Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2014 8:56:42 AM EDT
Anyone have any experience w/ kamodo style grills? I am looking at getting one and I know there are proven brands like big green egg and primo but they are just so darn expensive. I am wondering if there are any alternatives that would be cheaper? Like am I just paying for the name by going w/ a big name brand or would something like the char griller kamodo style grill work just as good for a fraction of the cost? Main reason I want to get one of these grills is there ability to hold a temp. I have been using my weber grill for the last year for smoking and it just takes so much time and effort to keep at the temp I want. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:49:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an 680 series Louisiana Pellet grill.
You can smoke, bake, etc.
I'll never go back to a regular grill.

The nicest thing is it holds the temp accurately.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you looked at the DIY or Alton Brown ones?

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy a weber WSM save a ton of money  buy meat and extra charcoal and a pit control if you like!

You can thank me later..
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:31:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anyone have any experience w/ kamodo style grills? I am looking at getting one and I know there are proven brands like big green egg and primo but they are just so darn expensive. I am wondering if there are any alternatives that would be cheaper? Like am I just paying for the name by going w/ a big name brand or would something like the char griller kamodo style grill work just as good for a fraction of the cost? Main reason I want to get one of these grills is there ability to hold a temp. I have been using my weber grill for the last year for smoking and it just takes so much time and effort to keep at the temp I want. Thanks in advance.
View Quote

Build a UDS. Ugly drum smokers are cheap(mine cost $50. YMMV) and hold temps like a dream. Once you know how much air flow to allow, they are set it and forget it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:52:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I looked into a WSM but then I would absolutely need 2 grills. Right now I have the potential opportunity to buy a green egg  w/ a stand for like $800 bucks and still get the full warranty since I would be getting it through a dealer. I currently have a weber performer and like the idea of being able to do a ton w/ a big green egg and actually maybe not need my weber. Really not interested in a pellet grill though. Mainly just want to know more about some of the other brands of the ceramic grills.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buy a weber WSM save a ton of money  buy meat and extra charcoal and a pit control if you like!

You can thank me later..
View Quote

You've got smokers and grills to spare, send em over
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top