Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2014 8:16:31 PM EDT
Going hunting tomorrow @ Jackson marsh for some pheasant.  Any one have any luck there. And is it alright to use lead for pheasant there?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Going hunting tomorrow @ Jackson marsh for some pheasant.  Any one have any luck there. And is it alright to use lead for pheasant there?
View Quote

My boss goes there almost daily during the season and limits out daily often. You're good with lead unless they've changed it since last year.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I went out Sunday and it was pretty busy.  I only saw one bird and it was on private land.  I think I'm going to try it during the week when it's less crowded.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I've taken one each of the last three mornings, but haven't been able to limit out in a day yet.

Eta- you're definitively good with lead, double checked the signage this morning for you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Kayl were you out there on 10/24?  I started out on Church Rd, then moved to the parking lot off Pleasant Valley just West of G.  I was out there without a dog, and its really tough, the only bird I saw was kicked up by someone's dog.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Much as I enjoy pheasant hunting I've given up since I found Woodman's in Appleton has them in the frozen food area. Side benefit being not having to clean them! Just cook and enjoy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, I was in the fields off of Maple. We put up 5 and shot 2, one of the five was in the woods (no clear shot) and I don't know why the guys who put up the other two didn't shoot sooner!

I'm lucky enough to know a couple of guys with dogs.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I actually got 2 roosters this morning.  Kicked one up, flew straight and I got him, as soon as I shot one jumped up behind me I did a 180 and got that one also.  Not too bad for not having a dog

***dog pictured is 14 and is retired***

Link Posted: 11/6/2014 3:35:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I actually got 2 roosters this morning.  Kicked one up, flew straight and I got him, as soon as I shot one jumped up behind me I did a 180 and got that one also.  Not too bad for not having a dog
View Quote

Nice! I went out by myself on Tuesday morning, but it started raining before I could put more than a few minutes in and I didn't feel like getting soaked. I'm bringing out my dog (Shepard/lab/terrier mix) on Friday to see how she does. She did a great job finding the birds I've hidden around the yard. Hopefully she does well and isn't gun shy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top