Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2014 8:12:01 PM EDT
Grothman pushed Petri out. That's a plus.

Who's better on 2A?
Primary is Tuesday.
Info seems limited.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Glenn is much further right. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Grothman has been my state Senator since I've been able to vote.  He's like Thomas Jefferson riding a velociraptor dual-wielding M-240Bs while chewing on habanero venison jerky.

I hate to lose him in the state senate but I hope we can get someone just as good.  He wins with 80-90% margins all the time.

When I lost FJS as my congressman and got stuck with Petri I was fucking FURIOUS.  Grothman will more than make up for years of that senile fuckwit Petri.

BTW Grothman, on several occasions, personally called me to update on bill status that I had shown a lot of interest in (mostly Pro-2A stuff).  He's the real deal, and even if I think some of his social stuff is rearranging the deck chairs, he does what is right when the time comes.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 10:44:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Grothman has been my state Senator since I've been able to vote.  He's like Thomas Jefferson riding a velociraptor dual-wielding M-240Bs while chewing on habanero venison jerky.

I hate to lose him in the state senate but I hope we can get someone just as good.  He wins with 80-90% margins all the time.

When I lost FJS as my congressman and got stuck with Petri I was fucking FURIOUS.  Grothman will more than make up for years of that senile fuckwit Petri.

BTW Grothman, on several occasions, personally called me to update on bill status that I had shown a lot of interest in (mostly Pro-2A stuff).  He's the real deal, and even if I think some of his social stuff is rearranging the deck chairs, he does what is right when the time comes.
View Quote

Thanks.
I was hoping to give it to Grothman.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 1:31:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Grothman was my state senator till the last census.   I liked him and Have had call backs from him He has our votes.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Just to add my 2 cents worth.

Sen Leibham was my state senator until he decided to run for Congress.
Tom Petri was very hard to get in touch with, and Joe was just the opposite.
There was always the followup thank you form letter, and when I needed info
once or twice that was provided in a timely fashion.
Not having heard much about Glen over the years, I can't really say much about him.
I do think, however, that we would be well served by Joe Leibham in Congress.

As far as 2A goes, I believe him to have much the same views many here have.
I know for a fact that at least one member of his staff came and attended class
at the gun club I am one of the instructors for.  

In the end, vote for who you think would be best, but VOTE!
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 8:23:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Liberal Congressman Tom Petri would almost certainly be skating to reelection if Glenn Grothman hadn't declared his candidacy.  Petri wisely dropped out knowing that he was far too liberal for the district against a proven conservative like Grothman.  I have known Glenn since the mid-1990's and he has always been a leader and a true-believer on conservative issues.

Anyone who wishes Petri had stayed on should vote for Joe Leibham.  They share supporters and endorsements and if elected Joe Leibham will most likely be almost identical to Petri as a "can't we all just get along" congressman.  Duey Stroebel has a good record in his brief time in the state assembly but he is just a spoiler in this race.  By dividing the conservative vote with Grothman with his self-financed attack ads, Stroebel is giving Leibham a chance at taking the primary.

Whoever wins the Republican Primary is assured to win the general election in November so this is our chance to get a true pro-Second Amendment conservative in the House of Representatives.  The article below describes how Leibham and Stroebel have both trained their fire on Grothman.  I for one hope they fail and Glenn comes out on top tomorrow.

http://atr.rollcall.com/wisconsin-gop-primary-is-wide-open/
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 2:14:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't live in the district, but I hope to see Grothman win it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#8]
This is close - Leibham better walk away and not pull some recount bullshit.  This is why Stroebel is fucking clownshoes - we almost lost one of the best candidates for this job in decades because of a split hometown vote.  I'm glad Stroebel is out of a job and one of the members of my local gun club is in his place!
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 9:49:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is close - Leibham better walk away and not pull some recount bullshit.  This is why Stroebel is fucking clownshoes - we almost lost one of the best candidates for this job in decades because of a split hometown vote.  I'm glad Stroebel is out of a job and one of the members of my local gun club is in his place!
View Quote

He won't let it go.
He had no business running to start with.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got an email form Leibham acknowledging he lost and has wished Glenn well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:09:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#12]
There are not enough dancing bananas on the internet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top