Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2013 6:51:15 AM EDT
you guys ever heard of this before?
http://www.armslist.com/posts/886613/wisconsin-handguns-want-to-buy--looking-for-a--bbq-gun--something-flashy---

looking for a BBQ Gun. A BBQ gun is a flashy, yet tasteful pistol that one would wear to say a BBQ or other social event. Must be at the least stainless steel, high polished, or nickel plated. Prefer lite engraving and/or gold inlay. I am open to different grips, but prefer an Ivory or imitation ivory, or Mother of Pearl. If you are not sure what a BBQ Gun is, do search and you will see what I am talking about. Open to a wheel gun or an auto. I would prefer a 1911 or something similar. Shoot me an email with photo and asking price. No photo, no reply.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:56:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll translate - "Pimp Gun".
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:56:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup!

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:01:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

OH hell to the no!!!!..

Pimp's don't know how to run a smoker.. A hooka or blunt maybe, but not a smoker..

A BBQ gun is something with a nice  finish and holster!

my dream bbq gun is a P245 two tone with night sites and in a Matt Del Fatti Holster.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:52:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OH hell to the no!!!!..

Pimp's don't know how to run a smoker.. A hooka or blunt maybe, but not a smoker..

my dream bbq gun is a P245 two tone with night sites and in a Matt Del Fatti Holster.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-hand-ejectors-1896-1961/133380-bbq-guns.html

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#5]
This is so ridiculous...that I REALLY like it!

I think a decked out Kimber would be a good choice.  So would a nice hog leg with mother-of-pearl grips.

This should be a regional thing.  Wisconsin has enough kooky regional celebrations/gatherings that surely some of you folks who are pleased and proud to live here should be able to come up with your own "brand" of celebratory fashion guns.  Packers colors would be an obvious place to start...

Flamethrower - you need to sieze this market...quick!
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:30:58 AM EDT
[#6]
the only flash I want coming from my gun is from the business end of the barrel, don't care to draw attention to what im carrying.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OH hell to the no!!!!..

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Are there any cheeses that are hard enough to be functional as custom grips?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OH hell to the no!!!!..

[/quote

Sorry JTP i only speak the truth...
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#10]
In my DINK days I read an American Handgunner article that described these photo-inlay custom grips, and was going to have my family's photo on a hard-chromed Browning High-Power, all in a Matt Del Fatti holster.  Alas, that dream is on hold until my kids get out of college.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:30:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Another of those special Texas traditions I believe.  The holster quality is as much of the show as the BBQ gun.

Who's going to win the "Best BBQ gun" Roasted Nuts BBQ contest this year?  

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Yea, its a Texas thing.. Kinda like your Sunday go to meeting Suit or dress, you need a firearm to match..

actually, not a bad tradition... I think a Nice Nickel 1911 with some engraving and Ivory grips in a custom ed hand tooled leather OWB with matching belt, would be quite nice..
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:08:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not quite the same thing. BBQ is something high end while pimp gun is something cheap with bling
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OH hell to the no!!!!..

[/quote

This abrasive anti-pimp attitude is baseless and unfounded.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OH hell to the no!!!!..

[/quote

Yeah, I always think of Texas when I hear the term too. See Texas Ranger 1911s for a nice selection
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:55:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OH hell to the no!!!!..

[/quote

You best be gettin some of your skank ass ho's in here to stand up for your strong pimp hand, and your zesty bbq sauce.

Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:52:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I was introduced to the concept many years ago at my first trip to Gunsite.

All were invited to a BBQ on Friday nite. I saw some really flashy 1911's in hand tooled Mexican holsters.

My personal iteration is a nickel S&W model 22 4 inch with Ivory grips.

I can't wait for some ribs!!

Jeff
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:50:30 PM EDT
[#19]
If he got Pearl, Gen. Patton would say it's a pimp gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top