Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 12/18/2013 4:25:23 PM EDT
The group buy is now CLOSED.  Please do not IM or email saying "I'm a day late, can I get in anyway?"  The answer is no, the order has been placed.  Sorry.

For all of those that got in on the deal - if you have any follow-up or discussion related to the buy, we can continue to use this thread.

Thank you to all of you that got in on this and made it possible for us to get the pricing that we did!  If not for each of you, we all would have been paying regular pricing.  How much would that have sucked?  

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Have a trust set up definitely interested
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have a trust set up definitely interested
View Quote

Great!  I updated the original post to reflect this, but which one and how many do you want?
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Interested in an AAC Ti-Rant 45. My trust is already setup. Any idea on the ballpark price? I know you said it depends on how many are ordered, just curious.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm assuming that your dealer does not have piles of these in stock which means he or she would have to order them. ATF Form 3 on paper are taking 3-4 mos right now. Electronically they are closer to 6-8 weeks. How is your dealer getting them transferred to them?

Are you open to using a different dealer?
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 5:21:30 AM EDT
[#5]
<deleted>
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 6:07:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 6:45:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i may be interested depending on final price, im also thinking about a griffin armament 30cal can, there in state and may be a better price point then acc I already have 3 cans from griffin and wouldn't mind another one for 30 cal
View Quote

Which model might you be interested in?  The 762-SDN-6 or the Cyclone?
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 6:49:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 7:58:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Interested depending on final price.  I have a 762SDN6 and a TiRant45 on the list that I want to purchase before Apriil.
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Nate is a very nice guy. I've spoken with him a few times. I have the capability of ordering suppressors as well.

Quoted:
We are open to using a different dealer, yes.  Currently the dealer I'm talking to has 1 TiRant 45 sitting on the shelf.  I've been told that if he has to order one, the form 3 just needs to reach a certain point in the process and then he can electronically file the Form 4.  We don't have to wait for him to actually physically take possession of the cans.  He says he can get serial numbers immediately from AAC, and then just has to wait for the call to proceed with the Form 4, and the cans will show up after that, before our stamps obviously.

We are open to using a different dealer, yes.  All of us in this group, this is our first time buying any NFA items, so our trusts are all shiny new and we are wide-eyed to the process.

At this time, rough ballpark pricing (with no quantity discounts) has us starting somewhere around the equivalent of ordering from SilencerShop.com and paying the $75 transfer.  So, whatever that number is for the can you want, our Out The Door price (including tax, but not stamp), will be right in that area.  The dealer said quantity discounts with AAC being at 5 units per model.  So, while we might not get a QUANTITY discount on every model, I feel the pricing is still fair, and if we can save some money on perhaps one or two models, so much the better.

Group buy or not, I plan to buy a bunch of cans.  I just figured if there's enough interest, we can pool our resources and maybe save a bit.

The shop I am currently in negotiations with is Fox Valley Firearms in Appleton.  I've never been in there, but I've spoken to the owner on the phone several times, and he's a super nice guy.  None of that holier-than-thou gun store mall ninja commando crap that you get from some places.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2013 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#11]
<deleted, read first post>
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I would be in if the total price for an SDN-6 was under $1154 (can, transfer and stamp) and TiRant45 was under $988 (again - can, transfer and stamp).  That's basically what I can pull them for right now.
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 11:50:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would be in if the total price for an SDN-6 was under $1154 (can, transfer and stamp) and TiRant45 was under $988 (again - can, transfer and stamp).  That's basically what I can pull them for right now.
View Quote

During initial conversation, he had indicated his price would be the same as SilencerShop.com, plus tax.  Not sure what the tax rate is in Appleton, but that should be $20-30 less for the SDN-6 than you show there, if that is his regular price (he wasn't very sure at the time and I called on a weekend, so he couldn't call AAC to verify).

That is what he says his NORMAL price is.

I sent an email asking for verification of his normal pricing, as well as what the QTY 5 discount will be.  I'll post it in the thread once I hear back.  *IF* we have to find an online source to buy them from, his transfer fee is $75 per.
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
fivonut
I didn't know you were a sot? would you care to post your shop name, contact info so if local guys that might wanta use you know the info
View Quote

Sure you do!!! You just aren't placing my S/N and real name. I'm pretty sure it's you I'm trading for a PPSH41 (Which I intend on making a posty).

My shop is Reaper Tactical LLC. email is [email protected] phone is 920-809-3644.

Since I'm not a paying sponsor I shouldn't post pricing but if anyone has a question feel free to email or call.
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 2:31:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes I can efile. My only hangup is filing before the suppressor is in my possession. A good friend and class 3 dealer got a stern talking to by the ATF when the transfer form he filed crossed someones desk before the form transferring it to him. But, I fairly certain my distributors efile as well so it should only be 4-6 weeks before is comes to me. I can verify that if needed.

Additionally, when efiling it is not possible to file the form until the suppressor is actually transferred to me. A list of all NFA firearms registered to me pops up and if it's not on that list it's not possible to efile until it is. I had that problem with an SBS I transferred. I tried to form 2 it and then form 4 it all in the same night. luckily form 2's only take about a week when filed electronically.

Quoted:

Do you have the ability to eFile Form 4s?  If so, do you care to post what your pricing would be so that we can determine if using you would be more cost effective?  Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not post in the thread..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nate is a very nice guy. I've spoken with him a few times. I have the capability of ordering suppressors as well.

Quoted:
We are open to using a different dealer, yes.  Currently the dealer I'm talking to has 1 TiRant 45 sitting on the shelf.  I've been told that if he has to order one, the form 3 just needs to reach a certain point in the process and then he can electronically file the Form 4.  We don't have to wait for him to actually physically take possession of the cans.  He says he can get serial numbers immediately from AAC, and then just has to wait for the call to proceed with the Form 4, and the cans will show up after that, before our stamps obviously.

We are open to using a different dealer, yes.  All of us in this group, this is our first time buying any NFA items, so our trusts are all shiny new and we are wide-eyed to the process.

At this time, rough ballpark pricing (with no quantity discounts) has us starting somewhere around the equivalent of ordering from SilencerShop.com and paying the $75 transfer.  So, whatever that number is for the can you want, our Out The Door price (including tax, but not stamp), will be right in that area.  The dealer said quantity discounts with AAC being at 5 units per model.  So, while we might not get a QUANTITY discount on every model, I feel the pricing is still fair, and if we can save some money on perhaps one or two models, so much the better.

Group buy or not, I plan to buy a bunch of cans.  I just figured if there's enough interest, we can pool our resources and maybe save a bit.

The shop I am currently in negotiations with is Fox Valley Firearms in Appleton.  I've never been in there, but I've spoken to the owner on the phone several times, and he's a super nice guy.  None of that holier-than-thou gun store mall ninja commando crap that you get from some places.

Do you have the ability to eFile Form 4s?  If so, do you care to post what your pricing would be so that we can determine if using you would be more cost effective?  Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not post in the thread..

Link Posted: 12/19/2013 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

During initial conversation, he had indicated his price would be the same as SilencerShop.com, plus tax.  Not sure what the tax rate is in Appleton, but that should be $20-30 less for the SDN-6 than you show there, if that is his regular price (he wasn't very sure at the time and I called on a weekend, so he couldn't call AAC to verify).

I sent an email asking for verification of his normal pricing, as well as what the QTY 5 discount will be.  I'll post it in the thread once I hear back.  *IF* we have to find an online source to buy them from, his transfer fee is $75 per.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alright I'm curious but those numbers were based off of silencer shop's figures.  If it's the same plus tax I might as well just do silencer shop.  I'm all about helping the local guy but an additional $120 isn't exactly chump change either...
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#19]
The different with doing silencer shop is you also have to pay for the transfer, which varies.  This guy charges $75, so:

On an $880 can, assuming 5.5% sales tax, that's $928.40

If you buy the $880 can from Silencershop, then you pay a $75 transfer fee to the dealer that you pick it up from, making your out of pocket on the can $955.  You still need the $200 for the stamp either way.  Getting it local plus tax is still $25 less.

And again, those are his "regular" prices.  I'll post up better pricing once I get it.

Also - just in case anything happens with this thread, can everyone that is at least strongly interested please PM me your email address?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#20]
i wish i had some money!!! damn you student loans
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 3:50:40 AM EDT
[#21]
This has me thinking.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 6:37:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The different with doing silencer shop is you also have to pay for the transfer, which varies.  This guy charges $75, so:

If you buy the $880 can from Silencershop, then you pay a $75 transfer fee to the dealer that you pick it up from, making your out of pocket on the can $955.  You still need the $200 for the stamp either way.  Getting it local plus tax is still $25 less.

And again, those are his "regular" prices.  I'll post up better pricing once I get it.

Also - just in case anything happens with this thread, can everyone that is at least strongly interested please PM me your email address?

Thanks!
View Quote

PM Sent.

Sorry I screwed up on the tax calculation before - I did it for the whole lot.  Let try this again.

So for the group buy:
SDN-6 - $879
Tax - $48.35
Transfer - $75
Stamp - $200
Total:  $1202.35

If I buy through Silencer Shop
SDN-6 - $879
Transfer - $75
Stamp - $200
Total:  $1154

So it'll have to come in $49 cheaper for me to get in.  Similar calculation for the TiRant - plus they give you the take down tool for free too.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 6:39:41 AM EDT
[#23]
If Fox Valley Firearms is anything like me, when you buy the suppressor from them they do not charge the transfer fee. So you would subtract $75 from the group buy cost.

Quoted:

PM Sent.

Sorry I screwed up on the tax calculation before - I did it for the whole lot.  Let try this again.

So for the group buy:
SDN-6 - $879
Tax - $48.35
Transfer - $75
Stamp - $200

SDN-6 - $879
Transfer - $75
Stamp - $200

So it'll have to come in $49 cheaper for me to get in.  Similar calculation for the TiRant.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

PM Sent.

So for the group buy:
SDN-6 - $879
Tax - $48.35
Transfer - $75
Stamp - $200

SDN-6 - $879
Transfer - $75
Stamp - $200

So it'll have to come in $49 cheaper for me to get in.  Similar calculation for the TiRant.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2013 7:30:18 AM EDT
[#24]
fivonut - Winner winner, chicken dinner!  That is where lips is going wrong.  

Lips - When you make the purchase directly from the dealer, there is no transfer fee *from the dealer*, only the form 4 tax.  The reason dealers change a $75 transfer fee when you order from somewhere else (silencershop) and then pick it up from them is so they can make *some* kind of money on the transaction.  After all, they aren't getting any profit from the sale of the goods, right?

ALSO - the $879 is his "regular" price.  If we get 5 or more, then there's the group discount.  It looks like we are already there on the SDN-6.  I want one, a buddy wants one, and I'm pretty sure there's interest from at least 3 others (you included) in this very thread.  So we should do even better.

I know it's confusing.  I'm still pretty new to the NFA world myself.  I've just done a LOT of reading and a LOT of question-asking, of both the dealer and my trust lawyer.  Hopefully this helps to clear it up, and hopefully you get in with us.  

Quoted:
If Fox Valley Firearms is anything like me, when you buy the suppressor from them they do not charge the transfer fee. So you would subtract $75 from the group buy cost.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

PM Sent.

So for the group buy:
SDN-6 - $879
Tax - $48.35
Transfer - $75
Stamp - $200

SDN-6 - $879
Transfer - $75
Stamp - $200

Link Posted: 12/20/2013 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#25]
As I discussed with exx1976, I can complete a buy not limited to AAC, but open to other brands with a purchase of only 10 of any kind, so if you
are looking for other brands send me an email.

Link Posted: 12/20/2013 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#26]
<deleted, read first post>
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Email sent about AAC M4-2000 group buy price.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#28]
If fivonut is running it I'm in.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

OK, so you have difficulty reading, and you're not in.

Got it.

Next!
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 6:28:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Got it.

Next!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it.

Next!

No, I fully understood and stand by my original statement.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#32]
If I had the funds I would totally be in. My 300 blackout rifle is itching for a suppressor.
Link Posted: 12/26/2013 6:37:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Super stoked on this - this is a damn good deal!
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#34]
is it still available?
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 7:15:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Yup.  We will be placing our order the first week of February (I think it's in the first post in this thread).
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yup.  We will be placing our order the first week of February (I think it's in the first post in this thread).
View Quote

great, that gives me plenty of time to fund it then
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#37]
I went and talked to Nate at Fox Valley Firearms today. He started a sheet of paper with name, brand, model and cell number. Hopefully more people go there and sign up.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I went and talked to Nate at Fox Valley Firearms today. He started a sheet of paper with name, brand, model and cell number. Hopefully more people go there and sign up.
View Quote

I need to give him a call tomorrow.  I've been waiting on pricing for a few cans now for a bit.  Maybe now that the holidays are over we can get things a little more squared away.
Link Posted: 1/10/2014 12:42:11 PM EDT
[#39]
bump
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 7:49:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Stopped in there yesterday.  Got on the list, gave him my trust and squared away on the price.  When he orders he will be calling me and charging my CC.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 8:00:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Stopped in there yesterday.  Got on the list, gave him my trust and squared away on the price.  When he orders he will be calling me and charging my CC.
View Quote

Looks like i need to stop by also,  just ask for "The List"
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you need to PM me for the list.  See first post.

ETA:  BUMP!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2014 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#43]
I'll send pms to who ever. I have money and need two cans. Gemtech halo and something for a glock17.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 3:53:10 AM EDT
[#44]
I shot the TiRant on a G19 and it was really nice.  Otherwise I'd never steer someone away from the Osprey.  I ended up getting a .45Osprey because that caliber was my first host, but sub-calibers sound really nice through it.  You'll have to decide if the extra length is worth the tradeoff in ability to run multiple calibers.

I'm waiting on 762 Saker pricing to decide it I get that or the YHM Phantom LT, but it sounds like I'm in for one or the other (I got my requisition request past the CFO last night after a few scotch ales...) on this group buy; OP I'll let you know by email Monday at the latest.
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#45]
MAGNUMFORCE - you PM'd me about the buy.  You didn't send me your email address.

I can't reply to you because your inbox is full.   SEND ME YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS!!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Still need to hear from the following guys, check your email!!

ENDLESS_MIKE
TUNABOMBER
ALUCARDLEGO
DANNOMITE
PAR0THEAD151
RICKFINSTA
CRAZYWHITEGUY
MICHAEL_556
DSB
HAVEBLUE
HAWZWOOD
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Did you get my last PM with the complete price list? I think I may have inadvertently closed the browser window before hitting send.

I am still waiting on verification from a couple sources. Shot is delaying a lot of responses.

Quoted:
Still need to hear from the following guys, check your email!!

ENDLESS_MIKE
TUNABOMBER
ALUCARDLEGO
DANNOMITE
PAR0THEAD151
RICKFINSTA
CRAZYWHITEGUY
MICHAEL_556
DSB
HAVEBLUE
HAWZWOOD
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2014 4:16:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Email out; I've got some tough decisions to make this weekend and I'm waiting for some phone calls and emails, (SHOT really screwed the timing here) but I WILL have an answer by Monday the 20th.
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 7:21:29 AM EDT
[#49]
thoughts on a group day to do trusts?
either with an attorney or quicken?
Link Posted: 1/17/2014 7:29:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Little disappointed in the pricing.  Unless you are getting an AAC can, its really not worth it.  The prices before tax are pretty close to silencershop.  After tax they are more.  And if you are using a CC, then they are much more.  Yes I know there is no transfer fee then, but the guy I use from Monroe only charges $25 for a transfer anyways.

I worked with Drew McDonald to re-setup my trust.  He was great to work with.  I know he posted a few times on here under the name D-Mac, dunno if he is still around.  I can get you his contact info if you want it.

Stay away from Phillip Violi.  I got his name from here.  He setup my initial trust.  It wasnt a real gun/NFA trust.  It was just a modified normal trust, which basically ends when you die.  Expensive mistake I made with that one.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top