is subject to a fine of up to $10,000 or a sentence of imprisonment of up to nine months, or both.

This bill also requires a person who commercially sells or transfers a firearm to provide the purchaser or transferee a written notice of the requirement, created in this bill, to report a theft or loss of a firearm within 24 hours of discovering it.  A seller or transferor who violates this requirement is subject to a fine of up to $500 or imprisonment for up to 30 days, or both
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:44:29 PM EDT
[#36]
RE: Co-Sponsorship of LRB-4400 Relating to: containers or trigger locks provided at a firearm sale and providing a criminal penalty.

Today, I am circulating four bills as part of a “Safe Storage for Gun Safety” package. This bill is one piece of this package of legislation to keep guns out of the hands of those who should not possess them.

Gun violence plagues our nation, posing a serious public health and public safety crisis. As legislators, we have a responsibility to enact common sense safety reforms to prevent gun violence in our state.

Much of this gun violence occurs when legally owned guns get into the hands of the wrong people. For example, the U.S. Secret Service and U.S. Department of Education published a study examining 37 school shootings from 1974-2000.  That study found that in more than 65% of the cases, the attacker got the gun from his or her own home or that of a relative. More recently, the shooter in the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting used guns belonging to his mother.

Lost and stolen firearms also present a significant risk, as according to a 2012 United States Department of Justice Report, “Those that steal firearms commit violent crimes with stolen guns, transfer stolen firearms to others who commit crimes, and create an unregulated secondary market for those who are prohibited by law from possessing a gun.” The same Department of Justice report indicates that of 1,944 firearms reported lost or stolen in Wisconsin in 2012, 1,882 of those firearms were stolen. Only 157 of those thefts were from Federal Firearms Licensees (FFL), meaning the vast majority of stolen firearms were the result of thefts or burglaries from individual gun owners. This number is likely even higher, according to the DOJ, because of the number of firearms lost or stolen from individuals other than FFLs that may go unreported.

Many guns that are lost or stolen end up being used to commit subsequent crimes.  A U.S. Department of the Treasury study revealed that nearly a quarter of ATF gun trafficking investigations involved stolen firearms and were associated with over 11,000 trafficked firearms. Ten percent of these investigations involved guns stolen from residences.

Not only do we have a problem with intentional gun violence when guns end up in the hands of those determined to cause harm, but too often we see the tragedies that result from unintentional shootings, particularly when children get a hold of guns. Between 1999 and 2010, over 8,300 people in the United States were reported as dying from unintentional shootings, including 2,383 children and young adults under the age of 21. According to CDC statistics compiled by the Brady Campaign, an average of 3,185 children and teens were injured or killed as the result of unintentional shootings each year during the 5 year period of 2009 – 2013.

It is imperative that we keep guns out of the hands of children and out of the hands of individuals intending to do harm. I am introducing a “Safe Storage for Gun Safety” package of bills to address the serious problems that occur when guns end up in the hands of those who should not use them.
Please consider co-sponsoring LRB-4400, part of the “Safe Storage for Gun Safety” package, which would require that during a sale or transfer of a firearm, the seller provide the individual receiving the gun with a secure lockable container or trigger lock for the firearm.

If you would like to co-sponsor LRB-4400, please respond to this email or call Rep. Subeck’s office at 266-7521 by 5pm on Friday, January 22.

This bill requires a person who commercially sells or transfers a firearm to provide the purchaser or transferee with either a secure, lockable container that is designed to store a firearm or a trigger lock for the firearm. A seller or transferor who violates this requirement is subject to a fine of up to $500 or imprisonment for up to 30 days, or both.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:45:01 PM EDT
[#37]
RE: Co-Sponsorship of LRB-4412 Relating to: storage of a firearm in a house in which a resident is prohibited from possessing a firearm and providing a criminal penalty.

Please consider co-sponsoring LRB-4412, part of the “Safe Storage for Gun Safety” package, which requires a gun owner to store firearms in a locked container or with a locking device engaged, except when carrying the firearm, if a person who cannot legally possess a firearm lives in the residence.

If you would like to co-sponsor LRB-4412, please respond to this email or call Rep. Subeck’s office at 266-7521 by 5pm on Friday, January 22.

This bill requires a person to store any firearm he or she possesses in a securely locked box or container or other secure locked location or with a trigger lock engaged if the person resides with a person who is prohibited from possessing a firearm under state law. A person who violates this requirement is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor for a first offense and a Class I felony for a second or subsequent offense.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 11:45:41 PM EDT
[#38]
RE: Co-Sponsorship of LRB-4423 Relating to: storage of a firearm in residence if child is present and providing a criminal penalty.

Please consider co-sponsoring LRB-4423, part of the “Safe Storage for Gun Safety” package, which requires a gun owner to store firearms in a locked container or have a locking device engaged, except when carrying the firearm, if there is a child living in the residence or if a child is present in the residence.

If you would like to co-sponsor LRB-4423, please respond to this email or call Rep. Subeck’s office at 266-7521 by 5pm on Friday, January 22.

This bill prohibits a person from storing or leaving a firearm at his or her residence in any place other than in a securely locked box or container or other secure locked location or with a trigger lock engaged if the person resides with a child who is under the age of 18 or if the person knows a child who is under the age of 18 will be present in the person’s residence. A person who violates this requirement is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor for a first offense and a Class I felony for a second or subsequent offense. This replaces the current law that penalizes a person who recklessly stores or leaves a loaded firearm within reach of a child who is under 14 if the child obtains it and does one of the following: 1) discharges the firearm and causes bodily harm or death (Class A misdemeanor) or 2) possesses or exhibits the firearm in a public place or endangers public safety (Class C misdemeanor).
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 12:07:03 PM EDT
[#39]
I just heard an interview with our local school district administrator on local radio news broadcast, talking about the carry on school grounds bill with ccw license. As is to be expected I guess, they have it all wrong. They were saying the bill would allow ccw IN SCHOOL BUILDINGS.

You'd think a radio news reporter, and school district administrator who makes a 6 figure salary, could be able to read and comprehend the (below) legal analysis of the bill before making public comments.

The following is the legal analysis of the bill.

Current law prohibits a person from possessing a firearm on the grounds of a school. A person who violates this prohibition is guilty of a Class I felony. Under this bill, a person who has a license to carry a concealed weapon may possess a firearm on the grounds of a school but is prohibited from possessing a firearm in a building on the grounds of a school if instruction is provided to students in the building and if the building has signs posted at all entrances that notify the licensee not to enter or remain in the building while possessing a firearm. A licensee who violates the prohibition is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor unless the licensee has a malicious intent, in which case the licensee is guilty of a Class I felony.

(bold type is mine)

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I just heard an interview with our local school district administrator on local radio news broadcast, talking about the carry on school grounds bill with ccw license. As is to be expected I guess, they have it all wrong. They were saying the bill would allow ccw IN SCHOOL BUILDINGS.

You'd think a radio news reporter, and school district administrator who makes a 6 figure salary, could be able to read and comprehend the (below) legal analysis of the bill before making public comments.

Current law prohibits a person from possessing a firearm on the grounds of a school. A person who violates this prohibition is guilty of a Class I felony. Under this bill, a person who has a license to carry a concealed weapon may possess a firearm on the grounds of a school but is prohibited from possessing a firearm in a building on the grounds of a school if instruction is provided to students in the building and if the building has signs posted at all entrances that notify the licensee not to enter or remain in the building while possessing a firearm. A licensee who violates the prohibition is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor unless the licensee has a malicious intent, in which case the licensee is guilty of a Class I felony.

(bold type is mine)

View Quote

I am assuming that if this bill would become law that most school districts would post their buildings as the bill allows. The sky is falling is a much easier argument for this guy  to make.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.   Any word on the vote yet?
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are in session now. I see it in the list. Not sure beyond that.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm guessing a late evening vote. They are on the floor until midnight. There are two abortion bills up for a vote and the dems are beating that horse thoroughly.

The vote will be a voice vote and probably no debate.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm guessing a late evening vote. They are on the floor until midnight. There are two abortion bills up for a vote and the dems are beating that horse thoroughly.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THAT works for me. Was it too soon to order an Ultratech?
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I am assuming that if this bill would become law that most school districts would post their buildings as the bill allows. The sky is falling is a much easier argument for this guy  to make.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(bold type is mine)

The school district in question here already has everything posted. I'd say it's pretty difficult for an administrator with a PHD to misconstrue the law if he actually had read it, before taking a "reactionary" firm stand against it.

Moral of the story here is -  "propaganda" works, even on supposedly intelligent people.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 9:35:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Switchblade Bill and Return of a Seized Firearm passed the Senate.

I will try to find info on signings tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:30:58 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Awesome.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:52:06 PM EDT
[#50]
AFAIK, once a passed bill hits his desk for signature, he has a certain amount of time to act on it... either sign it, or veto it. If he does nothing, it becomes law when the time limit has expired (takes effect 24hrs after published in State Journal, unless there's a specific date in the bill for it to take effect, like the ccw bill had to wait until Nov.1st after he signed it in July).

I want to say 7 days is that time limit for action, but I could be wrong. I remember back in 2006, we were all waiting on Doyle to act on the newly passed CCW bill... he waited until the last day to veto it.

edit: I looked it up... he has 6 days (not including Sunday) to act on a bill. No action after 6 days, it becomes law without his signature.

Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top