BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Sorry, I should have specified that I did not receive this answer from their corporate direct. This came from another forum (thehighroad.org IIRC) from a member there who received an official answer from Walmart's corporate office.
While I understand that Walmart policy is to adhere to state laws regarding firearms, remember that by asking you to leave they aren't breaking any laws. I don't see a way around this. Either you CC when the law takes effect, or you OC and run the risk of having an experience like Eques.

We don't seek this information so we can have an argument with an employee in the middle of their store.  We are well aware it's not breaking any laws for them to ask us to leave.  We leave, as asked.  

But we want the information so AFTERWARD we can follow up with a store or regional manager or corporate office in order to inform them of the incident, and if need be, address the rogue employee.  There have been many instances in which employees acted wrongly according to store/company policy, and having that information let's us inform those who need to be informed so that those employees can be educated, thus preventing future incidents.  The last information anyone on OCDO has received about walmart is that their corporate policy is to allow CCW and OC where legal.  Wisconsin included.  I have OC'd in my local walmart more times than I can count, and I've never had any issues.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#2]
My issue with Walmart is them calling the police and telling them I refused to leave, after I did what they asked.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you gotten any response from them yet?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

My issue with Walmart is them calling the police and telling them I refused to leave, after I did what they asked.

Carry a voice recorder.  WI is a single party consent state for recordings.  I have one that runs 23 hours straight on it's memory and picks up voices nicely 15 feet away from my sweatshirt pocket.

That will make it easier to demonstrate to the popo that the caller lied.  They tend to frown on that.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top