BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:50:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I sent an email to everyone on the buy last week.

The dealer says for everyone that has not yet submitted trusts to please email them, and if you still need to pay for stamps, to either mail him a check or call him with a CC#.
View Quote

i mailed a check but made it out to the ATF. is that a problem?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:26:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I sent an email to everyone on the buy last week.

The dealer says for everyone that has not yet submitted trusts to please email them, and if you still need to pay for stamps, to either mail him a check or call him with a CC#.

Yes.  The dealer is not the ATF.  When you efile, you must pay the ATF with a credit card, there is no mechanism to mail a check.

I suggest you call the dealer and get this sorted and send him a proper check.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:42:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I just spoke to the dealer to confirm.

The check made out the the ATF is no bueno.

Also, - he will be contacting people directly for money/trust docs still outstanding since my prior email didn't seem to generate the necessary responses.

Thanks,
Jeff
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:47:45 AM EDT
[#4]
So does he have them in his possession?
I sent in my trust/verified he had my cc info last Saturday after you sent the email but haven't been charged for the stamp yet.

Edit: stamp invoiced 3-29
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:48:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I sent in my trust/verified he had my cc info last Saturday after you sent the email but haven't been charged for the stamp yet.
View Quote

Yes he has them. This is for the e filed forms from him to us.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 1:45:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

Same, he has trust and CC info but no charges.  Give him some time I guess.  

It would be nice to receive some updates or some kind of communication though...

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 5:42:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I had sent in my NFA fees along with my suppressor payment back in February, and just got an email today saying he still needed to collect NFA fees from me. Might be some organizational issues going on with this group buy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#8]
All is well :)
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 12:03:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No, there are not "organizational issues".  While attempting to email those who have not send int there trusts and or NFA fees, I sent an email to you because your name is
close to another on the spread sheet whom has not sent it in.

Please do not be so quick to be so critical...
View Quote

I'm not being quick to be critical. Perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to take things personally.  :)  There have certainly been enough questions in this thread regarding the status of this group buy, and I felt my experience was relevant to the conversation. I would imagine having a large group buy for products such as suppressors with all the extra paperwork and fees that go along with them can be more difficult to keep track of, and seemed to possibly be an issue in this case. I certainly didn't mean it as a personal attack on you, and have recommended your services to a few other people based on our previous transaction.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 4:46:04 PM EDT
[#10]
It is true, I may have read into it too much, my apologies :) E-forms ismaking me edgy :)

I just thought, what the heck!  I am hustling to get everything done as quick as the BATF e-forms will allow and trying to
let people know to send in their fees and trusts if they have not.

E-forms has been frustrating to say the least, so I appreciate everyones patience. If anyone has not sent their trust and or
NFA fees, please do so.  Do not be concerned if your NFA fees are not processes right away.

Thanks again :)
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Larry-

You have an IM!
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Eforms is down until further notice...

https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/

From the site:
The eForms software is not performing to our expectations.  As a result, we are taking the eForms system down until further notice.  We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work with our industry partners to deliver a quality product.  Any eForm submitted will continue to be processed.  The finalized forms will be sent to the user via email.

Until the eForms system is returned to service for the industry, all imports forms (Forms 6 Part I and 6A), NFA forms (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 10), and AFMER reports (Form 5300.11) must be submitted via paper, including any eForms in draft status.

·        Tax refund for draft eForms
o   Direct a request for refund to [email protected]
o   Include the email that was generated for the payment
·        Copy of submitted or finalized eForm
o   Direct a request to [email protected]
o   Provide specific information regarding what is being requested
·        Status queries
o   Contact the NFA Branch at (304) 616-4550
o   Contact the Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch at (304) 616-4550
·        Other eForms questions
o   Direct the question to [email protected]
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Eforms is down until further notice...

https://www.atfonline.gov/EForms/

From the site:
The eForms software is not performing to our expectations.  As a result, we are taking the eForms system down until further notice.  We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work with our industry partners to deliver a quality product.  Any eForm submitted will continue to be processed.  The finalized forms will be sent to the user via email.

Until the eForms system is returned to service for the industry, all imports forms (Forms 6 Part I and 6A), NFA forms (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 10), and AFMER reports (Form 5300.11) must be submitted via paper, including any eForms in draft status.

·        Tax refund for draft eForms
o   Direct a request for refund to [email protected]
o   Include the email that was generated for the payment
·        Copy of submitted or finalized eForm
o   Direct a request to [email protected]
o   Provide specific information regarding what is being requested
·        Status queries
o   Contact the NFA Branch at (304) 616-4550
o   Contact the Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch at (304) 616-4550
·        Other eForms questions
o   Direct the question to [email protected]
View Quote

Were you able to get any submitted before the plug was pulled?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Guys, this is a shitty time for a lot of SOTs.  A breath of fresh air in the retarded wait times has just been sucked from the room by a nearby MOAB detonation and now these guys that have sat for days trying to get forms submitted are having to adjust back to paper forms.

My newest suppressor wait just went from "maybe October or November" to "I'll be happy if it is before January 2016."  Let's all sit back and make sure our anger is directed towards government incompetence and not towards these poor folks that try to fill a niche that includes feeding their families at the whim of bureaucrats.

In the meantime, I'm going to call Obama and see if we can get exemptions to prosecution for illegal transfers so long as we say we tried to submit eForms at some point.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Guys, this is a shitty time for a lot of SOTs.  A breath of fresh air in the retarded wait times has just been sucked from the room by a nearby MOAB detonation and now these guys that have sat for days trying to get forms submitted are having to adjust back to paper forms.

My newest suppressor wait just went from "maybe October or November" to "I'll be happy if it is before January 2016."  Let's all sit back and make sure our anger is directed towards government incompetence and not towards these poor folks that try to fill a niche that includes feeding their families at the whim of bureaucrats.

In the meantime, I'm going to call Obama and see if we can get exemptions to prosecution for illegal transfers so long as we say we tried to submit eForms at some point.
View Quote

VERY well said, RickFinsta.

If you were in on the group buy - YGM.

As for wait times...  http://nfatracker.com/TrendGraph.aspx

Paper is trending down towards 240 days right now, and electronic is trending up towards 150 days.  That's the difference between 5 months and 8 months.  Both of them suck, in my opinion, but at this point, I'm already committed.  My only concern is getting everything submitted prior to the proposed rule change.  So, I'm going to give it until May, and decide then.  If eForms isn't back up, then I'll do paper.

Sucks, but what can we do?

Rick - let me know what 0bama says.  And while you're at it, ask him if he likes his health insurance..  Oh, wait.......  
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:58:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Paper is trending down towards 240 days right now, and electronic is trending up towards 150 days.  That's the difference between 5 months and 8 months.  Both of them suck, in my opinion, but at this point, I'm already committed.  My only concern is getting everything submitted prior to the proposed rule change.  So, I'm going to give it until May, and decide then.  If eForms isn't back up, then I'll do paper.

Rick - let me know what 0bama says.  And while you're at it, ask him if he likes his health insurance..  Oh, wait.......  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So is that the best bet? Wait to see if it comes back up then fire off paper at the last minute?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 9:47:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I went ahead and am going with the paper method which I'll be sending in once I get them from Larry.  

I called the ATF's NFA branch today for a status check of a form 4 I have in that was efiled on 12/16/13.  I was told that it would be ready by mid-june at the earliest.  My buddy who had a form 1 efiled on 01/07/14 was told that it would be done sometime around mid-july.  So I've gone with the ol' standard send it and forget it method.  Either way I was happy to get the discount of the group buy.  Thanks again Larry!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks like eforms are coming back, might take a few weeks though.  More info in this thread, and check your emails if your are registered on the eform website.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1614992_New_atf_letter____efile_coming_back_.html
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I called them the other day to ask about my form 1 filed in January.  I was told they are running 6 months on efiled forms.

Given that they have added staff, and are adding more, and claim to be prioritizing paper forms, I think I'm going to just paper file.  Even if eforms comes back up today, 6 months puts it at the very tail end of shooting season anyway, so I don't see a benefit in gambling on waiting.

Just my thoughts, take it for whatever it's worth.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I called them the other day to ask about my form 1 filed in January.  I was told they are running 6 months on efiled forms.

Given that they have added staff, and are adding more, and claim to be prioritizing paper forms, I think I'm going to just paper file.  Even if eforms comes back up today, 6 months puts it at the very tail end of shooting season anyway, so I don't see a benefit in gambling on waiting.

View Quote

i read that ATF is hiring 20 more paper processors .
we should go ahead and paper fire with confidence now. turnaround times should be falling like a rock
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:36:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

we should go ahead and paper fire with confidence now. turnaround times should be falling like a rock
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.   I just read on another forum that someone got a paper form 4 back in 6 months.  I'll be mailing mine out hopefully tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 5:47:33 AM EDT
[#22]
I just got my paper form back in 8 months so they being approved a lot faster than the 13 months I was told originally. one down two more cans to go hopefully in the next month i can pick them up
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:57:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I just got my paper form back in 8 months so they being approved a lot faster than the 13 months I was told originally. one down two more cans to go hopefully in the next month i can pick them up
View Quote

is the group buy SOT sending them out via paper?
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 8:15:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you requested him to do so, then yes.  That was explained in the email I sent out the day eForms went down.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
If you requested him to do so, then yes.  That was explained in the email I sent out the day eForms went down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

2 of mine are still in limbo apparently, haven't heard if the SOT took delivery yet or the form 3 cleared.  One got through and was successfully efiled if I'm reading the email correctly.  Hard to believe the other two haven't arrived yet...

Link Posted: 4/29/2014 5:43:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
2 of mine are still in limbo apparently, haven't heard if the SOT took delivery yet or the form 3 cleared.  One got through and was successfully efiled if I'm reading the email correctly.  Hard to believe the other two haven't arrived yet...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The other two what haven't arrived where yet?  I don't understand the question...

Link Posted: 4/29/2014 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
The other two what haven't arrived where yet?  I don't understand the question...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

snipped

Never mind, I misunderstood an email.  

I thought the form 3s were still tied up with the eform shutdown, didn't know SOT had everything but didn't get it filed before the shutdown.

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Batch approved from a 1/26/14 F1 !

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/Myz2Ggxl.jpg
View Quote

Grats!  Lucky you...
 I had an F1 approved on 6/2 that I submitted on 1/22, I was hoping for some batch approval goodness but I haven't heard any good news back from Larry.

Link Posted: 6/11/2014 5:54:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/Myz2Ggxl.jpg
View Quote

That's from the group buy, or just something else you already bought from Larry?

I've not yet gotten back any approvals.  I have a F1 from 2/26, and 5 F4s out there...  :(
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 4:51:48 PM EDT
[#31]
It's from the group buy. They seem to be approving around 2/1 - 2/3 dates right now so in a couple weeks your F1 should be approved and maybe the F4's. Seems random if they do batch approvals or not. Some people report getting a partial batch.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's from the group buy. They seem to be approving around 2/1 - 2/3 dates right now so in a couple weeks your F1 should be approved and maybe the F4's. Seems random if they do batch approvals or not. Some people report getting a partial batch.
View Quote

Well color me jealous.

And hopeful.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Shit. I haven't selected mail in yet, was hoping the e form shit would get fixed.

I left a message for him a week ago and haven't heard back.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:16:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Tried calling you a few times last week, but could not leave a message on your line :)

Sent you an IM here.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:47:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Tried calling you a few times last week, but could not leave a message on your line :)

Sent you an IM here.
View Quote

Damnit. AT&T swore that was fixed thanks I'll ring you again.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 1:39:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Picked up my two 762-SDN-6s from Larry today.

Batch approved 6/28 with an eForm 1 from 2/26.

w00t!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

w00t!!
View Quote

Congrats! I had rolled the dice that eForms would come back up sooner rather than later, but finally got sick of waiting a few weeks ago and mailed it in. Luckily I'm not in a hurry to get my SDN-6  :)
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Congrats! I had rolled the dice that eForms would come back up sooner rather than later, but finally got sick of waiting a few weeks ago and mailed it in. Luckily I'm not in a hurry to get my SDN-6  :)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

w00t!!

Yeah, the rest of mine went in on paper may 2nd. I still have a ways to go..
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 11:58:45 AM EDT
[#39]
I sent in paper forms the first week of June.  Larry is still waiting on the Ranger 3s - hopefully eForms will be up by the time AAC ships them.

Also, Larry, you have about the neatest penmanship I've ever seen - do you do calligraphy or something?
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I sent in paper forms the first week of June.  Larry is still waiting on the Ranger 3s - hopefully eForms will be up by the time AAC ships them.

Also, Larry, you have about the neatest penmanship I've ever seen - do you do calligraphy or something?
View Quote

I thought the same thing when I received my paperwork in the mail. I've always been told I should have been a doctor based on my handwriting.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Any plans to do another group buy next year?
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks for the kind words

I am open for another group buy if someone here wants to help organize it again.  Exx did a great job of keeping things moving
on this one.

Link Posted: 7/7/2014 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Thanks for the kind words

I am open for another group buy if someone here wants to help organize it again.  Exx did a great job of keeping things moving
on this one.

View Quote

If there's another group buy, please let me know in advance so I can avoid the forum for a while.   This one cost me a fortune.  
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top