Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2012 8:57:46 PM EDT
I got hosed on an ebay deal from a wisconsin person. I returned the crap he sent me within the 3 day return policy but he has not refunded me and resold the item on a relist. I did some research on the guy and he is DOC active.  Anyways, when I check the DOC site it lists his status as " Active Community Supervision " and then under that it says........" Maximum Discharge Date:  10/19/2013    Mandatory Release/Extended Supervision Date:  04/13/2011 " Does anyone here know exactly what this means? Just wondering if I have any screws to turn if need be. He was face booking from Vegas which means he left the state. Anyways any help from a LEO, ATTY, etc appreciated. .
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 9:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Contact local police and file fraud charges in your jurisdiction and his. Even if you never get your money back, a return trip to the slammer may smarten him up.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I got hosed on an ebay deal from a wisconsin person. I returned the crap he sent me within the 3 day return policy but he has not refunded me and resold the item on a relist. I did some research on the guy and he is DOC active.  Anyways, when I check the DOC site it lists his status as " Active Community Supervision " and then under that it says........" Maximum Discharge Date:  10/19/2013    Mandatory Release/Extended Supervision Date:  04/13/2011 " Does anyone here know exactly what this means? Just wondering if I have any screws to turn if need be. He was face booking from Vegas which means he left the state. Anyways any help from a LEO, ATTY, etc appreciated. .

He's on paper till 2013. How bad were you screwed on Ebay?  If you contact his PO and this leads to revocation proceedings are you ready?

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 10:32:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's on paper till 2013. How bad were you screwed on Ebay?  If you contact his PO and this leads to revocation proceedings are you ready?

Yes, it was a legit deal for three pool cue shafts described as new. They were chalked, 1 was wrong size, and one had an aluminum pilot instead of brass. Also 2 were so warped they are useless. I was just curious if he can leave the state and go to Vegas etc... We are both verified so I am covered by ebay and paypal. The total was 130.00.

Oh yeah

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you file a NSAD complaint with paypal? His 3 day return policy means squat. Ebay says 45 days and they trump any sellers return terms (stupid policy IMO anyways, but its ebays rule). Usually a NSAD will get teh buyer their money back (assuming he didnt clear his pp account out asap if he's not on the 21 day hold).
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 2:41:28 AM EDT
[#5]
have you contacted paypal, they should be able to help you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 3:33:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Contact his probation agent, I'm sure they would be very interested.  Heck, he might be violating his conditions just by accessing the internet.  A decent probation agent will be very interested in this.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 5:36:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it was a legit deal for three pool cue shafts described as new. They were chalked, 1 was wrong size, and one had an aluminum pilot instead of brass. Also 2 were so warped they are useless. I was just curious if he can leave the state and go to Vegas etc... We are both verified so I am covered by ebay and paypal. The total was 130.00.

Oh yeah

You can leave the state with permission (always written) from a PO.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 7:34:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I filed a claim with Paypal and Ebay. He has until the 5th to respond so I figure he is going to milk it for all it is worth. I am going to just call his P.O. Just an all around scumbag. It took him almost 10 days to ship. He said he had a death in the family but facebook has him poolside partying the day after it got shipped.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I finally had enough and called and spoke to his CCO ( community corrections officer ) and it sounds like it is going to hit the fan now. I let him know that he has not refunded me, has left the state, and openly talked about taking muscle relaxers ( probably Soma ) online. I think his world is going to get turned upside down. And all he had to do is refund my money. Dumb dumb dumb.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#10]
What are the terminology questions?

V
OUT
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

V
OUT

I was thinking that also.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

V
OUT

That would be what I put in quotation marks. "Active community supervision" and what it entails. Ankle bracelet? Can person travel out of state? Not every state calls it the same, so I was asking what it meant exactly. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

V
OUT

That would be what I put in quotation marks. "Active community supervision" and what it entails. Ankle bracelet? Can person travel out of state? Not every state calls it the same, so I was asking what it meant exactly. Thanks for the help.

'Active community supervision' simply means on probation or parole.

Sounds like you have things in hand, though.

Sex offender?
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#14]
No, 2 time felon (5-6) DUI's. Breaking conditions of parole, assault, etc... He just submitted full refund. Up in WA. State the wording is a lot different. Here a P.O. is a CCO etc... I do appreciate the help though. Calling his P.O. definitely lit a fire under his ass. Have a good one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top