Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2014 4:16:12 PM EDT
I am considering attending this class in Wisconsin in September. Has anyone attended? Worth going to, or not so much?

Here's a blurb from the site:

The class will revolve around the basics of low power/qrp/covert operation with low-profile/improvised antennas, and communications monitoring focused for VHF/UHF COMINT. It will consist of classroom instruction and a field training exercise (FTX). The FTX will be held *rain or shine*. Dress and equip yourself appropriately. It is strongly advised that the attendee have at least a general class ham license, as HF operation will be involved. You will ALSO receive a copy of my book “Grid-Down Communications."  Dude's site

Here's the flyer for the WI Class.

I know there's a lot of knowledge on the Arfcom ham board, but I would probably benefit from a structured class.

So, anybody know anything about the guy or his classes?

This was crossposted in the Survival forum, as I wasn't sure where it would get the best "traction." If that's out of line, let me know and I'll zap one or the other.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#1]
A very nice class and I am a former 05B and extra class ham.

Only reason I am not going is already have 2 CCW classes scheduled to teach that weekend. Booooooo

Jeff
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:23:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info OP, I just signed up. I'm an extra class ham but don't pretend to know much and have been thinking lately about how I would use my equipment in a SHTF scenario. Hopefully everything in this class won't be over my head.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top