Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2014 1:07:26 PM EDT
Anyone been to Springbrook Sportsman's Club in Omro?
What are the facilities like?
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of the range rules I've read a couple years back in a news letter would make Elmer Fudd blush. Seems to be a very shotgun oriented club like Van Dyne.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 4:10:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm attending a pistol class there this weekend.
Do they have running water?
Bathrooms?
Etc.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:38:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Its my club, Don't F it up when your with Pannone...
You will find it very nice, while it is a Trap club, that is just part of it.
The club house is very nice and includes a nice section that has a bar and a class room with tables and chairs...
Has indoor plumbing and nice bathrooms.
Heated. very comfy and a place to dry off, warm up.
Has one soda vending machine.

the range is grass and 100 yds max. Has a side range angled to the right side for 25 yd pistol.

For the classes that Alias Group have hosted there this year  (Pat McNamara, Larry Vickers and now Mike Pannone,) this range has everything one would need to hold a carbine or pistol class. You should find the facilities more the adequate.

I was at our last Membership meeting and the feed back was the range was well received and that they want to bring back classes next year... So I can finally attend a class and sleep in my own bed at night...
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#4]
also, there is nothing close by except a tavern. I don't know if they serve food or not. so for lunch, I would pack my own.
I know when I take a class, I pack sandwiches, a few apples, some granola bars and some gator aide, so I never have to leave the range, and I'm good for the whole day.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:05:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks a bunch Harv.
I appreciate it.

We packed a cooler.
Figured there wouldn't be anywhere to eat.

ETA:
I hear you about sleeping in your own bed.
My secret squirrel club had McNamara 2 years ago.
It was a blessing to be able to go home after the days shooting.
Unfortunately there hasn't been any Alias classes held there since.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:45:56 PM EDT
[#6]
No problem, enjoy the class.. I hear its outstanding.. post a good AAR . I will be interested to hear your take on the class.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks.
I promise we won't stink up the place too bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top