Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2014 7:36:36 AM EDT
Need to run about 50 rounds through my 1911 before I turn run about 500 rounds through the progressive press this weekend.  Schedule hasn't allowed me to go to my public range in the area.  Is anyone familiar with a rifle range between Madison and Eau Claire that is a public range I could use?

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I know the Menominee shooting range is right off I-94, but that is just a short drive west of Eau Claire. Nice range, has public hours.  I used to instruct Appleseed there on occasion.  Here is a link...

Menominee Rifle & Pistol Club

Good shooting!
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats the range I normally go to.  Won't be able go there today.  I'm working in Madison today and I'll be driving back home to Eau Claire.  Was hoping to stop at a range on the way home.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I use this one quite frequently. $5 an hour.

M & M Sport Shop & Shooting Range, LLC
N6772 Germantown Road
New Lisbon, WI 53950

ETA: Outdoors. 25y pistol. 100y and 300y rifle.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Max Creek outdoors in Oregon just opened their 50' indoor range. I think they said $28 per hour?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

N6772 Germantown Road
New Lisbon, WI 53950

View Quote

Are you from New Lisbon?
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thats the range I normally go to.  Won't be able go there today.  I'm working in Madison today and I'll be driving back home to Eau Claire.  Was hoping to stop at a range on the way home.
View Quote

Stop at the Gander Mountain in Deforest, they have an indoor range right off the highway only a few minutes from Madison. I would suggest calling ahead and reserving a lane, or you might have a long wait or not be able to get on at all.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#7]
The range in new Lisbon worked out great.  Only a few minutes off the highway and cheap.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:04:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Stop at the Gander Mountain in Deforest, they have an indoor range right off the highway only a few minutes from Madison. I would suggest calling ahead and reserving a lane, or you might have a long wait or not be able to get on at all.
View Quote

Are they still that busy?  Last time I was there the place was a ghost town.  One person in live fire range, crickets chirping in the virtual ranges.  But, then again I'm not in there too often.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Are you from New Lisbon?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

N6772 Germantown Road
New Lisbon, WI 53950

Are you from New Lisbon?

Not in the town itself, but close enough.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:18:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Are they still that busy?  Last time I was there the place was a ghost town.  One person in live fire range, crickets chirping in the virtual ranges.  But, then again I'm not in there too often.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know how busy they've been recently, or even what it's like on a normal weekday. It's been a while since I've been in there, and it was always on a weekend, but I had a bit of a wait the last 2 times I went, and the second time I wouldn't have gotten on if they didn't have a no-show. I just didn't want him to show up and not be able to shoot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top