Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2014 2:55:26 PM EDT
So I am just curious what you guys would do in this case. I finally decided to list some stuff on ar15.com's EE. I had a guy tell me he wanted to buy a barrel I had for sale and he wanted to pay MO which I said is fine and I would ship once I received payment. He said he sent the MO Saturday the 9th, of August, and I finally contacted him on the following Thursday letting him know it hadn't come yet. He got back to me and seemed sincere and said that if doesn't come by the weekend to let him know and he would pay via paypal. Then I could just return the MO to him if I ever got it. I said ok well saturday came and no MO. So I messaged him on Monday the 18th, said if you would like to do paypal thats fine and I would I would ship right away once payment received and what not. Now I haven't heard any response and I know he is logged in a few times since. Plus I have yet to receive payment. Keep in mind I have not yet shipped the barrel. The thing that baffles me is the guy actually has pretty good feedback so I am inclined to think he did send a MO but the fact he offered to pay paypal a few days ago hasn't done so has me confused. I mean he should be able to run a tracer if he used USPS to get the MO returned to him I would think.

So what do you guys think I should do? I thought about pm'ing him and emailing that I will give to the end of the week for the MO to show up or have him pay me via paypal or else I will just relist the barrel on the EE. Do you guys think this is unreasonable? Thanks

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#1]
You are better off posting this in EE Comments & Questions. Obviously, if you feel the buyer is being upfront about everything send him a PM asking for an update before making a Feedback ONLY thread. If he ignores/welches on the deal I'd post on the Feedback section to get the mods involved to help get this resolved. Do NOT relist the barrel on the EE until you get this resolved or else you will be in the wrong as well.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a USPS MO get lost a few years back and it was for $600 for a 1911 and they guy wouldn't do paypal, the seller and I waited for 2 weeks before I filled a lost MO through the PO, they told me if it was cashed they would be able to track it down so they refunded me my $.  They say it could take up to 90days for refund but I got it within a week.

About 2 months later the seller contacted me as it actually turned up in the mail but was delivered to a wrong address the first time around.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a USPS MO get lost a few years back and it was for $600 for a 1911 and they guy wouldn't do paypal, the seller and I waited for 2 weeks before I filled a lost MO through the PO, they told me if it was cashed they would be able to track it down so they refunded me my $.  They say it could take up to 90days for refund but I got it within a week.

About 2 months later the seller contacted me as it actually turned up in the mail but was delivered to a wrong address the first time around.

View Quote

+1 to the above. Almost the same thing happened with me a few years back. That's what's nice about using USPS money orders for payment... they are traceable should it get lost in the mail.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a guy send me a money order one time. Something like 3 weeks later it still hadnt shown up. I thought the guy was jerking me around so I told him send paypal or the deal was off. He sent the paypal payment and the money order showed up a few days later.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:31:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the recommendations. I finally got him to respond and his plans are to wait until friday and pay paypal if it hasn't shown up yet and then file a lost MO.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:14:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Always send USPS Money Orders, Priority mail with a tracking number. Best $5.60 you will spend. Don't send then snail mail with a stamp.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:51:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Always send USPS Money Orders, Priority mail with a tracking number. Best $5.60 you will spend. Don't send then snail mail with a stamp.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top