Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2014 10:53:06 AM EDT
After Christmas I anticipate having all the parts needed to make a Keezer for my better half.  She is the beer meister, chemist, brewer, not me so I am not the beer expert.  However, I have been reading up on how to keg beer because all these bottles are madness.  Plus I personally don't drink a lot of beer but a small draught now and then has its appeal.  The freezer I have for this will easily hold 3 corny kegs, the CO2 bottle and all the hoses without having to build a collar or raise the lid up.  I plan to stick a 3 tap tower on top and maybe put the freezer on wheels.

Simple project to start, maybe paint it first, not building a fancy bar this time around.  I just want to get her to the next level with kegs.

I bought a pair of used kegs from here:
Corny Kegs

Any free advice
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Your woman brews beer??  Did you post here to brag?

Bottles are a pain at times, but it helps regulate my beer consumption.  Thought about getting into kegging for a while now, but think it'll be way too easy to drink too much.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]
For me the kegs will be nice because I can have a small beer when I feel like it.  From a gear whore perspective, I like the whole concept.  She made a batch or two of beer she didn't like but some of my uncouth, uncultured buddies liked it so I supplied two deer camps with "upscale" beer just to get the damn bottles emptied out.  THEN I found another 12 pack of large bottles of the crap the other day, I dumped it so she could use the bottles this weekend.  She won't even give beer away to friends if she thinks it sucks.  Luckily I have friends who have had her good beers but have low enough standards to drink the swill and still see her as being cool!  I keep bitching that she should stick to the stuff she is good at, one of which I like, but true brewers seem drawn to experiment.

Regardless, this bottle shit is a lot of work, takes up space and I am over it.

I probably should brag about her more often, but I am not the best cheerleader.  If you want one like her, just go find a "Hippie" and stick a gun in her hands.  I found out a long time ago most Hippies are 54% Libertarian and the fastest to unlock that side of them is a Day at the range with an Ass load of firepower and gun lovin' friends.  You just learn to like color schemes that match grateful dead stuff.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:21:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Built a kegerator once, but never a keezer.

Lots of good pics for ideas if you image search.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:16:20 AM EDT
[#4]
If you haven't checked out the Homebrewtalk forum yet, its a fantastic resource.  Lots of good stuff on building keezers.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f252/
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you haven't checked out the Homebrewtalk forum yet, its a fantastic resource.  Lots of good stuff on building keezers.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f252/
View Quote

This is solid advice. HBT is the arf of the brewing world.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:33:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Free advice is that it's horrible.

I never considered myself much of a drinker, got that out of my system in my college days.

I got the parts for a draft system and it's the worst. It's way to convenient to have a beer now, just grab a glass and hit the tap. "Hey, we just drank 5 gallons of beer in a couple of months?"

The upside is no more bottles to deal with, get some nice growlers if you want to share with friends.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top