Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2014 7:08:59 PM EDT
If any police are on here could you tell me how much the ticket would be for turning around on a freeway police only turn around in a constuction zone? I saw a guy do it today and there was a sheriff 2 cars in front of me who pulled him over right away.I was telling my wife that has to be a hefty fine. Just wondering!
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:55:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You don't have to be a cop, it is public knowledge.

346.04(2) $213.10 and 3 points says the bond book page 27.

link to WI bond book

V
OUT
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#2]
10 bucks for not having insurance, 175 for dirty windows. Sure, that makes sense.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:19:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
10 bucks for not having insurance, 175 for dirty windows. Sure, that makes sense.
View Quote

The $10 ticket is for not having proof of insurance.

The cite for not having insurance is more. The cost depends on if you're cited by a municipality or State Patrol/Sheriff's department.

If you're cited by a dept that has a muni court, the cite will likely be $124. ($50 deposit plus court costs)

County agencies and State Patrol write in Circuit Court. The cite for No Insurance through them would be $200.50.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:29:07 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote

Its $10 for not HAVING proof on insurance in the vehicle. $200.50 for driving with out insurance.

Personally I'd like to see it listed as a reckless driving ticket for those numb nuts who do u-turns in the emergency/maintenance vehicle crossovers on the interstate. Years ago an old woman died when she did that just north of Janesville. Pulled out right in front of a truck. Its real fun having to get on the brakes hard when some dolt decides to do a uturn at one right in front of high speed interstate traffic. Of course if directed to do so by police that's another story.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:11:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Wonder how often people get busted for this.  I see people using those turnarounds all the time.  Yesterday i saw someone pulling a big camper using one.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:11:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wonder how often people get busted for this.  I see people using those turnarounds all the time.  Yesterday i saw someone pulling a big camper using one.
View Quote

Same here, and they're 99 times out of 100 reckless assholes when they do it too.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget that the deposit doubles in construction zones
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#8]
if i wrote a citation where i work it would be 136.60 and 3 points for the turn in the police only turn around...

also my citation for no insurance is $308 :) get insurance! (and i have a muni court)
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:36:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I did this quite a few years ago in West Salem on I90E.

I was coming off Mormon Coulee & I forgot a I needed to go somewhere back one exit. Right off the exit there was an emergency U-turn. I hopped over on it, watched for traffic to clear. I pulled out & gunned it, pulled 7psi through 1st & grabbed 2nd, 3rd & was up to 70 in the Stang in about 2 block lengths.

Looked back & a state trooper had followed me into the U-turn & attempted to keep up in his turdy Vic... once I slowed back down to let him catch up he came to the window & I  asked, "Do I get the dumb ass of the day award?" He didn't laugh but responded, "Probably.". I then rebutted "Well if that was so dangerous for me to do, & I walked away from you like you were standing still, how dangerous was it for you to follow right after me?" He didn't laugh at that either...

Judge threw it out after I challenged it... obviously it was not "Un-Safe" for me.

Have a nice day & YMMV...
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 3:16:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm a licensed road racer. Guess it would be perfectly fine for me to drive on the interstates at what ever speeds I feel comfortable at since it would be safe for me to do it. I'm very comfy driving above 180mph+.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 6:09:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm a licensed road racer. Guess it would be perfectly fine for me to drive on the interstates at what ever speeds I feel comfortable at since it would be safe for me to do it. I'm very comfy driving above 180mph+.  
View Quote

Maybe.

Are you trying to draw a parallel?  If so I have to say it kind of a poor one.

I don't see cops doing 180mph, but I do see them going over the speed limit quite often... so in the law hypocrisy is admonishable? Persecution of others for that which you do is acceptable?

What happened to equal justice for all & that which led to hypocrisy was illegal?

Makes me question your resolve to the 2A... Is it not the whole "Safe for us but not for you" what is being debated right now? Where does it end in terms of liberty?

But hey numb nuts like me don't have access to liberties...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top