Page / 2
Posted: 10/29/2014 7:46:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Heard that on the news today here
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
WOOT!

Looks like we are going to pick up seats in the assembly as well.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Wasn't the recall supposedly 50/50 then walker won by more than he did in the first election? I wouldn't be surprised if he won easily.

Edit:

He won by 1% more in the recall. The poll I saw on the news the other day had him winning in all counties except Milwaukee and Dane. In the recall he lost 12 counties.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:41:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I will have to hang around our small town polling place after dark and see how many license plates from Illinois there are this year.....
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#5]
People better not bank on the poll and skip voting. This could be a close race. Lots of people simply voting anti walker.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:39:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
People better not bank on the poll and skip voting. This could be a close race. Lots of people simply voting anti walker.
View Quote

I agree, The first thing I thought about after see that poll.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:03:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I never trust polling. This race will be close. I think we're talking less than 2% will separate them in the end.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I never trust polling. This race will be close. I think we're talking less than 2% will separate them in the end.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The MU poll is uncannily accurate on recent year races.  So it's results does show this race is about voter turn out.  Walker has a slight upper hand, but you fuckers have to get you and all your friends out to vote :)  Drag em to the polls if you have to.  Don't let up.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:31:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The MU poll is uncannily accurate on recent year races.  So it's results does show this race is about voter turn out.  Walker has a slight upper hand, but you fuckers have to get you and all your friends out to vote :)  Drag em to the polls if you have to.  Don't let up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vote early and vote often!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hey, this is the 3rd time I've voted for Walker............
in 4 years :)

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:12:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Burke is fucking clown shoes.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Burke is fucking clown shoes.
View Quote
This.  Circus Parade with the plagiarism and amateur history.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#13]
I believe it is going to be a blow out in Walkers favor.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Great news!  That means I don't have to vote because he's already going to win!

Was it Heisenburg or Einstein that said you can't measure a system without affecting it?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:33:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Was it Heisenburg or Einstein that said you can't measure a system without affecting it?
View Quote

I'm not certain.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#16]
The thing is, the "fired for incompetence" story didn't have a chance to get around before the latest poll, so who knows how many votes that will affect.

As already said, don't skip the vote because Walker is ahead in a poll. Get out there and vote!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:01:17 PM EDT
[#18]
i wonder how many dead bodies will show up at the polls lol

i love Waukesha County...i think for every burke sign i see, i see 1000 Walker signs lol

just voted today...i have a good feeling about next Tuesday!!

WALKER!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I believe it is going to be a blow out in Walkers favor.

View Quote

I hope you're right.

The last thing this state would need is a re-count and the ensuing media and litigation circus.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Voted today.  Wore my NRA hat.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:41:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Signs seem about even here in Manitowoc county.

Recall election, my wife and i did a canoe trip on a river and put on 300 miles of driving to and from. We saw only one sign that wasn't for Walker the entire time.

This one will be close. it didn't have to be.
Two things would have shut that crass, clueless and classless commie hag down:

1.The 250,000 jobs he didn't get to create.

"It's hard to create jobs when you have to stop and run again for your job, but we did get 110,000! And that's a lot better than going in the hole, where we were"

2. They should have (all R candidates) fought back on the whole "women make less than men for the same job" bullshit.

One 30 second ad, asking people to take twenty seconds to pull out their phones and google the Fair Pay act of 1963 would disprove all this BS. They need to call out these liberal assholes and ask for proof of an ad running in any paper, website, etc where it states that there are positions open and the "male rate" is any different than the "female rate"

He would be 30 points ahead.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:04:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Scott Walker for President
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Scott Walker for President
View Quote

No.

The longer we can keep Walker as governor, and a republican majority in the legislature, the better for the state.

I'd like to see him get a 3rd term at least before he tries for president.

The longer we stay red, the more we'll diminish the blues power in this state, and show how much better off we are as a red state.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#24]
The only person more upset about Walker winning than the union bosses and communists will be Chris Christie.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#25]
What is good about the Marquette poll and the Burke firing story at this point is the potential for down ticket turnout suppression on the dem. side of the ticket. Right now, GAB is predicting 56.5% turnout,which is slightly lower than the turnout during the recall.

Why is this important?

Well, in Wisconsin, we as conservatives are outnumbered. Sure the first half of the population that shows up to vote is split about 50/50, but after that we start to reach the realm of diminished returns.  The second half of the populous is much more FSA oriented, which means that lower turnout in most cases is helpful to conservatives.(Spring election cycles are a different discussion)

So where is this important?

In places like the 25th, 17th, and 9th Senate Districts, that is where.

9th should be good to go; Roth is holding is own. Marlklein in 17th is a campaign animal, and wins races he has no business winning (his AD district is like a 41% Rep. district), so I think he will be OK As well. The real test should be in races like the 25th SD or the 85AD, which either lean Dem. (25th-47% Rep.) or are held by a Dem. (85th)

If those go our way, it is a major victory for the conservative movement in our state. Especially the race for 25th; if we can take that one, which we have an outside shot at doing, it really opens the door for some aggressive legislation next cycle.

The Gov. can only sign the bills that hit his desk, and last session, the state senate was the hold up to some good stuff. A win in the 25th, which would require everything to go right for us, would be the biggest thing to happen on election night that no one outside of Madison would really know about.  It would be huge.

Of course the best thing that is going to happen is that Glenn Grothman, is going to win in the 6th, and we will have the most conservative congressman in the US,(or at least tied for the most conservative) coming out of the state of Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What is good about the Marquette poll and the Burke firing story at this point is the potential for down ticket turnout suppression on the dem. side of the ticket. Right now, GAB is predicting 56.5% turnout,which is slightly lower than the turnout during the recall.

Why is this important?

Well, in Wisconsin, we as conservatives are outnumbered. Sure the first half of the population that shows up to vote is split about 50/50, but after that we start to reach the realm of diminished returns.  The second half of the populous is much more FSA oriented, which means that lower turnout in most cases is helpful to conservatives.(Spring election cycles are a different discussion)

So where is this important?

In places like the 25th, 17th, and 9th Senate Districts, that is where.

9th should be good to go; Roth is holding is own. Marlklein in 17th is a campaign animal, and wins races he has no business winning (his AD district is like a 41% Rep. district), so I think he will be OK As well. The real test should be in races like the 25th SD or the 85AD, which either lean Dem. (25th-47% Rep.) or are help by a Dem. (85th)

If those go our way, it is a major victory for the conservative movement in our state. Especially the race for 25th; if can take that one, which we have an outside shot at doing, it really opens the door for some aggressive legislation next cycle.

The Gov. can only sign the bills that hit his desk, and last session, the state senate was the hold up to some good stuff. A win in the 25th, which would require everything to go right for us, would be the biggest thing to happen on election night that no one outside of Madison would really know about.  It would be huge.

Of course the best thing that is going to happen is that Glenn Grothman, is going to win in the 6th, and we will have the most conservative congressman in the US,(or at least tied for the most conservative) coming out of the state of Wisconsin.
View Quote

Thanks for the good news bud.....good to see you posting again.....
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 2:19:25 PM EDT
[#27]
I am around from time to time.  Been pretty busy, but enjoy following the conversations when I can.

Hope you are doing well.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 3:18:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Threw my ballot in the mail today. I'm nervous.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I am around from time to time.  Been pretty busy, but enjoy following the conversations when I can.

Hope you are doing well.

View Quote

I am thanks.......elections tomorrow and hockey right aroud the corner eh?
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 4:05:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

Hope it wasn't in the Neenah mail................otherwise it's in the trash with the rest of the GOP mailers there...

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 4:24:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 4:34:00 PM EDT
[#32]
The Burke campaign is running attack ads on Walker using swastikas.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#33]
tomorrow is the day, ...good luck, and I hope y'all re-elect walker.... a third time!!!

VOTE!
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The Burke campaign is running attack ads on Walker using swastikas.
View Quote

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black...

Someone in a letter to the editor actually used the word "Drakonian" to describe the voter ID law... It is amazing the fickleness of the ultra-libs when they think it impacts their stealing elections but think it is OK to require your first born to purchase a firearm.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Good luck to all of you north of the IL border.  I'll be praying that your state doesn't go full retard.

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:39:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Good luck to all of you north of the IL border.  I'll be praying that your state doesn't go full retard.

View Quote

Well if you'd keep the other FIBs down on your side of the border I wouldn't have driven past all those "vote bus" vans with IL plates in the ghetto this morning...

Seriously, I am worried about the level of activity around here because normally these cretins aren't visible and moving about outside until late morning or early afternoon.  Lots of "not for profit" workers wearing ID lanyards and driving those vote buses...

I am excited to vote for Grothman, but I am still worried we won't get anyone nearly as good as him for state Senate now.  I feel like we need to have our state leadership squared away as I think the federal level is going to become less important over the next 5-10 years...
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:44:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Hope it wasn't in the Neenah mail................otherwise it's in the trash with the rest of the GOP mailers there...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha no, it's coming from NJ.

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 1:06:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope you are doing well.

Hockey is never over in this state.

Yes, glad election day is finally here, now we all can go and do our part.

Working through my phone today, calling people that need to be called, and reminding them to get to the polls. I hope everyone else is doing the same.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Working through my phone today, calling people that need to be called, and reminding them to get to the polls. I hope everyone else is doing the same.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope you are doing well.

LOL I meant outdoors......lake hockey
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#40]
My sister's kid and my kid have gymnastics together.  My wife said today at gymnastics my niece kept saying "Remember to vote Mary Burke" like a parrot.  This is a 7yr old.  How nice of the teacher to influence a child like that.

So glad my kids are homeschooled.  

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:18:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My sister's kid and my kid have gymnastics together.  My wife said today at gymnastics my niece kept saying "Remember to vote Mary Burke" like a parrot.  This is a 7yr old.  How nice of the teacher to influence a child like that.

View Quote

You're surprised they'd use a kid? Not me. Democrats are scumbags.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So how's our guy doing at 7:30 PM ?
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This...

As a former WI resident I'm definately rooting for Walker...

Other than one really awful referendum (594, background checks) & one really good one (591), WA has no really competitive races....
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Welp, polls closed in WI.  Now the 4-5 hour wait ;)
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#45]
anxiously hoping for walker to win!!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:32:00 PM EDT
[#46]
NBC

64.5% 12,570 Walker
34.7%   6,758 Burke
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
NBC

64.5% 12,570 Walker
34.7%   6,758 Burke
View Quote

Walker 101,313
Burke 71,106

WI vote
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:48:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Real nail biter, right?  
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#49]
thanks thats the best site for following WI elections
Current Election Results WI state wide with county by county link
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#50]

upload pictures online

Walker's bus for the past week or so.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top