Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2014 10:12:24 AM EDT
How many witnesses do you need when you get a trust notorized in this state?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#1]
You should ask your attorney

You don't need witnesses for a trust in WI
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:16:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If you were like me and hopped on the $69 deal last month the document had provisions for two. I don't believe you need two witnesses in WI but it didn't bother me.

I just had two people at the bank sign for me. And when I added a rifle to the Schedule A today while at work I had two co workers sign the additioal Section A as witnesses.

It's probably easier to find witnesses that you may or may not need than to get folks on Arfcom to stop implying that you should have invested $350 into a local attourney so that they could give you legal advice when you have questions like this.

I'm not a lawyer, nor am I providing legal advice. I'm just letting you know what I did with my WI based NFA trust because I don't think it's neccessary to invest in a lawyer for some of these things.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#3]
What attorny

Yeah I hopped on that deal last week or 2 weeks ago and got everything done just need to do the final touches to it. Everything else I have researched and read says there doesn't need to be a witness for the trust but I haven't found anything on not needing a witness to the schedule A so I'm asking all you legal geniuses to lend a helping hand. I'm still learning a bit more and more about the NFA thing everyday as I read.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Like jacobsk I just went to my bank to get everything signed. They'll just grab two random employees to sign as witnesses for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top