Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2014 12:14:44 PM EDT
If you have a Wisconsin concealed carry license and  walk into a gun store with a concealed carry gun on your person, do you still have to wait 48 hours if you purchase a handgun?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 12:19:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah how has this not been fixed yet?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you have a Wisconsin concealed carry license and  walk into a gun store with a concealed carry gun on your person, do you still have to wait 48 hours if you purchase a handgun?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Because Republicans don't really care about rights....
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:05:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Beats me. Session is over until jan 2015 in case you didn't know.
I think there are some reps who would get this done though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Could probably have even slipped it past the Dems and the Media w/o much whining or butthurt.

Pose it as a bill that states "IF you have a valid WI CCW it must be presented as a second form of identification when purchasing a handgun from a licensed FFL Dealer." And the usual convoluted bass-ackwards way laws are written that "section XYZ.99.*8 no longer applies.." etc. so the 48 hour wait is waived.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Beats me. Session is over until jan 2015 in case you didn't know.
I think there are some reps who would get this done though.

Could probably have even slipped it past the Dems and the Media w/o much whining or butthurt.

Pose it as a bill that states "IF you have a valid WI CCW it must be presented as a second form of identification when purchasing a handgun from a licensed FFL Dealer." And the usual convoluted bass-ackwards way laws are written that "section XYZ.99.*8 no longer applies.." etc. so the 48 hour wait is waived.

Quit making sense! That's not allowed in politics.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Politics.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Politics.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 12:55:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah sure they don't.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah sure they don't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah sure they don't.

Honestly, they do care but only issues that get their attention get done. Bug your reps. If you call ask for the research assistant in the office. Emails work best. Nomination papers are about to go out. Email your reps campaign account and offer to sign. Maybe knock some doors for your rep this year. Get to know him or her and become the guy they ask about gun stuff too. I know some people here are calling. Keep it up. If its not made a priority no one will care.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I hear the Republicans are going to fix this right after they do something about the killing of unborn babies.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:20:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I hear the Republicans are going to fix this right after they do something about the killing of unborn babies.
View Quote

There's more consequence for abusing a cat or threatening a protected species.

Regarding the waiting period - we have too many RINOS in Madison and beyond.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 7:35:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Tell me what I want to hear to get elected. Once elected hide in your desk knee hole in the fetal position. Near the end of your term, start blabbing again. Oh I forgot, help pass some loop hole law your political boss's tell you to do.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 8:00:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 10:57:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Citing limited pro-RKBA "mojo"... if I had to choose, I'd rather see a law requiring CLEO sign-off on NFA forms 1 and 4 than the 48 hour waiting period drop for CCW holders.  If rule 41p actually goes through, that's a de-facto ban on SBR's, SBS's, MG's, AOW's, and suppressors in many counties/municipalities whereas the other is an inconvenience. Albeit a constitutionally questionable inconvenience.

Kansas just passed that.
View Quote

IMHO, both the CLEOs having disgressionary power over sign offs (federal level) and a waiting period (State level) are constitutionally questionable.

But then again, I also think the entire NFA of 1934 is unconstitutional too. Especially for the regulating of sound suppressors, which are basically a safety mechanism to prevent hearing damage.... and some arbitrary measurement requirements for barrel length. Who came up with 16", 18", and OAL of 26"?
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Citing limited pro-RKBA "mojo"... if I had to choose, I'd rather see a law requiring CLEO sign-off on NFA forms 1 and 4 than the 48 hour waiting period drop for CCW holders.  If rule 41p actually goes through, that's a de-facto ban on SBR's, SBS's, MG's, AOW's, and suppressors in many counties/municipalities whereas the other is an inconvenience. Albeit a constitutionally questionable inconvenience.

Kansas just passed that.
View Quote

Actually a really good idea.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Tell me what I want to hear to get elected. Once elected hide in your desk knee hole in the fetal position. Near the end of your term, start blabbing again. Oh I forgot, help pass some loop hole law your political boss's tell you to do.
View Quote

You are pretty good at talking out of your ass. Run for office if you don't like who is there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top