Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2014 2:56:16 PM EDT
4hr round trip today to go to Midwest Industries and purchase a lower to finish my second build.  Got there just to see an empty parking lot and a closed sign on the front door because of the holiday weekend. Checked their website before I left and didn't see anything posted about being closed today.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a holiday weekend, call them first!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:36:22 PM EDT
[#2]
lol  yeah.  I know.   I looked up nelson tactical, and they are open all thru the holiday weekend.  I've been there before, but never to M.I.  M.I's Website had a notice of closed on Sep 20 and 27, but nothing about the holiday hrs so I figured maybe they'd be open.   Ohh well.  Stopped at Cabelas on the way home, and picked up a Magpul CTR just to use some points I had racked up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#3]
That's less than professional. Very "mom and pop.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:31:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Derp, I was planning to head up there today.  Thanks for the heads up...  
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
They were always closed today, Sunday.

I agree, a note on the website would be nice. There is a note about the two Saturdays they are closed in September.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
lol  yeah.  I know.   I looked up nelson tactical, and they are open all thru the holiday weekend.  I've been there before, but never to M.I.  M.I's Website had a notice of closed on Sep 20 and 27, but nothing about the holiday hrs so I figured maybe they'd be open.   Ohh well.  Stopped at Cabelas on the way home, and picked up a Magpul CTR just to use some points I had racked up.
View Quote

They are never open on Sunday. Look at the hours again M-T 8-6, F 8-330, Sat 9-1
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 11:57:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I've done that before, but on a saturday, and learned to call ahead. Next time your in the area, give them another shot. You won't be disappointed by the customer service, especially if you deal with Pete.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree, a note on the website would be nice. There is a note about the two Saturdays they are closed in September.
Lies!  

Good to know lol...I don't have many weekends off so I don't visit these places much on weekends, I guess I should check their hours on their website.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They are never open on Sunday. Look at the hours again M-T 8-6, F 8-330, Sat 9-1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went down there yesterday (saturday).

I understand it is a holiday weekend but not to have their weekend closing listed on the website is kind of a disappointment since most people use the interwebz to look up phone numbers and addresses anyway.   I'll try again next Saturday.  I usually work later than their normal weekday open hours so the weekends are the only time I have.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:45:30 AM EDT
[#10]
All it takes is a simple phone call asking if their open.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:59:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
All it takes is a simple phone call asking if their open.
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:21:54 PM EDT
[#12]
So you're saying it would also be beneficial to call ahead first to see if everything I need is in stock, instead of just logging onto their website to find that information?
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 2:05:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 4:28:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Someday we might even have portable phones that fit in cars, or hell (don't make fun of me for being too sci-fi) in a pocket even,  so we don't have to be at home or a payphone to make that call!
View Quote

Anything is possible I guess.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Someday we might even have portable phones that fit in cars, or hell (don't make fun of me for being too sci-fi) in a pocket even,  so we don't have to be at home or a payphone to make that call!
View Quote

Preposterous!!!  What's next, busses that can fly? Horseless carriages?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:10:12 AM EDT
[#16]
You all better get out of here with that devil talk!
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 3:07:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've done that before, but on a saturday, and learned to call ahead. Next time your in the area, give them another shot. You won't be disappointed by the customer service, especially if you deal with Pete.
View Quote

I can vouch for great customer service when dealing with Pete and John.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:33:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

They might even work in the  northwoods someday too.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lets just settle for the power being back up and running.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top