Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2014 11:19:36 AM EDT
http://watchdog.org/179822/mary-burke-trek-sales/
MADISON, Wis. — In attempting to explain her two-year work hiatus in the early to mid-1990s, Democratic gubernatorial candidate Mary Burke has said she was just burned out after an intense period of leading European operations for Trek Bicycle Corp., her family’s Waterloo-based global manufacturer.

In fact, Burke apparently was fired by her own family following steep
overseas financial losses and plummeting morale among Burke’s European
sales staff, multiple former Trek executives and employees told Wisconsin Reporter.

The sales team threatened to quit if Burke was not removed from her
position as director of European Operations, according to Gary Ellerman,
who served as Trek’s human resources director for 12 21 years.
His account was confirmed by three other former employees.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope this goes mainstream.
This could be our October surprise.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:58:12 PM EDT
[#3]
So now a majority of her voting base has even more in common with her.  This will probably help her more.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Sadly this will not make the main stream media and even if it does it won't matter.  People aren't voting for Burke, they're voting against Walker.  I think the democrats really screwed up with her as they could have easilly won the race if they would have picked a decent candidate.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Same topic
View Quote
Yeah, didn't want it to get lost in GD.  

Rush mentioned this on his radio show today.  And I think the Washington Beacon and a few others picked it up.  Politics section of Foxnews had a link.  Needs to get more mainstream though.  People have gone to the bigger media outlets with this for over a month and they won't pick it up.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:37:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I will have to ask my doc when I see him next he is Trek's doc too.......
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 12:10:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Burke is a joke.  What's worse, however, is that half our state can't see that, and will vote for her.

Ultimately, we get the govt we deserve.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 3:06:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Glad I didn't get hired in there as a painter. Freaking supervisor I had to interview with was a rude idiot making it sound like painting with a STENCIL was insanely complicated. Geesh I painted CONVERSION VANS. "Slightly" more difficult than what the job I applied for.

Glad my choice of bicycles is Specialized.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:58:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, this makes me feel better about sticking with Trek.  Ever since she started this campaign I would get a pain in my gut every time I would look at my bike.

As far as mainstream picking it up?  Even if they did, with the added detail of her eating live human babies, most voters will still vote for the Non-walker candidate.  It doesn't matter who's on the ticket.

I still cant see her getting more votes that Barret, he tried twice and it still wasn't enough.  I hope I'm right
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I never thought she had a chance.
I've been very optimistic about this one.

Walker won 3 elections in what, 5 years?
Wisconsin likes him.

Even at the height of the Act 10 bullshit, the WI Supreme Court race was seen as a referendum on Walker.
The libs and the unions even tried to pull some recount shit.
Conservatives still won.

The political tides nationally are moving to the right.
Wisconsin will as well.

Sans some sort of massive voter fraud, I don't see Burke winning this.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#13]
http://www.newstalk1130.com/onair/common-sense-central-37717/former-trek-president-and-ceo-confirms-12916069/

Audio from the former Trek ceo at link, confirms she didn't leave on her own.  Scathing.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#14]
but guys...guys....Obama came to Wisconsin to support her... shes gotta be the best!!!!

people are so blind its just absolutely stunning...

i have faith we will win on Tuesday

WALKER!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
but guys...guys....Obama came to Wisconsin to support her... shes gotta be the best!!!!

people are so blind its just absolutely stunning...

i have faith we will win on Tuesday

WALKER!
View Quote

Thats because the Chicago North Shore Lefties run WI left wing politics out of their Milwaukee club....imo

Anyway.... Obama endorsement ......the kiss of death.......bwahahahahahahaha!
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#16]
I heard on the radio that her father the owner forced her to apologize to the employees for her tenure before she got sacked.  Also, she moved the headquarters in Europe from wherever it was to Amsterdam because she said Amsterdam suited her lifestyle better.

Alaska had a governor like that, he was a US senator before becoming governor and he acted like he was god for himself but the state?  Gotta cut everything including the annual dividend.  Oh, by the way, I need a private jet because the other governors have one. Oh, and as governor I will appoint my daughter to replace me in the senate.  

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 12:24:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sadly this will not make the main stream media and even if it does it won't matter.  People aren't voting for Burke, they're voting against Walker.  I think the democrats really screwed up with her as they could have easilly won the race if they would have picked a decent candidate.
View Quote

This!

Im not really for one or the other.  I vote based on the candidate and what their party is doing.

I vote Republican, largely because I dont like the fact the Democrats are trying to take away our freedoms and make everyone more dependent on the government.  I can weigh all the other points in a candidate, but as a whole I will not stand for that.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Song Trek, and the WIS voters played recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS1g8G_njx8

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top