Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2017 6:46:38 PM EDT
Hello gentleman, quick question..

It's probably obvious by my feedback, that I'm not new to the EE, but I have basically just been selling parts.

I know in CO, we need to have a transfer done by a ffl to sell firearms. But what would you suggest I ask for from out of state members? I've sold a pistol or two in the EE, and asked for the buyers ffl to email me a copy of their ffl. Is that sufficient, or would you ask for more?

I have to pick up a few more bills as my wife is finishing her masters degree, which means a few frivolous guns I own will go up for sale.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Either get the FFL certificate from the buyer or directly from the shop. I'm 99% sure the only thing you need to do other than ship via proper carrier/method is include a copy of your drivers license. The FFL does the rest.

You're getting paid before you ship, right?

ETA If you want to go a step further verify the shop info online and then ship only to the address on the certificate.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 12:51:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Once you have the FFL from the buyer, check it here to ensure it's valid and the shipping address matches where they want you to ship.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:06:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Once you have the FFL from the buyer, check it here to ensure it's valid and the shipping address matches where they want you to ship.
View Quote
Thank you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top