collapsible baton

Are they legal in WI?

Thanks for any info on this-Todd
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#1]
legal with Concealed weapons license
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I second the above. Technically, you could get charged for carrying a folding knife without a CCW permit if you happen to use it for - or articulate it's use for self-defense.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 11:59:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Where does 'beat them with a baton' fit on your use of force spectrum?

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:41:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where does 'beat them with a baton' fit on your use of force spectrum?

View Quote

Apparently you have never been in a long term relationship.

Although I personally find mace is a better option over a baton.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:43:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies guys looking for one for the daughter she has her CCW but has to leave it in the car, (can't carry while at work hospital) so she is gunless while walking from the parking structure to the hospital and back to her car. I got her pepperspray but looking at other options.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#6]
A few years ago when I was new to WI I started a thread in here about pepper sprays.  The good stuff with OC in it is not allowed to be sold in the state but you can have it.  Mine was all purchased out of state.  I prefer the larger cans over the keychain sized stuff.  No sooner did I give everyone
New ones and multiples for purses, vehicles and doorways, my Mom used hers on a dog.  I think mace is about as low as I want to go.  Yes we all carry knives too but that is because it is better than a bare fist.  Batons are for cops and really require some training to use properly to disable someone quickly.  Need more than mace, add a Second can and something pointed and sharp on the key chain.

A loud ass whistle too.  Crooks don't like noise
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Pepper spray laws have been changed since Dec 2013 when Act 77 was signed by the Gov.

minor can possess if parents give it to them.
concentration of 10% or less
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:00:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies guys looking for one for the daughter she has her CCW but has to leave it in the car, (can't carry while at work hospital) so she is gunless while walking from the parking structure to the hospital and back to her car. I got her pepperspray but looking at other options.
View Quote

look at the Asp Plain clothes Batons they have a lightweight 16 inch baton that fits into blue jeans back pocket

Concealable Asp baton
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think there is anything establishing a definition yet, let alone case law.

link to previous question

V
OUT
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:38:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I had my state assemblyman Kevin Peterson ask the DOJ for a definition of Billy club and the DOJ's response was any baton the police would use.
I also asked about getting it defined in the law and was told "that wont happen"
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess I would get that in writing so I wouldn't be the first to make case law ...haha

V
OUT
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I guess I would get that in writing so I wouldn't be the first to make case law ...haha

V
OUT
View Quote

I asked for it in writing and again was told " that wont happen"
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

V
OUT

Haha

Figures, no surprises

V
OUT
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Her objective would probably be to get away from any attacker, not subdue a resisting suspect. As it's been said before, you need some training to be effective with an expandable baton, and it's effectiveness will be dictated by how hard you can swing it (I'm guessing she's of smaller stature). I would recommend against the baton and just go with the OC. Spray and escape, and it'll give her some delay time to get to her gun if the attacker is really determined.

ETA: In which case, getting in close with a baton is probably a bad idea, the perp needs lead poisoning, not love taps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top